First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
My 5.0 Regular cab goes like a rocket in Sport mode. I wonder what the actual difference is in 0-60 and quarter mile numbers. Would putting it on a dyno show a difference vs. Normal mode?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
For speed, maybe a tenth or two through sixty and one hundred. For power, I doubt it. Sport mode only tightens up throttle response, engine response, and gear changes, I don’t believe it makes any extra power that would be discernible.

If you hook her up to a Dyno though, be sure to post the results and let us know!

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Zero power increase,, sport mode actually made my 2015 tuned Ecoboost slower in the 1/4 mile.... I think it holds gears too long with an Ecoboost... Might be a good thing with a 5.0

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Any chance you can post a video of the 5.0 in sport mode? I’d love to hear it. 5.0 YouTube videos are few and far between for this engine.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Reading what I have the Sport mode shifts faster and winds out longer and in some vehicles adjusts the suspension. I had a 2015 5.0 6 speed manual and when I nailed it from a stop it did nothing but go straight raising the hood because of the suspension. The truck feels a little wild at first and the first time I nailed it it actually scared me a little because I was used to the Mustang reaction. I am very happy with the 5.0 in my regular cab with the 6 foot bed.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Only done it a couple times, but 4H, e lock, Sport mode, 0-60 and it hauls but.
Butt dyno says it definitely feels quicker than normal mode.
Haven't tried with stability n traction control off yet. Still breaking in. LOL
There's couple good 2021 5.0 0-60 and 1/4 mile track pass vids on youtube.
Watch Miser Bros vid of Sam's 2021 do a few pulls vs Gen 13 Blown Wolf. Nice. Semi legal. LOL
Also not sure about one vid of switching to 2H at 60 foot mark or so and turning off e locker on fly.
Not sure how good that is for system? Anyone know? e lock should be off at 25 mph but 4H to 2H, not sure.
I did it once and didn't notice anything bad, but going flat out its hard to tell.
Both pure digital commands so system should know what to do or not to do electrically and mechanically?
Does wind out a bit close to redline. I'm running 5.0, 3.73 e lock too but I though mapping is supposed to match specific ratio or learn it?. 91 octane pump gas. Have auto start stop eliminator.
Still cant run in eco mode though, tried once, but I started to throw up a little in my mouth. ha ha

Last edited:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Sport mode will definitely be faster than normal if all you are doing is turning the mode dial. 4A is going to do a lot better than 2H off the line especially with traction control turned on.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
So what is 4A and 2H?

Sponsored

Lon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Worker Bee
My 5.0 Regular cab goes like a rocket in Sport mode. I wonder what the actual difference is in 0-60 and quarter mile numbers. Would putting it on a dyno show a difference vs. Normal mode?
Same here. ?

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
Any chance you can post a video of the 5.0 in sport mode? I’d love to hear it. 5.0 YouTube videos are few and far between for this engine.
Cannot even hear a darn thing but the engine screaming under the darn hood, and it is
loud. But it is engine whine only. This 5.0 is beautiful and fun , fun, fun!!
But it needs a Rousch exhaust badly!!!! It is choked down tremendously!!!!!
But it sure pulls this RCSB FX4 around like crazy!!!! Only weighs about 4500 lbs. :) About as much as an overweight Dodge Challenger...
Hello Aluminum Body.
Regards, Z

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Cannot even hear a darn thing but the engine screaming under the darn hood, and it is
loud. But it is engine whine only. This 5.0 is beautiful and fun , fun, fun!!
But it needs a Rousch exhaust badly!!!! It is choked down tremendously!!!!!
But it sure pulls this RCSB FX4 around like crazy!!!! Only weighs about 4500 lbs. :) About as much as an overweight Dodge Challenger...
Hello Aluminum Body.
Regards, Z
Awesome!!
Sponsored