First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I got my 21 KR Powerboost back in Feb of this year. I instantly put a Readylift 2” level and 295/65/20 tires on it. I completely understand this will bring the MPGs down from the marketed 24 MPG but I’ve never got above 20 MPG. Hell, I hardly get above 17 MPG. 90% of my driving is on a highway going about 70 MPG and I don’t tow anything. I called the dealer and they have no real advice and say that if there are no lights on then they can’t check to see if anything is wrong. Is anyone else getting 17/16 MPG in their Powerboost? It’s very disappointing.
I religiously get 21-24 MPG. The only upgrade was I leveled it out with a 2 1/4 inch front lift.
Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A Carbonized Grey Sport 4x4
I got my 21 KR Powerboost back in Feb of this year. I instantly put a Readylift 2” level and 295/65/20 tires on it. I completely understand this will bring the MPGs down from the marketed 24 MPG but I’ve never got above 20 MPG. Hell, I hardly get above 17 MPG. 90% of my driving is on a highway going about 70 MPG and I don’t tow anything. I called the dealer and they have no real advice and say that if there are no lights on then they can’t check to see if anything is wrong. Is anyone else getting 17/16 MPG in their Powerboost? It’s very disappointing.
That does seem low to me….a Raptor gets about 16-17 average with bigger tires than that and a HO 3.5

did you calibrate speedo for the bigger tires? (That would likely make the biggest difference as those are 6.4% larger diameter tires making your mpg up around 19) it will correct the speedo and help with shift points.

if you did calibrate than that is dissapointing although I would expect hybrid MPG to be very similar to standard 3.5 mpg on the highway at 70 where the hybrid part doesn’t help that much…..so maybe it is correct

lompocdoc

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT Powerboost Max tow Copilot 360
Occupation
engineer

lompocdoc

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT Powerboost Max tow Copilot 360
Occupation
engineer
Wierd. I've had mine about a month. If I keep it under 70, I get over 25! I can easily get the prescribed 24. However, pulling my 30 foot rockwood trailer drops me down to just over 10.
I do have a camper shell but I doubt that it makes much differenc.

Winson911

First Name
Wenxian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport 2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost
That sounds about right. I got my power boost in Oct put 1000 miles on it 80% local 20% highway very conservative driving I only got 22.1 mpg not the advertised 24. I’m fine with it tho I understand going in this hybrid is not designed for gas saving but for instant torque and gas engine assist.

Sponsored

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
I only average about 18 MPG in my stock Platinum 4X4 Powerboost. Most of my driving is in the city with 25% of my miles on electric.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Writing in from Canada. Added a tonneau to help wind resistance. Otherwise stock. I like the look. As posted above I have gotten the advertised Cdn sticker mileage of 29mpg (at times). Mostly it's low to mid 20s. Now winter started I've bought new Replika aluminum wheels of factory equivelant size and added Blizzak winter tires. Although all stock sizing and offsets my mileage has suffered with the softer rubber and I suspect slightly higher rolling resistance that results. Still sitting about 20 or better which I'm not going to complain about.

PWRGEN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Hybrid 4wd Max Tow
Occupation
Real Estate
How many miles are you getting in electric mode? I'm averaging 12.5% of my miles in electric a total of 895 miles electric total so far out of 7,150 total miles. Could be your average on the gauge cluster is overall average with hard acceleration lowering it and not in ECO mode. Comes down to driving style really. Your not going to get 24 mpg if your driving an average of 70 mph anyways and make sure your setting your drive mode to ECO. Then do an average calculation on a long highway drive to another city. I measured 23.5 mpg from Cincinnati to Atlanta and did the math with a calculator, miles driven between fill ups and number of gallons of gasoline to refill. I was going an average of 70mph maybe less who really knows in ECO mode. I'm happy with the miles per gallon and I have original equipment tires etc and a Tonneau cover over my bed that can help too.

Sadram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, BMW 135 I cab, Ford fiesta
I have one too, took delivery on July 27,2021. Current mileage is 3200 kilometres. Fuel mileage is about 11 litres per 100 km average which translates to 21.4 mpg us. That includes morning warmups of about ten minutes now as I am from Alberta Canada.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Writing in from Canada. Added a tonneau to help wind resistance. Otherwise stock. I like the look. As posted above I have gotten the advertised Cdn sticker mileage of 29mpg (at times). Mostly it's low to mid 20s. Now winter started I've bought new Replika aluminum wheels of factory equivelant size and added Blizzak winter tires. Although all stock sizing and offsets my mileage has suffered with the softer rubber and I suspect slightly higher rolling resistance that results. Still sitting about 20 or better which I'm not going to complain about.
I‘ll add my PB mileage here. It’s a KR with 6.5 bed and weighs 6030 from the factory, absent the added weight of the tonneau cover, spray in bed liner and a few other gains of around 100 pounds. Stock truck really but with tow mirrors. And most miles are highway. Last trip was 20.6 with little wind and average speed around 73 mph over 173 miles. Canada as well and a bit on the cool side now, but have had the truck since August.

I can’t really say I’m impressed with the miles per gallon, but the power is nice to have. Rarely let the turbos kick in on the highway, downshift the avoid that.

Ford F-150 Terrible MPG in my 2021 F150 Powerboost 0A31DDA2-A077-4E07-A57F-028A9C381FF5

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I Have a Lariat PB with no MODS
I travel 130 miles round trip for work. Mostly 70 MPH with a little city bumper to bumper. Truck was delivered early July, 11,000 current miles. 26.6 MPG lifetime average.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
> Be me
> not mod my truck
my truck gives me the rated EPA in daily driving and highway

magical isnt it?

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I don't get the EPA City mpg. But I'm usually doing under 4 miles and the engine is therefore cold for much of the drive. It may be a little better with Premium so I'm feeding it with that.

On the highway? Under good conditions I can exceed the 24mpg just fine.

Not a chance I'm going to substantially modify my POS-looking F-150. I want decent mpg, I want good towing, I don't like the poser look with the lift and the big tires when I won't do much off-road. I also don't need the expense to make it so that my F-150 doesn't look like a POS. I guess I actually like the POS look better than the alternative. And I really don't like the poser look that so many lifted trucks with big tires exhibit.

Also, my wife is short. She'd hate it if I put a lift on the thing - tougher for her to get in and out.
..........If you replaced the wife with a taller version that could easily get into a lifted non POS truck, imagine how much cost that could ring up. Let's see, half of your wealth, extra gas from lifted truck................. might have to get a couple extra jobs to recover.....lol.....also who knows what the next mother in law is like? :oops:

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Now I’m thinking twice about the diamondback HD. Only a hundred pounds I think.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Show me a truck that isn’t mod’d and I’ll show you a hideous POS. That’s why these forums suck. Your response provided zero help and is annoying as hell.
I got one of those 6 inch radio antennas for my 2021 LTD Hybrid. Can I be in the cool kid mod club??
Sponsored