First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
So I got mine done today. Matte black vinyl. One thing to note that I did not notice until it was almost too late... The 0 is NOT symmetrical!!! The right side is thicker than the left! Luckily I was able to fix mine before it was too late.

Oh and the 5 is a giant P.I.T.A!!!

PXL_20220515_202725413.jpg
Yes they are a PITA....I made sure I had lots of soapy water and just kept moving them around till I was happy with how they looked.
Sponsored

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
I had the same flat ot 3d question. After looking at the plane factory indents with no stickers, I decided to keep it factory. But then this ⬇⬇⬇⬇

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
One thing to note that I did not notice until it was almost too late... The 0 is NOT symmetrical!!! The right side is thicker than the left! Luckily I was able to fix mine before it was too late.
Wait...what?? Did I miss anything and screw it up?

Ford F-150 Tailgate lettering : raised or flat? 20220428_193551

Yes, the '5' was the hardest one.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Wait...what?? Did I miss anything and screw it up?

20220428_193551.jpg

Yes, the '5' was the hardest one.
Yours looks right but it's hard to tell. Mine didn't look right so i measured it (not with a ruler, just some paper and some marks). I could see a lot of "flat" in the right side. My guess is that it's only like 1/8"-1/4" wider on the right.

Reactions: sbi

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
I had the same flat ot 3d question. After looking at the plane factory indents with no stickers, I decided to keep it factory. But then this ⬇⬇⬇⬇
People who know great music think alike.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Yours looks right but it's hard to tell. Mine didn't look right so i measured it (not with a ruler, just some paper and some marks). I could see a lot of "flat" in the right side. My guess is that it's only like 1/8"-1/4" wider on the right.

Well, it's not (right) :censored:. When you've got OCD, you got OCD.
Took measuring tape to it yesterday and I did "screw it up". The narrow side (of the vinyl, not the tailgate indent) is 2", the wider side is 2 1/8".
What makes the difference is, right side of the middle bump of the "0", the 'slope' towards the indent is kind'a longer than on the left side of it.
To be honest with you - it's really hard to notice, if at all. What I see is that longer 'slope' that I mentioned, not necessarily the width difference in the vinyl letter itself, but we all know that from this day forward, every time I look at my truck from behind, that "0" is the only thing I am ever going to look at, right? 😂😅🤣

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Took measuring tape to it yesterday and I did "screw it up". The narrow side (of the vinyl, not the tailgate indent) is 2", the wider side is 2 1/8".
What makes the difference is, right side of the middle bump of the "0", the 'slope' towards the indent is kind'a longer than on the left side of it.
To be honest with you - it's really hard to notice, if at all. What I see is that longer 'slope' that I mentioned, not necessarily the width difference in the vinyl letter itself, but we all know that from this day forward, every time I look at my truck from behind, that "0" is the only thing I am ever going to look at, right? 😂😅🤣
OG, I shoudln't have said anything. I could def see it. I could see it the whole time I was applying it the first time. I thought it was "normal".....then I measured and was like "WTH?!" and carefully pulled it off and redid it.

I think I would have been the only one that would ever notice and honestly looking at yours, I can't tell much either. You are right though, when it's yours...... you'll always notice it...LOL

Reactions: sbi

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I really like the raised letters, has anyone added them to an Anti Matter Blue? Or recommendations for a color? I think the tailgate really needs something to dress it up, but having a hard time thinking about color. I don’t want to go chrome. I’m thinking black will help off set the deep blue of the paint, but also I’ve got a custom tag that is dark blue, so I’m thinking dark blue letters might be a nice fit too. Anyone added them to AMB yet?

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Flat

Red border around black applied to a Stone Gray Lariat. Installing is easy. Just mix dish liquid and water in a spray bottle. Spray the tailgate and back of the decal. You can adjust them easily and just use a credit card pushing over the decal to remove the excess water.

Once dry it's on there.
20220421_150752.jpg
Ooooh.. that looks super cool.. If I had known this option was available....

Sponsored

jacktomas

First Name
jacktomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150,2016,XL
Occupation
teacher
Ford F-150 Tailgate lettering : raised or flat? 512a67dd-2bdd-46e6-a061-2d529ea7fc0a

I really like the 3D raised letters. I bought tailgate letters from Jhazeauto. This really adds a nice touch to make a great looking truck look even better. It's a budget friendly upgrade that makes a big difference. Install was fairly easy and they like up quite well with the factory tailgate logo.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Could be worse. This is a review on the Amazon letters I bought. (I apologize if this is someone here, but I hope by now they realized they goofed.)
Ford F-150 Tailgate lettering : raised or flat? AE26304C-96ED-4508-B241-B5180C4F8F7A
Sponsored