• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Time to change dealers GA and FL where y’all at

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
I have to get out of Alabama there’s no way I get a truck here I am 9 at my dealership and reserved on day one, but they anit getting nothing. Anyone care to share what dealers are getting good volume during waves in GA, FL, NC? Heck TN I can travel.
Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
I have to get out of Alabama there’s no way I get a truck here I am 9 at my dealership and reserved on day one, but they anit getting nothing. Anyone care to share what dealers are getting good volume during waves in GA, FL, NC? Heck TN I can travel.
What has your dealer told you about allocation for your dealership or expectation for MY2022? I’m in Birmingham with Stivers Ford, somewhere on there priority list of 10 but they won’t give additional details about their allocation for MY2022.

OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
What has your dealer told you about allocation for your dealership or expectation for MY2022? I’m in Birmingham with Stivers Ford, somewhere on there priority list of 10 but they won’t give additional details about their allocation for MY2022.
stivers Montgomery, I’ve purchased there before I love the guy response fast great dude, but doesn’t know anything. Did Birmingham get any wave 2 invites? I tried asking my guy and he kind of danced around it

hg020680

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron, Audi A4, Mini Cooper S and soon F150 L
Occupation
Regional Property Manager
I ordered my Lightning from Pines Ford down in south Florida. I was told there is an allocation of 300 but I don't know how many orders they have accepted, as I was part of wave 1. There is an ADM of 3K at this particular dealer.

OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
I ordered my Lightning from Pines Ford down in south Florida. I was told there is an allocation of 300 but I don't know how many orders they have accepted, as I was part of wave 1. There is an ADM of 3K at this particular dealer.
damn 3k is to much I’m from palm beach do you know any other dealers in that area that have those allocations but no ADM?

Sponsored

hg020680

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron, Audi A4, Mini Cooper S and soon F150 L
Occupation
Regional Property Manager
damn 3k is to much I’m from palm beach do you know any other dealers in that area that have those allocations but no ADM?
The only one I can think of would be Mullinax. Let me us know what they tell you.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
stivers Montgomery, I’ve purchased there before I love the guy response fast great dude, but doesn’t know anything. Did Birmingham get any wave 2 invites? I tried asking my guy and he kind of danced around it
My contact has been dancing around this entire time. Won’t be nailed down on allocation. I did have Ford customer service confirm I was on priority list but doesn’t mean much if they get 0 allocation for MY2022. They got 1 order in wave 1 is all the info I’ve gotten from them on ordering. Here is the extent of our communication today, which was less than helpful.
Ford F-150 Lightning Time to change dealers GA and FL where y’all at 8A909DD3-D9F4-4417-BBC4-A455FB7CDCF5

OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
My contact has been dancing around this entire time. Won’t be nailed down on allocation. I did have Ford customer service confirm I was on priority list but doesn’t mean much if they get 0 allocation for MY2022. They got 1 order in wave 1 is all the info I’ve gotten from them on ordering. Here is the extent of our communication today, which was less than helpful.
8A909DD3-D9F4-4417-BBC4-A455FB7CDCF5.jpeg
sounds about right. They are not gettingmuch if any from the way I see it, because my guy was pumped before the waves and now he is very defensive. I told him about how forums are saying that the vehicles are going tostates with most evs and time stamp really doesn’t matter unless you are in one of those states and he said this (picture).

Ford F-150 Lightning Time to change dealers GA and FL where y’all at 3124F28B-01FB-4AB7-95C9-037B19D2A1A0

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Unfortunately this isn’t much of a surprise for Alabama buyers, though I hoped it would be better with Ford. Same reason we can’t get the excellent new Korean EVs and PHEV Toyotas without going out of state.

I am on the priority list with Long Lewis Hoover. Really doesn’t matter though with the pricing fiasco for the ER battery. My EV experience with the sparse Alabama DC charging network has me convinced the standard battery would not be workable for my use during the winter.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
you might as well ride it out. At this point Ford has most likely set the waves based on the priority lists provided and switching dealers wont have much impact. I reserved 9:42 the night of the presentation and i am 35th at Granger who has 100's of reservations and so far has only got 2 allocations so just expect getting screwed by Fords decisions and dont take it out on your dealer. Even more so if you have a good relationship and they arent playing games with the price.

Sponsored

FI50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, MK7 GTI, Mercedes E350 Wagon, Tesla Model 3
Reservation time < 4 minutes into the window opening on the 19th, # 108158XX.

I was originally told that I was in the top 5 at my dealership. Somehow, after prioritization, that became #15. The dealer is getting 2. It seems all EV dealers are getting (drum roll .... wait for it ... wait ... suspense builds up to .... ) ... two.

Got frustrated and went to the dealer that supplies thousands of vehicles to my Fortune 50 sized employer (Alan Vigil Ford). They told me that I'd be at the back of the line of their already prioritized list and to expect 2024.

My experience is that if you move dealers, you go to the back of the line for the invite emails at that new dealer.

However, if you got your invite email you can move dealers to avoid Additional Dealer Markup. Just be sure not to execute the invitation (and pay the $500) until you move.

OP
OP
Dolfanrich13

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
you might as well ride it out. At this point Ford has most likely set the waves based on the priority lists provided and switching dealers wont have much impact. I reserved 9:42 the night of the presentation and i am 35th at Granger who has 100's of reservations and so far has only got 2 allocations so just expect getting screwed by Fords decisions and dont take it out on your dealer. Even more so if you have a good relationship and they arent playing games with the price.
Unfortunately this isn’t much of a surprise for Alabama buyers, though I hoped it would be better with Ford. Same reason we can’t get the excellent new Korean EVs and PHEV Toyotas without going out of state.

I am on the priority list with Long Lewis Hoover. Really doesn’t matter though with the pricing fiasco for the ER battery. My EV experience with the sparse Alabama DC charging network has me convinced the standard battery would not be workable for my use during the winter.
yeah the network is terrible but getting better in Auburn where I am located. There are enough here to get the job done but EVs are rolling in by the numbers. I used to plug my wrangler 4XE in on campus whenever I wanted now it’s hard to find a spot, lots of teslas and other plug in hybrids. I’ll be moving at the end of the year and I have a rivian on order expected in who knows 2023, so I might just wait it out. If 2023 comes around and I don’t have a lightning then I am just going to wait for the Rivian. I love the uniqueness and that storage tunnel

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Local charging isn’t really an issue. It’s the missing dcfc locations for travel, especially in NE & NW Alabama and pretty much all of Mississippi. Things are a bit better if Auburn (well, it’s Auburn so of course it’s better ?) is your starting point since you’re almost in the center of what network we have.

I should be passing through Auburn in February for EA charging stops in my Mach E on my way to/from a meeting in St Simons.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Reservation time < 4 minutes into the window opening on the 19th, # 108158XX.

I was originally told that I was in the top 5 at my dealership. Somehow, after prioritization, that became #15. The dealer is getting 2. It seems all EV dealers are getting (drum roll .... wait for it ... wait ... suspense builds up to .... ) ... two.

Got frustrated and went to the dealer that supplies thousands of vehicles to my Fortune 50 sized employer (Alan Vigil Ford). They told me that I'd be at the back of the line of their already prioritized list and to expect 2024.

My experience is that if you move dealers, you go to the back of the line for the invite emails at that new dealer.

However, if you got your invite email you can move dealers to avoid Additional Dealer Markup. Just be sure not to execute the invitation (and pay the $500) until you move.
If you move dealer that has prioritization it is possible you will be at the back of the line. However only Ford Corporate knows. Prioritization does not guarantee allocation

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Local charging isn’t really an issue. It’s the missing dcfc locations for travel, especially in NE & NW Alabama and pretty much all of Mississippi. Things are a bit better if Auburn (well, it’s Auburn so of course it’s better ?) is your starting point since you’re almost in the center of what network we have.

I should be passing through Auburn in February for EA charging stops in my Mach E on my way to/from a meeting in St Simons.
Looking at the PlugShare map from here in Starkville I get downright jealous at all the CCS locations under construction in AL! Checked in with the MSDEQ last week, and apparently they are getting ready to announce where the dieselgate grant money will be going. So, hopefully, some will go to CCS chargers and we’ll see more in MS over the next year or two.
Sponsored