• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The most important poll ever for the new Lightning.

What is it?

• Total voters

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I have to find some way to keep my mind occupied while waiting for Ford to release something, ANYTHING new about the Lightning. An order date would be nice, but in the mean time, help me put this debate to bed.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I have to find some way to keep my mind occupied while waiting for Ford to release something, ANYTHING new about the Lightning. An order date would be nice, but in the mean time, help me put this debate to bed.
I'm calling it "the frunk" under most circumstances. Maybe "Mega Power Frunk" occasionally as a joke.

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I'm calling it "the frunk" under most circumstances. Maybe "Mega Power Frunk" occasionally as a joke.
That last part is my point exactly. "Mega power frunk" sounds like a punchline, lol.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
The Ridgeline has an actual "trunk" in the conventional sense that it is at the rear of the vehicle.

Ford is using silly branding on common things that already have an established name. It makes it seem like they are irrationally proud of a feature that really is no different from the others. "Mega Power Frunk" is silly. Sure, it has powered actuators and AC receptacles inside which are nice features that not everyone has, but why not focus on those features alone instead of pretending like the idea of front storage on an EV is anything to write home about? The fact that the opening includes the front grill area is very useful, especially on a truck. The Rivian's frunk requires you to lift items up and over the entire front end. This is annoying enough on my Model S; on a truck it would be a real chore if things are heavy.

And don't get me started on the Ford Power-Up software updates... that's another thread.

Bullitt4859

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 Mustang Bullitt, 21 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Mega = Because its the largest frunk in the industry
Power = No other frunk has usable electricity outlets like this one does.
Frunk = Front trunk

Case closed. Admins you may now close this thread haha

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Frunk = Front trunk

You have a dark green truck, but your Bullitt is blue!?

Just joking... I love the '01 Bullitt in True Blue. My dad owned #389 (Green) for a while.

Bullitt4859

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 Mustang Bullitt, 21 F150 Lariat Powerboost
You have a dark green truck, but your Bullitt is blue!?

Just joking... I love the '01 Bullitt in True Blue. My dad owned #389 (Green) for a while.
I know the irony haha! The 01" Bullitt I bought used with my Dad as my first car (lucky for me). I won't sell it because its a fun car and great memories . I guess I like rare colors as the Guard Green got discontinued for 2022

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I know the irony haha! The 01" Bullitt I bought used with my Dad as my first car (lucky for me). I won't sell it because its a fun car and great memories . I guess I like rare colors as the Guard Green got discontinued for 2022
Yeah, those are both uncommon colors for sure! Glad you're hanging onto the Bullitt. Hopefully other people are keeping them in good condition, as well. Been a long time since I've seen one driving around.

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
Every time I hear mega power frunk it’s in the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger as MEGA POWWUH FRUNK baby!
Ford F-150 Lightning The most important poll ever for the new Lightning. C4EB6D65-B8C1-4181-AD75-F5149B1CA4B2

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Mega Power Frunk sounds like exactly what it is: A marketing bullet point. Too sales-y to actually use.

In every day usage I'd call it a frunk.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Frunk = Front trunk

I thought it was power because it has powered opening?