First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '65, '70 and '09 Mustangs
Occupation
Retired and loving it!
A couple strange things happening with my XLT with all the tech packages. 1) I changed the instrument panel to show Boost guage instead of oil temp. A couple weeks later it changed back all by itself. Yesterday I get in the truck and SiriusXM is on a station I never listen to. Do I have a ghost?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Were there any updates before it happened?

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired and loving it!
Were there any updates before it happened?
I'm not sure. Is there a notification that an update has occurred? I have auto updates enabled via my home wifi.

whitetail34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Physician
I got my truck two weeks ago tomorrow and so far I’ve had similar experiences. I told the sales person that my truck “has a ghost”. It keeps turning Bluetooth off. It turned all power running board settings to “off” in the time it took me to walk from passenger side to driver side, and the lumbar settings in passenger seat keep resetting to zero. When phone is plugged in to Apple Car Play it won’t let me turn sound off…it just comes back on. I think we need a solid firmware update or a recall to fix this.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Had a day last week when the radio kept turning itself on repeatedly. Just couldn't keep it off...

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Are you guys creating personal profiles, make your settings and saving them?

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired and loving it!
Are you guys creating personal profiles, make your settings and saving them?
I have not since I am the only one who drives it. Perhaps I should try that.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Sometimes the Sirius channels change format, it just happened to me this week and it was awful K-pop music. It was so terrible that at the first traffic light, I changed it to the closest station which was 80's alternative. I generally don't mess with my settings, even at lights but this was an emergency!

When I first got my truck, it was February and apparently most of the channels that I added were temporary Black History Month channels. So when March rolled around, I had to spend twenty minutes reprogramming the presets. I still miss the Funk station, they never played Disco but the 70's station does.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
There doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to when my truck decides to swap some of the settings. I would say that once a month I have to reset the “my view” in the console. I can’t figure out for the life of me what is up with the lumbar. It seems to randomly deflate all of the settings. I have profiles setup and from what I can see, there is something going on related to how I unlock and start the truck. If I remote start it, everything is totally screwed up but I can recover everything by hitting the preset button on the door. Outside of that it seems to be a total crap shoot for what happens depending on whether I use the door code, unlock with the handle or unlock using the FOB. It’s gotten to the point where I just hit the preset button every time I get into the truck.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I have had most of the issues mentioned, however, as the previous posted suggest, make profiles AND attach to a key fob. I had to do this since my wife and I have our settings very different and are both in the truck regularly with our key fobs. Now since we both have profiles haven't had issues.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I have not since I am the only one who drives it. Perhaps I should try that.
Doesn't really make a difference if you are the only one. But what I do is, mem1 is me, mem 2 is my wife and mem3 puts the seats in laydown, take a nap mode. Never lost settings otherwise.
Creating only a profile for you is necessary.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
My 2021 F-150 PB lariat has some crazy issues as well. It’s like some one messing with the settings all the time. I get this Bubble thing when I start up my vehicle, I leave my Sync card to Eco driving and one day it was set on zone lighting. Now I’m getting 4H on normal driving mode and have to switch it to 2H. I turned off all connected services until the next update.

Ford F-150 This truck has a mind of it's own! 9C4E0878-560A-42B0-82E2-E9639B9D1A31

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Yeah, mine has some crackhead moments too! It will go to some default XM station every now and them on start up. It will also double up one of my preset xm stations. I think thats on xm not ford.

It get twitchy connecting to my Iphone.

And I had one day that truck would start and run but center display was blank. Drove 10 miles, turn off truck and it was back to normal on start up

So yeah, it's a computer, lol
Sponsored