First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
Now at 1,000 miles on my new 2021 Platinum. The propower onboard never worked and the air cooled seat on the drivers side is now whistling when the AC is on. Called Ted Russell Ford this morning and they said they can take a look at it in 3 weeks... The dealer also stated that they did not have any loaners cars and I would need to rent a car. They said that they needed to approve the rental car charges after they review the problems with my truck. They also said they will not have loaners for the month of September. I guess Fords service is similiar to their dysfunctional sales order process. Its amazing they can build cars and trucks with this level of disorder. I'm not used to purchasing a new truck for $70,000 and then being told to get in line for a repair and that I would need to pay for a rental car.
Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Just the opposite for me. When I dropped off my pickup for warranty work, my dealership had a 2021 F150 loaner waiting for me. That was June 21! Parts are on back order so I am still in the loaner, 63-64 days later. The dealership has been great. Can’t fault Ford for messed up supply lines. I am pretty sure, service varies dealer by dealer —- I got a great one.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Now at 1,000 miles on my new 2021 Platinum. The propower onboard never worked and the air cooled seat on the drivers side is now whistling when the AC is on. Called Ted Russell Ford this morning and they said they can take a look at it in 3 weeks... The dealer also stated that they did not have any loaners cars and I would need to rent a car. They said that they needed to approve the rental car charges after they review the problems with my truck. They also said they will not have loaners for the month of September. I guess Fords service is similiar to their dysfunctional sales order process. Its amazing they can build cars and trucks with this level of disorder. I'm not used to purchasing a new truck for $70,000 and then being told to get in line for a repair and that I would need to pay for a rental car.
It's not normal times, just the way it is for now. You can try another dealership.

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
It's not normal times, just the way it is for now. You can try another dealership.
I understand its not normal, but I would expect ford to at the very minimum offer up help to arrange a rental car and pay for it. With the current approach I am the one scheduling and organizing the rental car, I am the one paying, and I am the one waiting. I run a small business and have little time to accommodate FORD. FORD has the resources to fix this and should step up to the plate.

FtS

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Loaner cars have been an issue across all brands. Because of low inventory of cars, especially used ones, dealers have been selling their loaners. My Subaru dealer told me they had 60 loaners previously, now they rotate 7!

Sponsored

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
I should not have to file a complaint with Ford and call the general manager at the dealership to workout a fix for a brand new truck. FORD should be of more assistance with arranging a rental car or loaner for a brand NEW truck. What would happen if my truck was used for my business? Would they expect me to stop running my business because the off loaded all their loaners? I hate being bullied by big brands.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I understand its not normal, but I would expect ford to at the very minimum offer up help to arrange a rental car and pay for it. With the current approach I am the one scheduling and organizing the rental car, I am the one paying, and I am the one waiting. I run a small business and have little time to accommodate FORD. FORD has the resources to fix this and should step up to the plate.
The dealerships are franchises, so Ford's not running the dealership. Call around to the other dealerships in your area or neighboring cities and see if there's anything they can do. Even car rentals are pretty scarce right now. I waited 4 months at the end of last year to get an ECU installed in a Chevrolet that was 9 years old. Luckily I have more than one car.

Ford F-150 Terrible Ford Service 1629908701166

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I've had basically the same experience as you and I've tried two different dealerships in my area. Neither of them have loaner cars and even if they offer to pay for a rental, it comes from Enterprise and I have to somehow get to the rental place to pick it, drop it off, and then get back to the dealership. Thankfully, I have a third car.

I've also found that the dealerships tend to give up on issues very easily. For instance, my back window was rattling very badly when open and they first adjusted it which made it worse and then the second time I was in told me that it was a design flaw that they couldn't do anything about. I fixed the issue myself after that with $1 of felt tape.

Bottom line is that if you want really good service and expect to get loaner cars etc, don't buy a common brand. From what I've seen, they treat you the same way if you buy a $80k car than if you bought a $15k one. I've experienced outstanding service through Infiniti, BMW, and Volvo but those are premium brands and you pay a premium price. From a service perspective, you are much better off buying the cheapest car that a premium brand makes than buying the top of line from a lower brand.

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
I beginning to agree with you. On my previous Acura the service was good. I just can't wrap my head around why they would expect customers to jump thru hoops when the problem is with a brand new truck just off the lot. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is my first Ford and I am now in agreement with others, FORD SUCKS!

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
I would go to a different Ford Dealer. My 2021 F150 Lariat was at the Dealer for two weeks waiting for a new-upgraded shifter assembly (console). the original was stuck in drive.
The first week in, they Provided my with a 2021 Bronco Sasquatch Soft Top, The Second week, I had a Ford Ranger Tremor.

Sponsored

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
I would go to a different Ford Dealer. My 2021 F150 Lariat was at the Dealer for two weeks waiting for a new-upgraded shifter assembly (console). the original was stuck in drive.
The first week in, they Provided my with a 2021 Bronco Sasquatch Soft Top, The Second week, I had a Ford Ranger Tremor.
Ok I agree, will try a new dealer. Thanks for the advice!

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
All of those telling you to try a different dealership, well I am heading to my 4th dealership. The issue is bad dealerships are far more common than a good dealership.

Dealer #1 A bunch of incompetent morons who wouldn't lift a finger to try and figure out the issue because "the computer" said its fine. Sorry my phone shows 50 pre-collision assist errors, its going off right now now yeah when we looked at it, it did show anything in the computer can't help. Other issues they drove the truck for 5 miles after I told them it needed to be at operating temp for the issue to occur. They drove it 5 miles and said the computer said its fine. Also no loaner

Dealer #2 A little better they at least called Ford and were able to follow simple instruction like leave the truck in the sun and the error will come on. They replaced a control board and i guess a positive you no longer have to leave the truck in the sun because the error never turns off and I neve have adaptive cruise, regular cruise, lane centering or a bunch of safety features. This was 4 months ago, I am still waiting on a part. They have 1000s of trucks sitting in lots yet owners of $70K trucks have to wait months for theirs to be fixed. Out of the 3 trips only once did I get a loaner.

Dealer #3 Told I would have a loaner, took an hour off work to drop the truck off, get to the dealership and told sorry no loaner. Walked out.

Dealer #4 I will be going to next week. Hopefully with some background from other posters on here they will lift a finger and look into the issue and also be able to follow simple instructions like drive the truck around for awhile. Also told a Loaner will be available.

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
That pretty much sums it up! I'm expecting zero response from other dealers. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the service is lax like the sales. Thanks for the sarcasm!

After filing an "official complaint" with Ford and calling the GM at Ted Russell my "assessment" date suddenly changed from 18 to 2 days and they are arranging a rental.

If the rental turns into a joke, I will probably tell them to stop and live without the propower until all the issues with supply chain etc. settle down.

Similar to the rusty axles many received, post build issues are compromising customer satisfaction. Key word- customer satisfaction, aka get your head out of your ass FORD.

For the record, I work in the coffee industry, but began my experience in automotive. I worked in quality on GM production lines. I'm assuming at this point my truck check for propower on board was not on the sampling plan. They can't inspect every truck... Defects happen.

I wish FORD would show some respect for their customers once they are out the door. The sales are all happy and happy. The service are burned out done with customer service.

So FORD sucks for now. Hope it gets better.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
That pretty much sums it up! I'm expecting zero response from other dealers. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the service is lax like the sales. Thanks for the sarcasm!

After filing an "official complaint" with Ford and calling the GM at Ted Russell my "assessment" date suddenly changed from 18 to 2 days and they are arranging a rental.

If the rental turns into a joke, I will probably tell them to stop and live without the propower until all the issues with supply chain etc. settle down.

Similar to the rusty axles many received, post build issues are compromising customer satisfaction. Key word- customer satisfaction, aka get your head out of your ass FORD.

For the record, I work in the coffee industry, but began my experience in automotive. I worked in quality on GM production lines. I'm assuming at this point my truck check for propower on board was not on the sampling plan. They can't inspect every truck... Defects happen.

I wish FORD would show some respect for their customers once they are out the door. The sales are all happy and happy. The service are burned out done with customer service.

So FORD sucks for now. Hope it gets better.
I think the tech they have are just incompetent. In my case all they do is hook it up to a computer and that's it. I mean my Ford pass had over 50 errors and their response was sorry computer says its fine. They have no knowledge or experience on how to troubleshoot or think for themselves anymore. Mindless lazy robots.