First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
disclosure: the owner did ask me to make a review of the protector on a Facebook group and I decided to share here, however, i am not getting compensated in any way at all.

Review on theOCDplug.com 12” F150 screen protector. https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/f150-12

So I installed the screen protector last Saturday, so it’s been a week since I installed it. It was pretty easy to do so and the instructions made sense and were easy to follow. It is a 10 minute endeavor start to finish. I did miss a couple spots that lead to bubbles but that’s on me.

According to the website it’s a piece Paint Protection Film, which is very expensive self healing material, according to my shop SS Customs in Redwood City, California. It would cost $6,000 to wrap my truck in the material. PPF is supposed to self heal impacts and scratches under heat and protect the pain (in this case screen) At $35 is about the same cost as a glass screen protector for an iPhone, but let’s remember, this is roughly 3-4 times bigger screen than our phone. It’s important to also note that glass is less necessary in the interior of your car, as you won’t drop this screen into the floor. That being said, glass is very scratch resistant, a ring for example won’t scratch glass but it may scratch the screen’s plastic or the PPF. The PPF does heal from the scratch while the screen may not.

The protector does change the feel of the screen. It feels different, rougher, and less fancy. However, it’s something we need to sacrifice in exchange for the protection. It could just be me but the screen does look a bit less bright, but that could be me.

I would buy this protector again. I am still combinced it is the best protector currently in the market.
Ford F-150 Tiny review on the OCDPlug AB4D131E-C52C-43A9-9875-5F277508C805
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Yeah ... not liking you right now.

Another $35 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Right!

I gave you credit for the order.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I did this recently and am really happy with it. Agree the matte finish looks a bit less fancy but it completely eliminates the finger prints which is a huge plus.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
How does it stick onto the screen? I'm afraid of long term what will happen to the screen protector or if it doesn't peel off nicely in the future if you want to replace it

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Thanks to jwhracer and ZWARRIOR and your screen protector posts!

Got mine installed Saturday and driving yesterday with roof open in the sunlight the best thing about this matte finish is no glare on the 12" Sync screen. Now I wish they had one for the dashboard because of the glare on that.

I would have pre-ordered the B-pillars from here, but I already had Line-X put PPF on my truck and added the headlights, fog lights, and B-Pillars this time.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
How does it stick onto the screen? I'm afraid of long term what will happen to the screen protector or if it doesn't peel off nicely in the future if you want to replace it
It is the same as smartphone/tablet screen protectors and even Paint Protection Film (PPF). There is water (plus 1 drop of soap) activated adhesive on the OCDplug screen protector.

It will peel off later and use an alcohol wipe to clean the screen. I have replaced many a smartphone/tablet protector and never had an issue.

JDwornik

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I installed one on my 21 explorer. Install was easy and the product seemed good and it definitely kept the fingerprints off the screen.

Unfortunately I was unhappy with the way it made the screen hazy/cloudy after install. I would buy One for my f150 if it wasn’t for this.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Thanks to jwhracer and ZWARRIOR and your screen protector posts!

Got mine installed Saturday and driving yesterday with roof open in the sunlight the best thing about this matte finish is no glare on the 12" Sync screen. Now I wish they had one for the dashboard because of the glare on that.

I would have pre-ordered the B-pillars from here, but I already had Line-X put PPF on my truck and added the headlights, fog lights, and B-Pillars this time.
I got the dashboard and screen protectors from this place, they look high quality. No truck yet but from what I’ve seen on YouTube they are great!

https://screenprotech.com/products/ford-f-150-screen-protech-kit
Sponsored