Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Would you say it's just a "buggy thing" that if you configure a Lariat in Sport and "Space White" that it looks wonky without monotone color - especially the bumpers. But if you do the same thing with an XLT it looks monotone with color-matched bumpers. I'm assuming the Lariat will look like the XLT but I sure would be very frustrated if not.

Ford F-150 The 2021 F-150 Build & Price Configurator (Early Preview) Is Now Live Lariat Sport SW

Ford F-150 The 2021 F-150 Build & Price Configurator (Early Preview) Is Now Live XLT Sport SW
Sponsored

shepac92

First Name
Shepard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Looks like they know it is bad. The link that is under the 2021 F-150 page now is only taking me to the 2020 build and price...

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger

shepac92

First Name
Shepard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It worked for me once, and then I closed the tab. Now even when I follow that link it takes me to the 2020s page and removes the /2021/ from the URL... It could be something on my end though

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
@Granger Ford

My dealer internet sales guy just emailed me saying that the ordering system errors when it tries to select "Space White" paint color on a Lariat Sport FX4. It seems to say that color is incompatible with the ENGINE? Powertrain is the 3.5-Hybrid. This is dumber than dumb! o_O

Ford F-150 The 2021 F-150 Build & Price Configurator (Early Preview) Is Now Live image001

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
The light gray ones are not available on the Lariat Sport model to order...

Space White is showing but when I go to print the order that error is exactly what I am seeing as well...

I can get it to print with the 2.7 Eco, 3.5 Eco and 5.0 V8 but the 3.5 PowerBoost and 3.0 Diesel it is not available on...

Go figure on that craziness...

Ford F-150 The 2021 F-150 Build & Price Configurator (Early Preview) Is Now Live 1598374640249

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
So you cannot get the "new" white color with the "new" hybrid engine. Ford = wonky ?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I agree, most people just go to the lot and buy from what is offered. I don't blame Ford or the dealers for stocking what typically sells. But, certainly most F-150 buyers don't spend as much time as I do looking at colors and options.

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
It looks like rain-sensing wipers are only available with 502A, which is not available with Lariat Sport. Does anyone know if there's a way to get them with the Sport package?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
It looks like rain-sensing wipers are only available with 502A, which is not available with Lariat Sport. Does anyone know if there's a way to get them with the Sport package?
I have 3 of them ordered 502A with Sport package all are unscheduled clean meaning buildable and will be picked up at next build

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost
I cannot believe Ford let this launch being as buggy as it is. Unreal.

I also cannot believe you can't get a Lariat Sport with a black interior. I cannot do those red accents. All I want is no chrome on the exterior and an interior that doesn't have a red dash. There is NO configuration that offers this. I guess they've forced me into a King Ranch which you can get with only a little chrome on the grill. But you have to do two-tone exterior on the KR. If you go monochromatic on the KR, you have to get chrome bumpers and tailgate appliqué. Sigh.

Last edited:

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It is one thing for them to quietly launch the configuration tool and see how it goes. But, I just got a tweet from Ford blasting out that it was available. How the hell did this get past them? I tried to build a Lariat and the only interior options were KR, Platinum, or Limited seats (which it then tell you that you selected the wrong truck for that interior).
Sponsored