Sponsored

Take my money please! (Poor Ford Dealership Follow-up)

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I’m in the market for a 2021 Ford F-150 fully loaded King Ranch. MSRP on this vehicle is ~$75K, not a small purchase. I’ve gone through Ford’s config tool and requested internet pricing, where they promised someone will contact me within 24 hours. Crickets. I called another dealership and asked to speak with a salesperson, who I gave all the requirements I wanted on the new truck. She told me she’d get back to me immediately...it’s been 4 days and there’s been no contact (she has my email and cell #). Reached out to another dealership and a salesperson finally texted me - I texted him back asking if he had time to discuss my desired vehicle and he said he wouldn’t be able to talk until the next day. Just texted him about availability to discuss - no response.

What the hell is going on with Ford? I can’t believe they’re so busy they can’t follow-up with me - most of these dealers show 2021 KR inventory sitting on their lots. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I live in the DFW TX area, probably one of the highest F-150 volume sales area in the country.
Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I had a similar experience with a couple of local dealers around here. Called/emailed multiple times with no response. Ended up having to choose a dealer further away who would actually respond. Mine is a fully loaded Lariat with an MSRP above $70 as well.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I could not tell you one way or another, but I would be shocked if any of the dealers that are blowing you off come back with anything less than MSRP. That was my experience with every dealer who wanted full rate. They didn't want to talk to you unless you agreed to their terms upfront.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I think it might have to do more with lack of inventory. Every time we searched for vehicles there was none to be had, and I live in Michigan.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
I’m in the market for a 2021 Ford F-150 fully loaded King Ranch. MSRP on this vehicle is ~$75K, not a small purchase. I’ve gone through Ford’s config tool and requested internet pricing, where they promised someone will contact me within 24 hours. Crickets. I called another dealership and asked to speak with a salesperson, who I gave all the requirements I wanted on the new truck. She told me she’d get back to me immediately...it’s been 4 days and there’s been no contact (she has my email and cell #). Reached out to another dealership and a salesperson finally texted me - I texted him back asking if he had time to discuss my desired vehicle and he said he wouldn’t be able to talk until the next day. Just texted him about availability to discuss - no response.

What the hell is going on with Ford? I can’t believe they’re so busy they can’t follow-up with me - most of these dealers show 2021 KR inventory sitting on their lots. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I live in the DFW TX area, probably one of the highest F-150 volume sales area in the country.
No excuses but I will tell you that most dealers are processing tons of Bronco orders right now so they are super busy right now. But they should still be calling you back and letting you know that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No excuses but I will tell you that most dealers are processing tons of Bronco orders right now so they are super busy right now. But they should still be calling you back and letting you know that.
Funny thing is that I have a First Edition Bronco reservation through a local Ford dealer right now. I’m not releasing it until I get final pricing on a new KR and make my decision. Local dealers with KR inventory here in DFW are discounting $4-6K off of MSRP on their website, before you even speak with them.

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
If it can make any of you feel better, dealership experience has been just as bad, up here in Canada. Entire experience made me feel as if no one wanted my (large chunk of) money, even if I wanted to shove it down their throat. Never, ever, had such bad service since I started buying cars over 30 yrs ago.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would understand the poor response if I lived in an area that didn’t have much inventory. But there are probably 100+ KRs either in lots or on order throughout DFW - I’d think they’d want to clear that inventory ASAP, but who knows?

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Okay, so “text guy” referenced above texted me back and said he can talk at 2:30pm today (must be really busy on the lot! <insert sarcasm here>).

I’m guessing most of these dealership have significantly cut back staff due to COVID.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Back in August, I visited 3-4 dealers
Told them exactly what I wanted.
Most of them said we don’t have it and we are not ordering now.
While I was internet surfing for inventory a chat box appeared from the dealer I bought my Ranger from 15 yrs earlier.
Told the girl online what I was after and I was not making concessions.
Later that day I got a call from their fleet sales.
He told me if he could not find it, he would order it.
So, I went down and ordered a 2020 exactly as I wanted, gave a deposit and left.
He called me before I got home to say 2020 orders had ceased and they were only accepting 2021.
He ordered the same truck as a 2021 and it actually came out to less than the 2020.

Need to find a dealer that actually wants your business and will listen to your needs.

I walked away from a Chevrolet dealer in ‘96
When I called about a specific configuration on a Silverado.
He told me he had a couple on the lot.
(Was very adamant about Silverado with v8 manual trans)
Got there and all he had was v6 manual trans in the Cheyenne trim.
Never bothered looking again until 2005 when shopping for a Ranger XLT
Adamant about v6 5spd ext cab XLT
NS Ford called me and said I have it on my lot, but it is red and it is the last one available in 5 states.
The dealer I got my Ranger from is the same dealer I bought the F150 from

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I’ve been to 3 dealers in the last 2 months and I went late morning, early afternoon and all the sales people were sitting on their hands with nothing to do. They didn’t seem to interested.

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
The dealers I have been talking to in Austin have been very helpful and proactive about reaching out. Good experiences so far.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
You are not alone and it's not just in Texas. Several of us in Florida have experienced the exact same issue. They can't be bothered to get back to you or if they do, the price is ridiculous. Just keep trying different ones until you find the one that wants your business. There are a lot of people on this forum from Texas. I am sure they can give you some recommendations. You may have to drive a bit and there is always Albert at Granger Ford in Iowa. Good Luck!

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I ended up ordering from a small(er) town dealer, who was eager to work with me. Tons of follow up and check in to see when we could sit down. Up front on their pricing and dedicated to making sure that I got the best incentives (current or future) on the truck.

Granger was fantastic, btw. Local dealer, without seeing Granger's numbers, quoted me competitively and I ordered through them. 40 min vs 6.5 hours drive to pick up my truck. If they hadn't got back to me and been eager to work with me, I would have been another happy Granger customer.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Dan, yep, know where you are coming from in Fayetteville , NC- dealerships like Crown & Lafayette Ford will never be on my christmas card list. I've had issues with them both.
Sponsored