First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Single Cab 4x4, 2022 Crew Cab 2WD
Occupation
Commercial Project Estimator
I turn the drl off in mine usually , hope I still can in the 22. I'm out here where the deer and the other deer play so I'm always looking for an upgrade. You were happy with the leds other than wanting the halo drl?

I was thinking about sticking some of those new sylvania halogens in but they don't seem to be getting good reviews (gold box ones). Couple said save your money not different from factory.

The led you linked shows they draw more amps. Did you ever think they were going to melt the housing or anything? Cause any problems with flickering like some mention with other bulbs?
TBH It was never a concern, It was always my intent to swap out the headlights completely.
Sponsored

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
TBH It was never a concern, It was always my intent to swap out the headlights completely.
I'm going to be going nuts before mine ever gets here.. I'm like a kid in a candy shop looking at all the things I think I want/need which to be honest stock would probably be perfectly fine. But.........

I seem to be stuck on skid plates but I'm pretty sure there isn't any rocky mountainous trails here in corn country. And I'm pretty sure I won't be playing in the mud like I used to do in my youth.

I think I should just go for comfort. And maybe speed. No wait... I've been down the speed road too. No matter what you build someone somewhere is faster.

vicious circle

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
I think I should just go for comfort. And maybe speed. No wait... I've been down the speed road too. No matter what you build someone somewhere is faster.

vicious circle

Speed is money.... how fast you wanna go?

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Has anyone with a single cab 301a xlt ordered the remote start?

I ask because I was wondering if it has the remote tailgate release like the 21 build and price shows and also, if it has the release does it have the dampener installed?

I'm hoping that's the case because the 22 order guide says there is no changes other than lumping the bed utility package together.

Thanks

ProperCrab

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Has anyone with a single cab 301a xlt ordered the remote start?

I ask because I was wondering if it has the remote tailgate release like the 21 build and price shows and also, if it has the release does it have the dampener installed?

I'm hoping that's the case because the 22 order guide says there is no changes other than lumping the bed utility package together.

Thanks
I have a 301A with remote start, all it does is lock and unlock the tailgate. However, I installed
this https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ43...75143&sprefix=f150+tailgate+as,aps,174&sr=8-3
Dee Zee assist shock and when you open it, it helps it down smoothly and softly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have a 301A with remote start, all it does is lock and unlock the tailgate. However, I installed
this https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ43204-Tailgate-Assist/dp/B01AP2BNS0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2HDPOJ38IDM4W&keywords=f150+tailgate+assist&qid=1638975143&sprefix=f150+tailgate+as,aps,174&sr=8-3
Dee Zee assist shock and when you open it, it helps it down smoothly and softly.
I ordered the ford one but I was wondering if it was unnecessary because in the time I have to kill before I get the truck I noticed that the build and price says it has the remote release on the remote start option. And going through some other ford stuff I don't even remember where, I saw that it had dampening with the release plus I think one of the marketing people said it too.

But just like when ford tells you when your truck is going to be built. Take everything with a grain of salt.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
There is a thread on here that shows the DeeZee assist requires removing a tie down cleat, that made me add the Ford one to the order.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There is a thread on here that shows the DeeZee assist requires removing a tie down cleat, that made me add the Ford one to the order.
I had put a ford one on my 15 scab but it was so long ago I can't remember. That's pretty %@%% sad isn't it!

It never did work quite right either. It was fine for most of the travel then the last like inch or so it would just drop.

I wonder if the price they charge is with installation? I see the dora has the item listed as dealer installed options along with my plastic cupholder that used to be included in earlier years.

Oh well, I was mainly hoping for the tailgate release with the remote start like stated in the build and price but it's just another inaccuracy, probably for another trim level that you can't get on the regular cab.

Sure would be nice if you could order everything that you wanted a la carte on these. Leather seats, console, 12 inch screen, etc..

Last edited:

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had put a ford one on my 15 scab but it was so long ago I can't remember. That's pretty %@%% sad isn't it!

It never did work quite right either. It was fine for most of the travel then the last like inch or so it would just drop.

I wonder if the price they charge is with installation? I see the dora has the item listed as dealer installed options along with my plastic cupholder that used to be included in earlier years.

Oh well, I was mainly hoping for the tailgate release with the remote start like stated in the build and price but it's just another inaccuracy, probably for another trim level that you can't get on the regular cab.

Sure would be nice if you could order everything that you wanted a la carte on these. Leather seats, console, 12 inch screen, etc..
Them days of ordering cars with individual options is long gone my friend, it's all "packages" that are dependent on other packages.. The price on the website does not include installation, Chapmans is charging me about half hour labor for the install (which after reading other guys installing it themselves is well worth it I think..)

Here's what Chapman charged me..

Ford F-150 The single cab club! 1639000186164

Last edited:

ProperCrab

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
True, I did need to remove that bottle opener lol. However, I do not use the tailgate as a tiedown point so no problem for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Them days of ordering cars with individual options is long gone my friend, it's all "packages" that are dependent on other packages.. The price on the website does not include installation, Chapmans is charging me about half hour labor for the install (which after reading other guys installing it themselves is well worth it I think..)

Here's what Chapman charged me..

1639000186164.png
Same as mine except I added the $50 cupholder for $46.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Has anyone bought an esp plan yet?

The ford rep couldn't give a firm price because I wasn't in her system yet just a ballpark of $1695.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Another question for the short bed people with the 3.73 gears. What rear end is actually under them, the 8.8 or the 9.75's?
Pretty sure that every F-150 regardless of build/configuration with 3.73s gets the 9.75" diff. At least that was the rule with the previous generation trucks.

However, there are two different axles with the 9.75" differential housing, the standard 9.75" axle is lighter than the one shared by the Max Tow and HDPP equipped trucks which is a 3/4 floating axle.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm pretty sure I won't be abusing it so whatever comes with it will be fine. I was just curious because I had read on the order guide I think about the 9.75 and hdpp.

When it comes down to it I wish it wasn't electronic lock but something like a detroit tru trac. Had a 9 inch custom currie rear in a mustang and it worked flawlessly at any speed.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Has anyone found a one piece floor mat that goes over the hump for the single cabs other than weathertech?

I know weather tech has one but Husky doesn't show a one piece and some of the others I've searched out don't even make one for the single cab even in two pieces.

From what I gather something about the carpet grommet placement are different. I did see where if you look up a weather tech supercrew or cab the front mats only are a different part number from the single cab.

I would get a husky if they have a one piece over the hump but I'm waiting to hear back from them because there isn't one on their web site and they don't even show the third piece for the hump like they have for the super crew without the console.
Sponsored