First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Has anyone found an aftermarket or link to the original work bench piece for the tailgates? I just got my 21 and it doesn't have that package on it but would like to have that tailgate cover.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bakerd

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Has anyone found an aftermarket or link to the original work bench piece for the tailgates? I just got my 21 and it doesn't have that package on it but would like to have that tailgate cover.
Guess it is still too early to find these on the aftermarket. Haven't seen anything yet.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Are you talking about the work surface? That can't be added. The tailgate inner stamping is different.

OP
OP
bakerd

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Are you talking about the work surface? That can't be added. The tailgate inner stamping is different.
Yea and I didn't think about that...Good point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bakerd

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
I have it but honestly it's not very useful. The clamp pockets are great though.
Mine has the clamps at least! No step and no work surface.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I just wanted to find a 3 foot black ruler to attached to the tailgate, then I'd be happy. It's not as easy to find as I thought it would be.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Mine has the clamps at least! No step and no work surface.
all i wanted was the tailgate step. It's only packaged with the work surface :rolleyes: :cautious:. I'd rather have the tail gate coated with the "Tough Bed" Spray-in liner like the rest of the bed. I do use my truck often to haul wood, rocks and misc. stuff that i'm afraid might crack that plastic.

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
I purposely did not order my truck with that feature for fear of cutting into or just ruining my tailgate. Knowing myself, it is not a matter of if.

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
I ordered my 21 Tremor without it because its not something I find necessary for me... When my 21 didn't get built, I switched to a 22 and they changed it so that if you want the LED lights in the bed, you have to get the bed utility package :cautious:. Sooo.. that being said I now have the plastic tailgate for more money, and the step.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bakerd

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
I ordered my 21 Tremor without it because its not something I find necessary for me... When my 21 didn't get built, I switched to a 22 and they changed it so that if you want the LED lights in the bed, you have to get the bed utility package :cautious:. Sooo.. that being said I now have the plastic tailgate for more money, and the step.
The LED lights in the bed are fantastic. Learned how great they are duck hunting this weekend and out in the middle of a field trying to find stuff!!

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
That was the reason for one of my posts where I felt like I paid $695 for the led bed lights that should have been just a $125 option. I'm too fat and uncoordinated for the step to be of any use and no power in the back of a single cab to use tools.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
all i wanted was the tailgate step. It's only packaged with the work surface :rolleyes: :cautious:. I'd rather have the tail gate coated with the "Tough Bed" Spray-in liner like the rest of the bed. I do use my truck often to haul wood, rocks and misc. stuff that i'm afraid might crack that plastic.
I ended up with the work bench because I bought off the lot last year and it came with power tailgate. The step is hugely useful - this is my first time owning a truck and did not appreciate just how absurdly high the gate is, and I am someone who gets in and out of the back a lot. As someone under 40 though my machismo won't ever let me pull out the poll handle. Maybe once I cross that number in a few years that will change...

Everything else though feels a bit gimmicky. Power tailgate is complete gimmick. Having a ruler has been handy a few times, but I'm not a contractor who is regularly working out of the back. If I were I probably would just have more dedicated tools at the ready.

I did do LineX for the interior and they did not spray under/around the work surface. LineX thought that it would interfere with the power tailgate sensor (one more reason having it powered is dumb). The work surface itself has held up well so far but everything around it is scratched to shit. I think though if it ever broke or got too beat up I'd probably just bring it back to LineX and have them coat the tailgate.

OP
OP
bakerd

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
I ended up with the work bench because I bought off the lot last year and it came with power tailgate. The step is hugely useful - this is my first time owning a truck and did not appreciate just how absurdly high the gate is, and I am someone who gets in and out of the back a lot. As someone under 40 though my machismo won't ever let me pull out the poll handle. Maybe once I cross that number in a few years that will change...

Everything else though feels a bit gimmicky. Power tailgate is complete gimmick. Having a ruler has been handy a few times, but I'm not a contractor who is regularly working out of the back. If I were I probably would just have more dedicated tools at the ready.

I did do LineX for the interior and they did not spray under/around the work surface. LineX thought that it would interfere with the power tailgate sensor (one more reason having it powered is dumb). The work surface itself has held up well so far but everything around it is scratched to shit. I think though if it ever broke or got too beat up I'd probably just bring it back to LineX and have them coat the tailgate.

After hunting all over Arkansas this weekend I wish I had 2 things....the tailgate step and the bigger gas tank!!
Sponsored