Sponsored

Talk to me about Extended Warranties

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you have access to an address outside of CA or FL you might be able to use that to make the purchase from Granger, for close to half that price. Someone here recently posted that this worked. I do not know what is involved but it is worth looking into if you have a nice relative in another state. Maybe save a couple of grand. Good luck.
As far as I’m aware the address would need to be where the truck is actually registered to otherwise it won’t work. I’ve got a sibling who lives in Michigan but she’s have to register it as being there and that just isn’t possible.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
As far as I’m aware the address would need to be where the truck is actually registered to otherwise it won’t work. I’ve got a sibling who lives in Michigan but she’s have to register it as being there and that just isn’t possible.
That would be something worth checking out. I know the ESP is matched up the owner and VIN but I am not sure the address or registration matters. I could be wrong but I have heard others say they used "other" addresses and got the ESP. One recently posted (CA) that they spoke with Granger and they pulled it off. Flood would probably be the same. The details I do not know, but worth a call if you cannot get a local guy to match your online deal.

Codycat91

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
ER Nurse
3rd party warranties are usually all junk. I learned the hard way. Does dealer even tried selling me one when I bought my 2021 but you must READ THE FINE PRINT. The dealer finance guy even told me false info that I had to read the fine print myself to show him he was wrong. They almost always say something along the lines of “parts will be replaced with new, remanufactured, or “like-condition” parts, which means if your truck has 100k miles on it and the transmission blows, they can choose to replace it with a trans from a junkyard truck with 100k miles on it as well. This exact situation happened to me and I ended up paying the difference out of pocket for a reman trans on my 2014 because I refused to put a 100k mile junkyard trans in my truck. Never again will I get a 3rd party warranty

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
... They almost always say something along the lines of “parts will be replaced with new, remanufactured, or “like-condition” parts ....
Just FYI, here's the pertinent clause from a genuine Ford PremiumCare contract:

8B. REPAIRS ARE MADE WITH AUTHORIZED NEW OR
REMANUFACTURED PARTS: All repairs will be made with Ford
authorized new or remanufactured parts or other products We
authorize, including parts not produced by the manufacturer of Your
Vehicle. If parts are unavailable, We may offer You a cash settlement
equivalent to the cost of parts or repair.

If you expect Ford (or any plan provider) to guarantee all repairs will always be made with brand new OE parts, IMO that's an unrealistic expectation. These contracts can have very long durations and the fact is that brand new OE parts may not be available at any price in the distant future, so the contract needs to recognize that real-world possibility.

Yes, one should always read the entire text promptly upon receipt of any contract they procure. There's a window of opportunity for that and you can cancel the contract for a full no-penalty refund within that time-limited window. If ya don't like the terms, cancel the contract.

Just FYI attached is a copy of my Ford PremiumCare contract (personal info redacted). I'm posting this only as an example, note the date of this contract, your contract terms may be revised / different. You must read your own contract within the 'no-penalty refund period' to satisfy yourself that the terms are acceptable to you.

Attachments

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
IMHO this is the way you should look at it. Also consider that with a discount Ford ESP like Granger or others, that it is about half the cost your local dealer will quote you without you having to haggle. I paid about $2300 for a 10 year 100k mile transferable Premium ESP from Granger on an MSRP $73k rolling 4WD computer system.

If during the course of these 10 years I need to use this ESP it may pay for itself with one instance. If however I get to the end point of the 10 year ESP and I wasted my money it will mean that I drove this technology wonder for 10 years and was basically problem free. Either scenario will be a win and I will curse that I bought it and did not need, I will rejoice that I never had the need to use it.

It's like life insurance. Your family is glad you have it if you croak, but you are glad if you never use it. :)
100% agree.
It is insurance. If you are only keeping the truck for a couple years, don't get it, but if you're like @Kodiak and I, and plan on keeping it longer, it's a no-brainer.
I tweaked mine a little diff than Kodiak on my '15. I went 125k miles and 8yrs. Sounds like I drive more than he. But I paid about the same, maybe a little less.
My '22 I haven't bought anything yet, cuz I'm at 11k miles and it has a Ford Certified Warranty so I'm not anywhere close factory warranty ending.
Call Lombard, call Granger, pay cash and don't ever buy from dealer and lump it into your loan, that's really where you get hosed.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... don't ever buy from dealer and lump it into your loan, that's really where you get hosed.
But there are exceptions .... e.g. my vehicle dealer was Granger and the ESP cost was rolled-into a 0% APR vehicle loan from Ford (win-win-win)! :cool:

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
But there are exceptions .... e.g. my vehicle dealer was Granger and the ESP cost was rolled-into a 0% APR vehicle loan from Ford (win-win-win)! :cool:
Haha!
Rock!!!

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Live in CA. Just took a Granger delivery. Did a successful online purchase of 8yr/100k Ford Premium Care ESP.

As others mentioned, use a non CA address (or non FL address if in Florida) with the online process. Ford seems to utilize Vin# and your primary email as your association to the generated plan ID number you’ll get once the purchase is completed. Address seems irrelevant except for possibly future mailings and marketing activities from Ford.

gregs150xlt

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 XLT
All the online retailers seem to be pretty close in price, at least within $100 of each other.

I just purchased the Premium Care ESP from Zeigler. I used the promo code "PAYINFULL", and it took $250 off the internet price. All of it was done online, and I had the contract shortly after I paid for it.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary
Sponsored