Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Honestly that was about the most worthless review of the 2021 F150 we've seen even though it was the first one actually driving it. Absolutely zero useful/new information in that entire video.
Let's not be too hard on the guy. He's got 1/2 hour with the vehicle and is trying to get as much info across as possible. He had better knowledge of the specs than the Ford rep during the first drive (which by the way, she stole the show for not even realizing that he was videoing the drive and was talking to the camera, and not her).

At this point in time, we're going to see some truly professional reviews and some who are trying to get the information out there and may not be quite a slick. Run it all through your filter and learn what you can until you can see the vehicle in person. They're all just trying to share the truck with us.
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Honestly that was about the most worthless review of the 2021 F150 we've seen even though it was the first one actually driving it. Absolutely zero useful/new information in that entire video.
If you're not on this forum, I bet it is extremely helpful to folks. Most of us on here know more than all but a few Ford employees. I sure know after trying to order from two different dealerships, having to give them all of the codes for the build for them to get it right, that the dealerships are clueless and have put zero focus on getting ahead of selling 2021s. They will learn it when the brochures show up. Not complaining, but just putting it out there that any information is helpful to people trying to spend 40-75K on a truck that has hardly any collateral from the manufacturer out in the wild.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Can someone please help? I was set on the Baja tan interior lariat until I watched the videos just posted of the grey interior Lariat. The grey has a grey interior ceiling and walls in addition to the grey seats and the tan appears to have black Interior Ceiling and black walls in addition to the tan seats. Any idea if they are both the final builds?
Unless Ford is making some interior changes for 2021, the only way to get a black headliner and interior panels on a Lariat is to upgrade to the Sport Package.

It would be a nice and welcomed change from Ford.

hunter406

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
These headliners look black as does the computer images. If anyone has more pictures of any lariat interiors would be much appreciated.

Ford F-150 Test drive and hands on review video of 2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat Chrome CB7A0C23-686F-4FBF-B320-EF12932F33A3

Ford F-150 Test drive and hands on review video of 2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat Chrome F67B525C-BB95-4F91-ABAC-9AD8FB34C9B5

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Chose that interior on my XLT. (Velocity Blue)
im guessing the only difference will be mine will have cloth seats, and the shifter won’t be in the console.

Does anyone know if these are the same seats used in the recent previous years?
Already looking for some seat and. Floor protection

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Unless Ford is making some interior changes for 2021, the only way to get a black headliner and interior panels on a Lariat is to upgrade to the Sport Package.

It would be a nice and welcomed change from Ford.
I haven’t seen the Baja tan inn
Can someone please help? I was set on the Baja tan interior lariat until I watched the videos just posted of the grey interior Lariat. The grey has a grey interior ceiling and walls in addition to the grey seats and the tan appears to have black Interior Ceiling and black walls in addition to the tan seats. Any idea if they are both the final builds?
The gray interior on the Lariat I drove today had grey walls and a grey headliner. It was very well done, and made the cabin feel open in my opinion. Sorry I don’t have any pictures of it to post.

The Baja and Grey interiors have two completely different feels to them. It’s all about which you want more.

hunter406

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
I haven’t seen the Baja tan inn

The gray interior on the Lariat I drove today had grey walls and a grey headliner. It was very well done, and made the cabin feel open in my opinion. Sorry I don’t have any pictures of it to post.

The Baja and Grey interiors have two completely different feels to them. It’s all about which you want more.
Thank you! Exactly answers my question. Switched order yesterday to grey as a result of the open feel you just confirmed. Awesome. Thank you again.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thank you! Exactly answers my question. Switched order yesterday to grey as a result of the open feel you just confirmed. Awesome. Thank you again.
Whoa, that’s a lotta pressure to live up to! Lol. But yes, it did make it feel open and “airy”. There were also multiple shades and tones of grey throughout that worked pretty well (imho) as opposed to just a monotone theme.

I’m interested in the black/carmine only Lariat sport, and would likely get the grey instead if it was available to select.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
To anyone whose Attended one of these Events with all the Trucks was there a Coyote present? Curious since its going to a Cylinder Deactivation setup for fuel saving on the 5.0 would think they would have one to drive to see how efficient it could be. Hoping they took some notes from GM and got it right. My 2020 Corvette has it and only way I can tell us when I look at the dashboard and it goes from V4-V8
Excited for my NON ecoboost engine sadly lol

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
To anyone whose Attended one of these Events with all the Trucks was there a Coyote present? Curious since its going to a Cylinder Deactivation setup for fuel saving on the 5.0 would think they would have one to drive to see how efficient it could be. Hoping they took some notes from GM and got it right. My 2020 Corvette has it and only way I can tell us when I look at the dashboard and it goes from V4-V8
Excited for my NON ecoboost engine sadly lol
Cylinder deactivation was merely a rumor. Ford confirmed at test drives this is not a feature on the 2021 5.0. The only time the engine would ever “deactivate” cylinders is in a limp mode.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Thanks bud! So as long as I don't have an oil consumption issue I have a bomb proof engine. No wonder why they haven't mentioned anything on 5.0 besides small bump in power

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Funny with all the Grille Combinations Ford would be smart to Charge $100 to let you PICK your grille of choice...
Take a play from Mini Cooper book...
I'm getting XLT sport and already wanna know the PN# for the STX grille....

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Cylinder deactivation is not needed especially when one compares the actual very small if any fuel savings compared to the extra complexity and repair cost of this feature.

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
We're all still waiting to see a black interior on a Lariat. The sport is it's own style with red accents, and cannot be substituted out.
Where did you see this info? I am trying to order as close as possible to an all blacked out lariat. When I use the early build feature online with the "sport" appearance package to black out the exterior, it shows the black interior with that ugly red accent on the dash/center console. Is there anyway to get the sport/all black exterior with an all black interior? The red is a dealbreaker for me for sure.
Sponsored