Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I got in truck at the john deere place
pandora was already running and playing via bluetooth off phone vice the ap on the screen, when i got out of truck i carried phone with me and it was playing van morrison reminds me of you, when i shut off truck and exited
when i came back out and started truck, the sync picked up right where van left off in the song, but i was not wanting to hear it so i selected my dire straits station on my phone pandora app. sync screen changed to dire straits and choose police synchronicity and began to play said song, but phone was stuck with van and continued to play that song through the trucks speakers along with the police now.. yes both songs at same time but sync showed one song and phone pandora app showed another..this remained until i got to destination #2 and shut off truck. I then logged out of pandora while in destination #2
when i got back in truck i left pandora off and went to walmart o_O
parked in garden area
got back in truck and pandora was logged in and pandora showed up as an ap and i let it play...it played normal dire straits radio with the WHO ...
why or how did sync play 2 songs at same time over each other?
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
It's happened to me a few times. Not sure what glitch in the matrix causes it. I had music on a USB drive in my truck playing at the same time that Qobuz was playing a different song. I just yanked the USB out and called it a day.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
It's happened to me a few times. Not sure what glitch in the matrix causes it. I had music on a USB drive in my truck playing at the same time that Qobuz was playing a different song. I just yanked the USB out and called it a day.
OMG MATRIX and HALL 9000...yep they are playing with us.

it was so weird to hear two completely different songs at once.
my 1st thought was the truck must have just did an update.
i am happy its not just me
thanks

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Phone and sync out of sync is my guess but the app would be glitching out to play two stations at once. I'm just impressed you tolerated that to your next stop. :)

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Phone and sync out of sync is my guess but the app would be glitching out to play two stations at once. I'm just impressed you tolerated that to your next stop. :)
i was ...dare i say driving while troubleshooting.
i tried to change channels with phone to pandora , turned off radio, etc
pandora is weird anyway, some days it shows up in app page in sync, then next stop its gone and i have to stream it via the bluetooth connection and app on phone

when app is on the screen, its nice as you cahnge stations really easy and never touch the phone.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
i was ...dare i say driving while troubleshooting.
i tried to change channels with phone to pandora , turned off radio, etc
pandora is weird anyway, some days it shows up in app page in sync, then next stop its gone and i have to stream it via the bluetooth connection and app on phone

when app is on the screen, its nice as you cahnge stations really easy and never touch the phone.
Out of curiosity are you referring to using Pandora via Android Auto or something separate?

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Out of curiosity are you referring to using Pandora via Android Auto or something separate?
pandora straight from phone to truck VIA bluetooth, i dont use android auto or the apple thing
i have tried using Android auto with pandora and it IMO seems to try to take over everything, map, nav, and i dont like that

sync will show pandora in the apps page about once in every 50 start ups
its strange. then times it stays there for days, only to vanish again for weeks

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
pandora straight from phone to truck VIA bluetooth, i dont use android auto or the apple thing
i have tried using Android auto with pandora and it IMO seems to try to take over everything, map, nav, and i dont like that

Sounds like something I want to have. I had an aftermarket radio in past with Pandora support it was nice. I am not fond of AA so if I can get a Pandora app on sync I'm all for that. Now I'll need to experiment with it. :)

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Sounds like something I want to have. I had an aftermarket radio in past with Pandora support it was nice. I am not fond of AA so if I can get a Pandora app on sync I'm all for that. Now I'll need to experiment with it. :)
it works really well, bluetooth connecting to sync and using phone as SOURCE, vice pandora app in sync
pandora is owned by xm/sirius radio so you would think????? sync would see it as an app all the time since xm/sitius is installed

when i search for APPS on sync from my phone, it never sees pandora. but then BOOM its listed as a source in the audio source menu.
pandora is IMO the bes if you dont have a usb stick loaded up. i build stations for ME and it runs the gauntlet of 60s to now almost every genre except rap, rb and death metal..anything else is free game

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have an app on my phone for a specific local radio station.
The app has no exit or close capability. Drives me nuts. The only way to stop it is to press the pause button in the app, or reboot the phone.

As a result, I can get in the truck and as soon as I crank up the truck the invisible or closed radio app will start playing regardless of the fact I haven't been listening to it previously. Something about connecting to Sync unpauses the app.
At that point I can even launch Spotify and BOTH music sources play simultaneously! 🙄

The only way to stop the radio app is to launch it and then pause it again.

Whats strange is that the phone can ONLY play both apps simultaneously when hooked to Sync. It can't do it on the phone alone. Starting Spotify on the phone alone will override the radio app stream in that case.

No matter what, I don't blame Sync for this crazy scenario. It's the strange behavior of the radio app that I believe is the culprit.

(Radio app is KJIC if someone is curious)

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Ah so can't get a Pandora app on screen without Android Auto. I'll live with the Bluetooth only option then.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I have an app on my phone for a specific local radio station.
The app has no exit or close capability. Drives me nuts. The only way to stop it is to press the pause button in the app, or reboot the phone.

As a result, I can get in the truck and as soon as I crank up the truck the invisible or closed radio app will start playing regardless of the fact I haven't been listening to it previously. Something about connecting to Sync unpauses the app.
At that point I can even launch Spotify and BOTH music sources play simultaneously! 🙄

The only way to stop the radio app is to launch it and then pause it again.

Whats strange is that the phone can ONLY play both apps simultaneously when hooked to Sync. It can't do it on the phone alone. Starting Spotify on the phone alone will override the radio app stream in that case.

No matter what, I don't blame Sync for this crazy scenario. It's the strange behavior of the radio app that I believe is the culprit.

(Radio app is KJIC if someone is curious)
i am so happy its not just me..
there seems to be lots of stray 1s and 0s caught up in the systems on the phone and or sync
i could not figure out the weird sounds until i looked at the screens and then the music made sense like in a weird drunken hammered hungover state... where you can hear colors..
both songs had equal sound levels .

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I iz cornfusd. someone please untangle me?
I use Carplay which seems to work quite well. I have SiriusXM as an audio source, or I can select the SiriusXM app on my phone via Carplay. All good so far.
What I ďon't understand is this concept of running an app via bluetooth, but seemingly without Carplay (or AA for those so inclined).
Does this have something to do with the APP button on the Sync screen?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Sync is ugly as sin. The map looks like tech from 15 years ago. I'm an Android guy, but both AA and CarPlay are infinitely nicer and the better functioning than Sync. I don't think the Sync interface is bad.....it works well enough. But it is not pretty. The digital IPC also leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe I am ruined because of the vehicles I deal with on a daily basis, but IMO, it looks very antiquated.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Sync is ugly as sin. The map looks like tech from 15 years ago. I'm an Android guy, but both AA and CarPlay are infinitely nicer and the better functioning than Sync. I don't think the Sync interface is bad.....it works well enough. But it is not pretty. The digital IPC also leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe I am ruined because of the vehicles I deal with on a daily basis, but IMO, it looks very antiquated.
Yeah the digital dash is a lot of laziness going on for sure. Ford GPS seems just fine to me. It doesn't murder my battery.
Sponsored