Sponsored

Time for New Pirrelli Tires.... Any suggestions?

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
Hi All

Just clocking over 40k miles on my 2021 Lariat 4WD 5.0 with factory Pirrelli Scorpion ATR 20's..... The edges are bald on the front and overall tires are getting too close to the limit for me on wear so looking to replace them.

It's a work truck with stock ride height that does the occasional long distance holiday run, occasional towing for work and no off-roading to speak of (although I do love to get out in the snow when it happens in Texas :))...

Before I go and slap a new set on, I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on the Verde All Season Plus vs the ATR? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The Verde All Season Plus is for SUV and CUV's and are designed for paved road surfaces only. They are supposed to reduce rolling friction to improve fuel economy. The ATR's have a bit more aggressive tread pattern making them suitable for mild off road and all around driving conditions and makes them better suited for trucks. I'd stick with the ATR's unless yours is a pavement princess then the Verde's might be a decent option. .

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Whoa. I’m only at 26k on my 21 and I’m ready for replacement. Haven’t decided what to get but I do know I won’t be getting the Pirrellis again

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
On my Gen12 I was very happy to switch from the OEM Pirellis to Michelin Defender LTX, very quiet and durable.

Only con is they are on-road focused, but if sounds like that could work for you.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Not really related, but I'm the oddball that will be looking for an all terain tire for my 2 wheel drive so I don't get stuck in wet grass (ask me how I know?). I pull a camper, but have never been stuck at a campground, just in my yard after a heavy rainfall. Differential lock didn't make a difference (had to pull it out with my front wheel drive Traverse that all terrains). The stock Hankooks after no grip when not on pavement.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hi All

Just clocking over 40k miles on my 2021 Lariat 4WD 5.0 with factory Pirrelli Scorpion ATR 20's..... The edges are bald on the front and overall tires are getting too close to the limit for me on wear so looking to replace them.

It's a work truck with stock ride height that does the occasional long distance holiday run, occasional towing for work and no off-roading to speak of (although I do love to get out in the snow when it happens in Texas :))...

Before I go and slap a new set on, I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on the Verde All Season Plus vs the ATR? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Pirelli makes a damn nice sport tire. They have no business on a truck

There are tons of better truck tires to choose from.

What do you need out of the tire? Snow? Off-road?

Mike Kristie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 2021 Lincoln Corsair
I understand that Pirelli worked directly with FORD to develop the ATR specific to the 2021+ F150, making it the best choice for the truck. Here is the video link to that info. https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2021/01/deep-dive-pirelli-scorpion-atr/

I am just shy of 30,000 miles on my '22 and would use this tire again without hesitation. IMO, ride quality, fuel economy and overall tire look, in conjunction with the work done between Ford and Pirelli, make this the best choice come replacement time.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Pirelli makes a damn nice sport tire. They have no business on a truck

There are tons of better truck tires to choose from.

What do you need out of the tire? Snow? Off-road?
Not true. The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires are a solid option for an AT tire that doesn't crush fuel economy or have a ton of road noise. They got us through some nasty snowstorms in Wyoming and Utah this winter, as well as ice storms in AK, OK, and TX. I like them way better than the Grabber AT/X's that they replaced.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Although I live where the only traction challenges are wet tropical tarmac (often) and a short trek of gravel/mud daily, I too have little complaint with the much maligned Pirellis Ford shipped the landyacht with.

I'm at about 14,000 miles on them and they are still relatively quiet and wearing evenly. (I rotate) Still, when it comes time to replace them, it will be tough to convince me to choose them over the Michelins. I have a long history with them and they are an amazing truck tire in the climate and road conditions I spend the majority of my miles in.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
^^^ agree with that.

I realize the Pirellis arent a truck looking tire and I was ready to replace them just on that, but after two long distance trips I am sticking with them. unless I want an aggressive terrain tire I will replace with the same Pirelli.

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I am about due for tires and considering the OEM Pirelli tires since all my travels are on pavement only in the great state of Texas. I want a tire that is nice and quiet and runs smooth on the freeway. My truck came with the Hancooks but they seem a little rough on bumpy roads.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So anyone know if the price for the Pirelli is a cost savings over the Michelins?
I know the Michelins can command premium dollars for such a boring looking tire. Lol
But dang they are quiet, smooth, and wear fantastic.

Reactions: STM

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i did few months back with the pirelli vs michellins
prices was close so only appearance would sway the choice
i to have run michellins forever and the awr pirellis scare me.. on slippery mud stuff
but other wise have been a quiet tire and ride very nice as well

and surprisingly they handle rain very well

Ford F-150 Time for New Pirrelli Tires.... Any suggestions? wheel liners splash guards (7)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cool pic.
Well if similar in price, you know what that means. :)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief