First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
More bad news, I don't even have a RGTM. Only comes with power tailgate. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try pulling that pin to ground on the BCM. In theory it should be safe but not sure if it will even work.
Sponsored

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
Ok final testing update.... we have success! This is basically the same procedure as a 13th gen, with a different pin/connector.

I was wired all the up to connector C408 in rear of truck (by the spare tire). The male pin is missing but tested with a back probe (IE paperclip) on the back side of female truck side of the connector. Enabled Door 6 in BCM with Forscan, and got alert. Connected that pin to Ground, and Alert cleared!

I have pins on order to fill the missing male side, and will need to figure out some sort of switch to connect to ground. Not sure if I will use a hall effect or a micro switch.
Ford F-150 Tailgate Warning add 1650661354020

Ford F-150 Tailgate Warning add c408-tailgate_ajar1

Last edited:
OP
OP
WDWFordGuy

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Ok final testing update.... we have success! This is basically the same procedure as a 13th gen.

I was wired all the up to connector C408 in rear of truck (by the spare tire). The male pin is missing but tested with a back probe (IE paperclip) on the back side of female truck side of the connector. Enabled Door 6 in BCM with Forscan, and got alert. Connected that pin to Ground, and Alert cleared!

I have pins on order to fill the missing male side, and will need to figure out some sort of switch to connect to ground. Not sure if I will use a hall effect or a micro switch.
1650661354020.png

c408-tailgate_ajar1.jpg
That is great information. Does the pin normally have 12v on it and the switch pulls it down?

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
I would guess 12v, but I didn't specifically check. Whatever the BCM puts out on that circuit.

OP
OP
WDWFordGuy

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Ok final testing update.... we have success! This is basically the same procedure as a 13th gen, with a different pin/connector.

1650661354020.png

c408-tailgate_ajar1.jpg
Did you take pin 29 to chassis ground or to a ground pin in the connector?

I attempted to tie it to chassis ground (after turning it on with Forscan) and it didn't make the warning go away. If it worked for you I'll need to do some more investigating.

Sponsored

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA

I attempted to tie it to chassis ground (after turning it on with Forscan) and it didn't make the warning go away. If it worked for you I'll need to do some more investigating.
I used chassis ground. In theory should be no difference though. Again I tested the female "socket" side as the male side is missing. I have pins to put in now but haven't tested that.

MonkeySpank

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0

Yea same thing, enabled notification with forscan, chassis ground did nothing. Maybe it needs signal voltage?
Sponsored