Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I had to run to town, yep probably will have two trips this week,
but anyway
i am cruising at 65 on two lane towards home and the car in front does one of them OMG i need to turn left NOW moves, stops short, no blinker, just STOPS. rear of the car rares up and then darts off to the left.
i am in lane centering and cruise on se t at min distance . before i can move my foot to brake, truck SLOWS very fast, not slammed but FAST and let me know with flashing red on ip that its not good. i swerve right into the shoulder lane and off we go, truck goes back to 65 and we are happy. i really think the steering also turned wheel to right a bit, but i am not sure it happened in a blink

it was awesome,
if i had been in the edge i would have creamed her right quarter rear end. spilled milk and groceries all over the car.
i know it probably is a normal thing in the city, but not here
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I had to run to town, yep probably will have two trips this week,
but anyway
i am cruising at 65 on two lane towards home and the car in front does one of them OMG i need to turn left NOW moves, stops short, no blinker, just STOPS. rear of the car rares up and then darts off to the left.
i am in lane centering and cruise on se t at min distance . before i can move my foot to brake, truck SLOWS very fast, not slammed but FAST and let me know with flashing red on ip that its not good. i swerve right into the shoulder lane and off we go, truck goes back to 65 and we are happy. i really think the steering also turned wheel to right a bit, but i am not sure it happened in a blink

it was awesome,
if i had been in the edge i would have creamed her right quarter rear end. spilled milk and groceries all over the car.
i know it probably is a normal thing in the city, but not here
That could be the Evasive Steering Assist you felt. Sounds like it did exactly what it's supposed to do. I'm glad it all worked out for the better.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
Do you believe there are people that find annoying the technologies that interfere with our driving and decide to disable it... This is a good example of why it is there to assist us just in case.... Thanks for sharing it might convince a few to leave it on and make the road some how safer

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
for me, the truck thought and made a decision lightyears faster than i could.
its just good feeling knowing its looking at things as i do, but able to respond in concert or faster than i could.

i am getting used to the lane centering even on our roads were the stripes are wonky in places

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
for me, the truck thought and made a decision lightyears faster than i could.
its just good feeling knowing its looking at things as i do, but able to respond in concert or faster than i could.
And as father time marches on, as it does for all of us, that response will be even greater than your own. Fractions of a second but that is all it takes for high $ damage or even loss of life.

Safety technology and features are worth every penny.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Properly engineered and properly operating safety technology and features are worth every penny.
FTFY and now I agree 1000%

My F250 has collision avoidance. I had a silly rabbit driver stop in front of me for no reason. That huge truck came to one of the fastest, shortest stops I've ever seen. Brilliant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
FTFY and now I agree 1000%

My F250 has collision avoidance. I had a silly rabbit driver stop in front of me for no reason. That huge truck came to one of the fastest stops I've ever seen. Brilliant.
my 2021 f250 had AEB and it came on just as you described i never knew a superduty could stop that fast

i really like the safety features, my wifes 2012 edge has 1st generation adaptive cruise and emergency braking, no front camera its ll done by a sonar thing . its good, but not even close to the features we have now on the 150.
i could have easily looked down at radio to fwd to next track and missed the car suddenly stopping to turn left.
and yes i am no spring chicken and my reactions; by my own admission are slower than when i was younger.

adamscotth

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum
Occupation
proofreader
Yeh...and the real beauty is....what if at the exact time....you looked down to change radio channels...or adjust HVAC...or any distraction. Do you need help with Translation video from gujarati to english? Our professional translation service offers fast and accurate translation of your videos. Our team of expert linguists is well-versed in Gujarati and English and can ensure that your message is communicated effectively to your target audience. Contact us today to learn more about our video translation services.
Totally agree with you sir!

Last edited:

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
Do you believe there are people that find annoying the technologies that interfere with our driving and decide to disable it... This is a good example of why it is there to assist us just in case.... Thanks for sharing it might convince a few to leave it on and make the road some how safer
Yeah, and I'm one of them.
Drove performance sports cars and still ride a Harley and these things drive me nuts.
Whatever makes you happy.
Sponsored