Ticketed for parking my PowerBoost Hybrid in a Hybrid Spot

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Too close for me, I park way in the super back. My dad has a handicap placard and parking up close with him gives me some form of PTSD. When you go to leave you have 500 people just walking behind you and the people who park close are literally the worst.

That being said, if you want to then yeah you should probably be able to park there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Completely beyond my comprehension why someone with a hybrid that does not need to be plugged in gets special privileges in a parking lot.
I can actually understand the reason for parking for plug in vehicles, but even that has bullshit built right in.
You have now tied up a charger for however long your trip is keeping others from the station til you return.
The spot I was in did not have a charger. They have a small subset of the spots with chargers, but most do not.

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Are these Hybrid parking spaces equipped with chargers? Or is it simply an incentive based parking area to encourage folks to own Hybrids.

If it's the second, then I think a big fat Powerboost deserves to be King of the Hybrid parking lot!
They do have some with L2 chargers, but not many. I was in one without a charger.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
They didn’t tie up anything, parked in a hybrid only parking space. Some places are trying to encourage adoption by giving preferential treatment to hybrids, including Massport. They have every right to that spot. Any help one can get parking at BOS you should take.
Lest we forget you almost need to take out a loan to park there! I could not believe how expensive it is to park at that airport. Lol

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
The spot I was in did not have a charger. They have a small subset of the spots with chargers, but most do not.
i did not mean to imply that the hybrid spots have chargers, I know that most don’t don’t.

everybody parking in airport garages would be paying the same (overly proud) parking fees, ( except those with long term rates) and the so called “green” cars are treated like special children.
more than a few times I have come home to $900 parking bills, but the ‘good’ spots are reserved for electrics.
Not a fan.

However, if these spots are available to you nobody should be telling you that you can’t park there.

Our municipality has just told everyone with ICE only are all second class citizens and to piss off. Not very welcoming considering we are all paying the same rates.

And for the record—I always parked against a far wall away from terminal entrance.
Too many front license plates ripped off by people dragging their luggage across the front of the car

Sponsored

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Lest we forget you almost need to take out a loan to park there! I could not believe how expensive it is to park at that airport. Lol
Fortunately I’m not paying when I park there, my company is, but yes, it’s absurd. Think it was $160 for the 4.5 days I was there. Rate is $38/day then I think $160/week from there.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Talk about a captured audience!
It's considered predatory to charge extra for plywood or water during a hurricane, but how is it any different when it's a municipality that is squeezing an air traveler for parking?

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Talk about a captured audience!
It's considered predatory to charge extra for plywood or water during a hurricane, but how is it any different when it's a municipality that is squeezing an air traveler for parking?
So one possible response to your Question/implication/accusation is a Semi sarcastic one:

Wait, by definition a municipality can't be predatory. They only act on behalf of the people. Hayell they are "the people". And "They the People" want you to drive electric, take a bus, carpool etc. and are willing to reward you for that. And "They the People" want those of you who can afford to get on a plane AND keep your car near by to pay dearly for it. "They the people" are offering you a service by letting you park near their airport and the rest of the people should benefit from your ability to pay for it. :ROFLMAO:

Another way to look at it is to ask the question, are they a municipality or a business? At my municipal airport, They operate as a business in almost every way. In fact the only way that they are not a business is that they were commissioned initially by the municipality and so you can't own shares in the company. They love giving better service for better payment. We expect that of the private corporate airlines. The closer you park to your terminal the more you pay. Where I am it is 32 dollars if you want the option of covered parking and not having to wait in the cold for a shuttle.. There is always an economy lot for the scum of the earth to park in at 20 dollars a day. And prices go up around the holidays. The days of an airport being a public service are gone. That's just business.

And finally IMHO: As far as hybrid parking at the airport, A full sized truck in a spot originally intended for a prius, tesla, or similar vehicle is a SLAP in the face to those who created those spots. Remember they were created to Validate the superiority of the people who are really trying to cut gas usage and not those who are looking for a "powerboost" or a generator in the back of the truck. It makes me wanna park there now. In fact we should organize "park in" to highlight their discriminatory practices....
😜

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Agreed. In many cases it's far cheaper to take an Uber or Lyft to/from the airport than to park there. Even at the extended lots can get pricey and are not always the most secure.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Too close for me, I park way in the super back. My dad has a handicap placard and parking up close with him gives me some form of PTSD. When you go to leave you have 500 people just walking behind you and the people who park close are literally the worst.

That being said, if you want to then yeah you should probably be able to park there.
Same. My wife mocks me for parking far away. I sent her this pic one day when she wasn't out shopping with me:
Ford F-150 Ticketed for parking my PowerBoost Hybrid in a Hybrid Spot parking lot

It's actually a busy parking lot at a grocery store. Just no one parks that far back...

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Occupation
Software Developer
Title pretty much says it all, on a recent business trip I parked my truck in a special section with spots reserved for hybrid or electric vehicles at Boston Logan airport. Came back at the end of the week and found 2 separate tickets for “Parking in hybrid/EV spot”… Now I get to fight with MassPort ticketing (Who only accept appeals by written mail, ugh) for them incorrectly giving my hybrid vehicle a ticket for parking in a hybrid spot.

As much as I appreciate how subtly they did the badging on the truck, a little badge here or there indicating hybrid something or other or a little electrical symbol somewhere would have really helped in situations like this. As mad as I want to be about the ticket, I honestly can’t blame the people writing them for not knowing. Unless they curiously decided to search what “POWERBOOST” means from the badge on the door there would be absolutely nothing indicating the truck is indeed a hybrid and allowed to use the spots.
I was at a mall the other day where they offer free EV charging spaces right in the front of the lot. As I was pulling into the spot, a guy in a Tesla came down the row and put on his blinker like he was going to take my spot even though he could clearly see I was backing INTO the spot.

He had a look of "What's this idiot doing trying to use one of the EV spots with that truck.", so he sat there and even inched closer and I think he was waiting to break the news to me that I didn't belong in that spot.

That's when I popped the charging port, waved at him with the charging cable and... plugged in my Lightning.

Clearly, it will take a while before people re-think what an EV or hybrid EV looks like.

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
i did not mean to imply that the hybrid spots have chargers, I know that most don’t don’t.

everybody parking in airport garages would be paying the same (overly proud) parking fees, ( except those with long term rates) and the so called “green” cars are treated like special children.
more than a few times I have come home to $900 parking bills, but the ‘good’ spots are reserved for electrics.
Not a fan.

However, if these spots are available to you nobody should be telling you that you can’t park there.

Our municipality has just told everyone with ICE only are all second class citizens and to piss off. Not very welcoming considering we are all paying the same rates.

And for the record—I always parked against a far wall away from terminal entrance.
Too many front license plates ripped off by people dragging their luggage across the front of the car

Holy crap, if the parking fees go up to $900, I would not even think of using my truck to go to that airport, I would be using a taxi. And for that municipality, get a bunch of people together for the next town meeting and tell the suckers that you will campaign to get as many people as you can to vote them out of office

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Occupation
Software Developer