First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
One other thing when adding larger tires and lifts... IF you don't recalibrate the speedomoter it throws all the computer snake-sh**. Everthing from ECM, to trans to brake controller is designed to act at certain indicated speeds. and will cause all sorts of problems. I know, I found out on a S10 pickup that I put larger tires on and once I did that he car ran like crap..
Sponsored

sportv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2017 Ford Focus
Occupation
Boiler Operator
Just did a 1400 mile trip in my 2021 xlt 5.0 single cab short bed did over 23 mpg have almost 5000 miles on it now and am avg over 22,5 mpg

LixVjj

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Desk job
When colder weather hit, my powerboost, runs motor at startup where it didn't use to in warm weather. My 12 mile trip to work gets 14-15 MPG at gps speed of 71-72mph. If I stay between 60-65 I get 18-20 mpg. 35x12.5 inch Nitto ridge grappler tires no recalibration. Left front rubs when turned to the right, very slight rub almost un-noticeable when turning left. Still waiting on 4" BDS lift for 3 months but I now think I should trim the left front tire that rubs and stay with the 2" level, cut my losses.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
My observation: At 80 MPH on I-80 in Wyoming: ~20mpg; at about 65 I see 25-26mpg. With a strong headwind it can drop to about 13 mpg...

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
Our PowerBoost is the only vehicle I have owned that has gotten far worse MPG actual than what the window sticker posts. 19.6mpg combined, my 2018 EcoBoost 2.7L got 25.4mpg combined.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Personally I think that those lifts and huge tires are pretty ugly. I intend to keep my soon-to-be-completed Lariat SCREW as is in terms of leveling/height/20" tires/etc.
However to each his own and I would assume and expect anyone who lifts their truck or add thirtyfives or thirtysevens or whatever the hell they're called to not really care about MPG. After all, no person who buys a half ton truck with a 3.5 or 5 liter engine is really looking for a vehicle with MPG that Greta would approve, right? I am going to move from a 36-38 mpg 2.4 liter Honda Accord to a 5 liter engine truck....I know I'll pay more at the gas pump.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I love a nice level look with a 34-35" tire.
It's just pleasing to my eye.

But I don't think I will be doing either to my Powerboost. While I'm not a hyper-miler by any stretch of the imagination, I am on my third Ecoboost and I LOVE having my cake and eat it too. I can have a reasonable amount of time sipping on the intoxicating 600ftlbs of torque, and then still recover with a 2x mpg before parking it. I find that amazing!

So unlike my past, I'm going to embrace some F150 rake and live with the street tire look too. My ego is gonna have to survive the mild assault. ?

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
If you travel around the country and pay attention, it seems the tire/lift thing is pretty regionally specific. I very rarely see lifted trucks with huge tires in New Hampshire. When I'm in Florida, Texas, Utah... I see tons of them. I think they look ridiculous, but to each their own. But not understanding that this will crush your gas mileage and street driving manners is like learning that water is wet. Double Duhhhh.... lol

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
If you travel around the country and pay attention, it seems the tire/lift thing is pretty regionally specific. I very rarely see lifted trucks with huge tires in New Hampshire. When I'm in Florida, Texas, Utah... I see tons of them. I think they look ridiculous, but to each their own. But not understanding that this will crush your gas mileage and street driving manners is like learning that water is wet. Double Duhhhh.... lol
That's exactly it. Whatever floats your boat relative to looks. But don't delude yourself that doing those things isn't going to have a significant impact on MPG.

oldrayseasoning

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
I'm averaging about 20mpg combined with a 3" lift and 305/70/17 Cooper AT3's. This Trip fuel economy creeps upward into the 22mpg range at speeds 60mph and under, and moves towards 19mpg but rarely goes beneath that. I'm about to install a Roush cold air intake and hope that I can claw back 1 or 2 mpg.

Sponsored

mirel904

First Name
Mirel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Logistics
Id like to toss in a reply here maybe to shed some light on OP.. I had a 21 xl 5.0. When I added a 6 in lift with 33 tires I was avg 11mpg. If I could get 12 or even 13 hallerlujah my guy...

Now I have a 21 pb and I drive in eco mode daily. my mpg is always between 20-22. Driving on the hwy at 65 will give best mpg. driving at 70 even steady 75 will net around 20 mpg. lower speeds you will most def get lower gas mileage as you are in stop and go traffic unless you finesse electric mode and stay in like 45-50mph..

Now as for the level etc you are getting quite fine mpg... my buddy has a 21 regular eco boost and he avgs 17mpg...

mirel904

First Name
Mirel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Logistics
.........Had you left it stock and saved all the money $3-4K spent on lifting, wheels, tires, etc you could have gas prepaid for 5+ years......lol......sorry.....I couldn't resist.....I'm just a horse's a$$ for a cheap joke :ROFLMAO:. ...............looks like no Christmas card for me from dleeHLCI this year!
ahh this made me giggle :)

OP
OP

dleeHLCI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
You didn't acknowledge any expectation of not getting EPA rating. Can't take the truth and I'M annoying as hell??? LMAO. Stop whining about MPGs. Surprised the dealer didn't laugh in your face like several members here have.
Check the third sentence.

warp7647

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Keep in mind also that the hybrid’s biggest advantage is at low speed start and stop. You mentioned that most of your driving is at highway speeds where you basically have a 3.5 eco boost; add your lift and larger heavier tires and you probably get close to your 17 mpg.
I have a 2019 EcoBoost and I'm waiting on my 2022 PowerBoost to be scheduled. Most of my driving is around town (stop/go), and I get about 15-17 mpg (less if I really hit it hard; I'm normally pretty tame). But when I take a road trip and head (with a bed full of junk) on a long road trip, I get a solid 20 mpg, very close to 21. This is going 75mph on cruise control in Eco drive mode.

It's trips like that that I've come to really appreciate the 35 gallon tank and the seat massagers on my Platinum... :D
Sponsored