Sponsored

Taillights Come on when loading a trailer??

Rubystang

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2019 Lexus ES350, 2007 Navigator
Occupation
Retired
I needed to take my John Deere Zero Turn mower in for its annual service. I have a dual axle trailer like the lawn companies use. I hooked the trailer to the truck and then dropped the rear trailer gate/ramp and drove the mower onto the trailer. As I drove closer to the front of the trailer I noticed the truck taillights come on. When I backed the mower up, they went off. I don’t have the auto scale package on the truck. It did this every time I loaded the mower. Does anyone have any idea what the taillights coming on is trying to tell me. I couldn’t find anything in the manual. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Truck off and key fob in your pocket? Proximity key fob detects you're near the truck and turns on the DRLs and taillights.

OP
OP
Rubystang

Rubystang

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2019 Lexus ES350, 2007 Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Yep, that’s exactly what it was gents ! Never crossed my mind. I thought I had some new fangled technology that was warning me about something. Well, that’s one thing to cross off my list of things to figure out on this truck. I pity the people who buy new trucks 20 years from now. If our user manual is as big as it is, imagine what they’ll have to deal with. God help them! Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated and have a great weekend ahead 😉

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Yep, happens when I take the trash to the trash can. It’s awesome at night time, but not sure it’s needed during the day.

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I wish you could geotag when proximity would not work. When I first got the truck it was enabled and I liked the feature, then came a day I had the key in my pocket doing yard work or something so I was passing the truck a lot and the retractable steps would always drop. I ended up just disabling it all together but wish we could set up gps locations on where we don't want it to be enabled.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you have onboard scales, it would do a fancy lightshow as you move the tractor back & forth. :)
Sponsored