Thinking of switching my 502A order to a 402A Tremor

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
Thoughts and opinions from guys who own a Tremor?
is the ride comfortable amd stable on asphalt?
im totally going to be a poser with this truck, but love the look
Sponsored

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I’m thinking about doing the opposite now that I have a PCO to move to a non Tremor 22MY.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m thinking about doing the opposite now that I have a PCO to move to a non Tremor 22MY.
Can you please elaborate as to why? Just in case I am better off keeping the Lariat

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Can you please elaborate as to why? Just in case I am better off keeping the Lariat
Had a tremor order in since June. Didn't get scheduled. Now I can get a PCO for $3500 to reorder, but it cant be a tremor. I think Im going to move on to a Lariat instead. It's still more than capable for what I need and its silly to leave the money on the table.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I can't comment on ride, but a lot of Tremor owners have reported pretty crummy fuel mileage (IMO anyway). My Lariat PB is often getting near its 24 MPG rating, even with all the weight, but Tremor owners have reported sub-20 MPG averages. All that extra height and tire weight and that adds up quick.

I dunno, just something to consider. I love the Tremor look too, but I am happy to just look since I won't be utilizing its capabilities. If I lived somewhere open enough to take a truck like that off-roading, it might be worth it.

Sponsored

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I can't comment on ride, but a lot of Tremor owners have reported pretty crummy fuel mileage (IMO anyway). My Lariat PB is often getting near its 24 MPG rating, even with all the weight, but Tremor owners have reported sub-20 MPG averages. All that extra height and tire weight and that adds up quick.

I dunno, just something to consider. I love the Tremor look too, but I am happy to just look since I won't be utilizing its capabilities. If I lived somewhere open enough to take a truck like that off-roading, it might be worth it.
Agree. When presented with the PCO I gave a lot of thought. I have modest off road needs, and as fun as the Tremor would be, the MPG of the PB has become very appealing as the truck will be on road more than off.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the input. I ordered the lariat without seeing or driving one So I’m not sure what I’m getting into. Dealer calls me today to say he actually has an Iconic 502A ( exactly what I ordered) and an Agate Tremor coming in today. So I can test drive both on Thursday.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Agree. When presented with the PCO I gave a lot of thought. I have modest off road needs, and as fun as the Tremor would be, the MPG of the PB has become very appealing as the truck will be on road more than off.
Not sure where people are off-roading but for what I do (mostly high alpine mining type roads) the FX4 is plenty capable. I actually wish I had the PB for off-road because the 3.5L I have burns a shit ton of gas off-roading at low speed. I’m guessing the hybrid would perform well in that environment though haven’t tried it or talked to anyone who has.

Bigtwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Roush F-150, 2019 Edge
I had a 402A ordered since first week of July, and recently bought a Roush. I recently drove a 401A to compare with my 21 Roush 5.0 with the Fox 2.0 gas lift /levelshocks. I also test drove a 502A Lariet Powerboost with the FX4 before I bought the Roush. I Had a 402A Tremor ordered, and kept the order until I had a chance to drive one. I'm glad to have the Roush. The Tremor has very soft front, stiffer rear. The tremor 4" rake is quite evident when driving and the high ass end seemed to reverberate when going over the bumps, and uneven road conditions. The Lariat FX4 seemed smoother. The tremor is a nice truck. The 3.5 Eb and 3.5 PB feel very similar. Initial snot and torque at pedal stab, but I like the 5.0 and how it revs out more predictably. They are all nice trucks with different feels. See if you can drive one first, but good luck with the order wait. Main reason I bought the Roush... my build date kept being put off and off and off....

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Not sure where people are off-roading but for what I do (mostly high alpine mining type roads) the FX4 is plenty capable. I actually wish I had the PB for off-road because the 3.5L I have burns a shit ton of gas off-roading at low speed. I’m guessing the hybrid would perform well in that environment though haven’t tried it or talked to anyone who has.
Yeah, my opinion on off-roading any of these trucks is they are more than capable for what most people would realistically put the truck through. I check out off-road sites and the off-road sections of F-150 forums, and I almost never see anyone taking their $70+k truck into anything serious. I see people do like sandy hill climbs and stuff which is great, but even a non-FX4/Rear Locker F-150 can do that with the right tires. Generally the only ones I see actually pushing vehicles like the TRX or Tremor or Raptor are YouTube personalities that basically pay off the truck through the views people give them while they tear the truck apart off-road. Which, more power to them, happy to see what the trucks are capable of on someone elses money.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Yeah, my opinion on off-roading any of these trucks is they are more than capable for what most people would realistically put the truck through. I check out off-road sites and the off-road sections of F-150 forums, and I almost never see anyone taking their $70+k truck into anything serious. I see people do like sandy hill climbs and stuff which is great, but even a non-FX4/Rear Locker F-150 can do that with the right tires. Generally the only ones I see actually pushing vehicles like the TRX or Tremor or Raptor are YouTube personalities that basically pay off the truck through the views people give them while they tear the truck apart off-road. Which, more power to them, happy to see what the trucks are capable of on someone elses money.
Yeah I mean I generally have never been a huge fan of the Swiss Army knife approach anyway. For most non crawling or deep mudding off-road I think stock FX4 is probably fine for what most people will drive. If you are getting more serious I would probably just pick up an old Jeep TJ or XJ or 4runner or Land Cruiser and fully outfit that. I’ve owned a 2 door TJ and a few 22RE 4Runners and while not great DDs they were capable off-road stock and shined in the one place where a full size truck never will which is small footprint. I bought all for under $5k and never worried about banging them up either. Just my 2 cents.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I personally like the look of the Lariat better than the Tremor. If your concern is mainly the look, you can get a Lariat or Lariat Sport and change the tires and/or wheels, and maybe get a lift kit.

Puckett88

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor 402A Package - MX4 Cover & Bed Liner
I've had my tremor for a week now and absolutely love it. The ride quality is by far the best of any truck / suv i have owned, and that is even with the 2.5" level kit i have on mine. Highly recommend!

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
I've had my tremor for a week now and absolutely love it. The ride quality is by far the best of any truck / suv i have owned, and that is even with the 2.5" level kit i have on mine. Highly recommend!
Can’t wait to pick my white one up in 5 days!! Had the dealer put wheel well liners in and hopefully get a level on it pretty soon too!

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
What trails are you hitting with your FX4? I came from a Jeep Grand Cherokee which was much less wide, and had a much better turning radius but even then I was still in some sticky situations in certain spots in the Front Range.

I usually take the FSRs to get to different areas to camp with less crowds, but I'm definitely going to be more selective when I take my truck - specifically for "wider" trails (so I don't drag branches etc along my paint)
Sponsored