• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Real Reason the Configurator is Delayed…

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Ford is delaying the configurator so that they can dial in their pricing based upon the final tax law changes…the goal is to ensure they can upsell as many people as possible, especially to Lariat and Platinum.

The configurator will launch as soon as the tax law is finalized.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford is delaying the configurator so that they can dial in their pricing based upon the final tax law changes…the goal is to ensure they can upsell as many people as possible, especially to Lariat and Platinum.

Makes sense to a point, but given the infrastructure bill just passed, I suspect it will be a very long time (if ever) for the BBB bill to pass. Ford can't wait forever, unless they hold off manufacturing / delivery of trucks as well. I suspect the next opportunity to pass something like this will be in 2024, depending on how elections go.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They know the cutoff $74-80k, now get to work. Not that hard. When they punt this bill for next year, then what?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
They know the cutoff $74-80k, now get to work. Not that hard. When they punt this bill for next year, then what?
If they punt, it isn't until next year - something like this won't get done in an election year. Then in the election it is likely (historical precedent) the Dems will lose control of at least one house. Given Republicans are strongly against EVs in general and Government incentives in particular (based on current talking points), the next opportunity would be 2024 after the next presidential elections and very much depending on their outcome.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
I think the Ioniq 5 US pricing is getting pushed out for the same reason. They are already on sale in Europe. Hyundai first said they would announce US pricing in the summer, then the fall, and now they say winter.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
:D
Same here - Pro model is all I need.
Happy if I can get the current $7500 tax credit.
Not having the tax credit won't break the deal - since my state gives $4000 in rebates in addition.
Just need it for daily commuting as a solo driver in the carpool lane!

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Why do we think the configurator is delayed?

Don’t think it’s pricing as Ford already put out the price with options sheet which is posted on this forum.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
The only pricing information we saw was the survey, which obviously should not be taken as final numbers. There's nothing official mentioned about pricing other than for Pro and XLT on the reservation page.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Now do the 2022 ICE build and price.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
I mean they could put up a B&P tool without pricing like Jeep did with the Grand Cherokee 4xe if that was the case
Sponsored