First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150
Occupation
retired
I been taking all this information in... great site without the bitching and whinning going on everywhere else.. extremely informative. I have bought Fords my entire life.. My first being a new Red '79 F150 4x4 off the showroom floor for $5900 otd... and 9 other new fords over the years. I have NEVER had one let me down. I'm gettin old and this will be my last purchase... I'm going to wait until they're on the lot.. then pick out one. I'm thinking a XLT FX4, in the Smoke quartz, or magnetic gray.. 7.2kw powerboost, as I live in florida, and could use it after hurricanes.. Anyway.. just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here , Granger, and all the contributors.. Pay Attention Men !
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I been taking all this information in... great site without the bitching and whinning going on everywhere else.. extremely informative. I have bought Fords my entire life.. My first being a new Red '79 F150 4x4 off the showroom floor for $5900 otd... and 9 other new fords over the years. I have NEVER had one let me down. I'm gettin old and this will be my last purchase... I'm going to wait until they're on the lot.. then pick out one. I'm thinking a XLT FX4, in the Smoke quartz, or magnetic gray.. 7.2kw powerboost, as I live in florida, and could use it after hurricanes.. Anyway.. just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here , Granger, and all the contributors.. Pay Attention Men !
Don't say that Mr. Mike! You're going to out last us all

OP
OP
mike001va

mike001va

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150
Occupation
retired
Don't say that Mr. Mike! You're going to out last us all
thanks ! Not too worried about going anywhere ..lol.. just spending the kids inheritence.. my last new truck because I only drive 3 or 4,000 miles a year... feel like it should last me

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
The one I ordered will probably be my last one as well.
Bought my first new vehicle when I was still 18---79 Chev c-10--still have it, but it was parked over 10 years ago with well over 400,000 miles and most likely will never move under it's own power again.
2nd new one is my 05 Ranger----does not get a lot of use and has about 130,000 on the clock.
XLT ext Cab with v6 and 5 spd----will most likely be sold once the new one shows up.

I tend to keep my cars a long time, and my current predominate vehicle is a 98 K1500 that I just love (owned about 10 years). 5.7 5-spd that rides much nicer than the Ranger and fuel mileage is not that much worse. Base truck with only AC, tilt & Cruise.
Added benefit of the 4-wheel drive gets me thru the sandy area I live in, plus since it is a heavy duty version it can carry a bunch of crap if needed---still rattle free after 200,000 so it got a new engine a couple of years ago--but I have killed a transfer case--replacing that was a challenge--very few 5-spd transfer cases available that are fully manual.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
If I can make a suggestion... My grandpa fought me for years and finally gave in about 2 years ago, he’s not regretted a day of it.
Get yourself a nice one with power running boards!!!
He loved the look of chrome all over and the regular side rails. But he’s 84 now and those power ones come to the EXACT right spot to make entry and exit soooooo comfortable. Out of all the fancy things you can get, those are the one thing my grandpa has been thrilled to have.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
No more Magnetic.

For 2021, the closest color to Magnetic will be the Carbonized Gray.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
If I can make a suggestion... My grandpa fought me for years and finally gave in about 2 years ago, he’s not regretted a day of it.
Get yourself a nice one with power running boards!!!
He loved the look of chrome all over and the regular side rails. But he’s 84 now and those power ones come to the EXACT right spot to make entry and exit soooooo comfortable. Out of all the fancy things you can get, those are the one thing my grandpa has been thrilled to have.
Well I have a disease called new-car-idous. I have purcased more new cars than anyone should. I have been working on that latley and doing better. Instead of trading yearly, it is more along the line of 26 to 34 months.

Ive been retired since I was 56 and now 64, still kicking but not as high these days. I also don't put as many miles on my vehicle as I did while working.

My 2018 I traded-in for this order, had 19,000 miles and I got in Oct of 2017. I think this is helping me with keeping them longer.

Also helping, Lately I have been adding a 8 year 48,000 mile extended warranty, get it cheap from Flood Ford but hoping to break the 36 month mark and maybe the 48 month. It's, they just keep coming out with this new stuff I think I have to have.

I also have a play toy to drive and it has broke all records for me, it turned 5 years old this month, it has just hit 16,000 miles and everyone of them is a kick in the pants and makes me feel 20 again.

executor485
Hit the nail on the head! I would give up almost everything else but not my deploying running boards. I won't give up my tow mirrors either, makes it much easier to see what is going on behind me. My 87 year mother has even said it is easier to get in my truck than my brothers Lexus car.

My goodness I got long winded tonight, sorry guys.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Well I have a disease called new-car-idous. I have purcased more new cars than anyone should. I have been working on that latley and doing better. Instead of trading yearly, it is more along the line of 26 to 34 months.

Ive been retired since I was 56 and now 64, still kicking but not as high these days. I also don't put as many miles on my vehicle as I did while working.

My 2018 I traded-in for this order, had 19,000 miles and I got in Oct of 2017. I think this is helping me with keeping them longer.

Also helping, Lately I have been adding a 8 year 48,000 mile extended warranty, get it cheap from Flood Ford but hoping to break the 36 month mark and maybe the 48 month. It's, they just keep coming out with this new stuff I think I have to have.

I also have a play toy to drive and it has broke all records for me, it turned 5 years old this month, it has just hit 16,000 miles and everyone of them is a kick in the pants and makes me feel 20 again.

executor485
Hit the nail on the head! I would give up almost everything else but not my deploying running boards. I won't give up my tow mirrors either, makes it much easier to see what is going on behind me. My 87 year mother has even said it is easier to get in my truck than my brothers Lexus car.

LOL.....If one is not careful, New-Car-Idous can be very contagious.

Be afraid.......be very afraid.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

executor485

Wow, i thought I might have a few more years still in me. I'm the same age as Bob. I hope to get a few more vehicles.

Dead man walking
Sponsored