• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Time to change dealers GA and FL where y’all at

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Looking at the PlugShare map from here in Starkville I get downright jealous at all the CCS locations under construction in AL! Checked in with the MSDEQ last week, and apparently they are getting ready to announce where the dieselgate grant money will be going. So, hopefully, some will go to CCS chargers and we’ll see more in MS over the next year or two.
I am definitely looking forward to MS chargers as we often travel west. Those ADECA sponsored dcfc sites will help but they really needed some guidance on location choices. We need something along I-22 to facilitate BHM-MEM travel and around the Steele Tesla supercharger station. And I will never understand how EA did their 2020 build-out in Alabama and ignored I-20 near Tuscaloosa and/or Meridian.
Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I am definitely looking forward to MS chargers as we often travel west. Those ADECA sponsored dcfc sites will help but they really needed some guidance on location choices. We need something along I-22 to facilitate BHM-MEM travel and around the Steele Tesla supercharger station. And I will never understand how EA did their 2020 build-out in Alabama and ignored I-20 near Tuscaloosa and/or Meridian.
Agreed ?. Last year EA had a comment/suggestion period for the next phase of their buildout, and I suggested filling the gap on I-20 with locations in Meridian and Jackson. We’ll see if and when they’ll get to it. All in all I think the DCFC network will be awesome in just a few years, nationwide.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed ?. Last year EA had a comment/suggestion period for the next phase of their buildout, and I suggested filling the gap on I-20 with locations in Meridian and Jackson. We’ll see if and when they’ll get to it. All in all I think the DCFC network will be awesome in just a few years, nationwide.
I gave them the same feedback ?

OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
Local charging isn’t really an issue. It’s the missing dcfc locations for travel, especially in NE & NW Alabama and pretty much all of Mississippi. Things are a bit better if Auburn (well, it’s Auburn so of course it’s better ?) is your starting point since you’re almost in the center of what network we have.

I should be passing through Auburn in February for EA charging stops in my Mach E on my way to/from a meeting in St Simons.
how are you liking the Mach E? I just placed my order. I don’t trust this lightning, but I will still hold my reservation just push til 2023 with better options. How long did you wait from order to delivery?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Mach E is a really nice car. I never ordered one. We decided on it over a Y or a used 3 Performance, tracked down the exact config we wanted as a dealer mannequin in Americus Georgia and drove down to buy it In April. We have put almost 12k on it at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
The Mach E is a really nice car. I never ordered one. We decided on it over a Y or a used 3 Performance, tracked down the exact config we wanted as a dealer mannequin in Americus Georgia and drove down to buy it In April. We have put almost 12k on it at this point.
nice!! Yeah the only new ones I could find they want 7k over MSRP. I was like no thanks I’m not giving you all my tax credit and then I’ll be in the whole when I go to sell it, so I just ordered one. I have a Rivian reservation as well that I can’t wait for some time next year. The way this lightning show has gone I am no longer excited

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I gave them the same feedback ?
Progress, thank you TVA, in today’s paper: “The stations are a part of a Tennessee Valley Authority program designed to install fast-charging stations at 50-mile intervals along interstates and major highways in TVA’s service area.

Aside from some in-kind services to install the stations, there is no cost to the city. TVA will fund 80 percent of the cost — $194,240 — with the remainder coming from a $48,060 grant from the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.

The stations should be operational in the fall. Kemp said TVA plans to install fast-charging stations in Columbus, Tupelo and Batesville, but Starkville will be the first in the region to add the stations, which can provide approximately 100 miles in driving range from a 20-to-30-minute charge”
Sponsored