Sponsored

Talons Garage New Powerboost Skid Plate

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Powerboost Lariat 4x4
Typically, we do not do any discounts or promo codes because we keep are margins pretty small. Something I have noticed, is most competitors who advertise sales, are still more expensive then we are, and their product takes a lot less material to cut make :p.

That being said, I just brought this up to my wife and we both think its a good idea. I am going to do some number crunching and see what I can set up.
Don't do one.

You have a premium product with limited supply and currently it sells for a competitive price that keeps your inventory low.
There's really nothing else like it that works for us.

Stick to what you believe the value is and let the market respond. Which it has.
Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
When I was starting my business I was determined to have the lowest price to ensure success.

My step dad - who was a very successful salesman - framed a printout and hung in my office. It read:

"Sell below cost and make it up on volume."

When I told him that would never work his reply was:

"And don't ever forget this."

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
Does anyone have one of these plates and regularly use ford service or quick lane for oil changes? Do they bust your balls or charge more due to plate interference?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There is no interference. There's an access door.
My truck came with the diaper from the factory and it would be required to be removed and reinstalled completely anyway.

Besides, if anyone doesn't want to change my oil, I hope they DO speak up! That's something I need to know.

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
I just got around installing all plates and overall it went smoothly. I also weighed everything.
OEM engine plate is 12.42lbs
OEM transfer case plate is 8.24lbs
Talon engine plate is 25.82lbs
Talon catalytic converter plate is 35.32lbs
Talon transfer case plate is 13.30lbs
Total OEM weight = 20.66lbs
Total Talon weight = 74.44lbs
Added weight to truck = 53.78lbs
Ford F-150 Talons Garage New Powerboost Skid Plate IMG_6902

Ford F-150 Talons Garage New Powerboost Skid Plate IMG_6903

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The other huge but situational benefit is that you actually gain extra space beneath the transmission pan: the plate sits lower than the horizontal plane made by the frame members. That's exactly where the driver's side exhaust pipe runs, which means that if you are inclined to install a custom exhaust, you now have the space for a round pipe with more clearance without the pipe just dangling in the breeze for rocks and things to rip open. Most folks won't utilize that, but for folks who want a custom exhaust it is unexpectedly game changing.

durangobongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Ford F-150 Talons Garage New Powerboost Skid Plate IMG_3745
Hi everyone, thanks for all the great info on what seems to be a great product. I have a 2021 PowerBoost and had the ‘diaper’ fall apart. I would like to protect the oil pan and everything covered up by the diaper. I assume what I’d need from Talon is the engine skid plate. But when I look at that item on their website it looks like the two pieces that come with it are in front of the one that covers the engine (and has the door for oil changes). Do I need a different item than the engine skid plate or is the picture wrong or am I confused? Thanks!

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
The pieces in your picture are the engine covers. the transmission cover that sits after these two is the one that covers the transmission, offers protection against catalytic converter theft and has the little cutout to gain access to the engine oil drain plug.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I still have to put mine on. :(
Sponsored