Sponsored

Sync won't remember settings, Dashboard Errors, Transmission Lunge

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Anyone else having issues with random errors showing on the dashboard, (Check system service soon, Reverse Brake Assist not Available, Front Park aid not available etc.) and features not working along with the ghosted out auto updates along with no versions showing on the screen. Nothing I do on the screen seems to save, (Turn off rear seat reminder, enable real time traffic, keep power running board options) Radio stations will be different when I get back in the vehicle and when I'm driving I will occasionally get a" Please say a command" like I have activated the voice recognition system. The arrows work for the right side of the screen but I can't click the page button (ghosted out) to see all the screen options, I also only have 5 options where others seem more and it is random to what is showing on the side even when I set something it will go to the driving coach or zone lighting randomly.

The screen used to go black and reboot when I was driving; I took it to the dealer this week and they did an update that seemed to fix that black screen issue but I'll know more today as I'll be driving on a trip, but nothing else seems fixed. I took it in for the recall and they don't have the parts to complete it but mine doesn't have any damage so not worried about that.

I also have an intermittent issue where when I back up it feels like the drivetrain is bind/locked up (happen in both 2wd and 4a) if you try to push the gas it will then chirp the tires but it is all locked, then when you go from Reverse to drive it feels like the transmission is going to drop of the vehicle; it shutters forward with a loud bang and everything goes back to normal. (You really have stand on the brake or it will lunge forward, like when you pop a clutch on a manual.) There is also a high pitched noise when it gets cold, which they say is normal. Also the front active air dam keeps getting caught on the valance.
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Aside from the high-pitched transmission noise, mine doesn't do any of those things. Warranty or lemon law...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone else having issues with random errors showing on the dashboard, (Check system service soon, Reverse Brake Assist not Available, Front Park aid not available etc.) and features not working along with the ghosted out auto updates along with no versions showing on the screen. Nothing I do on the screen seems to save, (Turn off rear seat reminder, enable real time traffic, keep power running board options) Radio stations will be different when I get back in the vehicle and when I'm driving I will occasionally get a" Please say a command" like I have activated the voice recognition system. The arrows work for the right side of the screen but I can't click the page button (ghosted out) to see all the screen options, I also only have 5 options where others seem more and it is random to what is showing on the side even when I set something it will go to the driving coach or zone lighting randomly.

The screen used to go black and reboot when I was driving; I took it to the dealer this week and they did an update that seemed to fix that black screen issue but I'll know more today as I'll be driving on a trip, but nothing else seems fixed. I took it in for the recall and they don't have the parts to complete it but mine doesn't have any damage so not worried about that.

I also have an intermittent issue where when I back up it feels like the drivetrain is bind/locked up (happen in both 2wd and 4a) if you try to push the gas it will then chirp the tires but it is all locked, then when you go from Reverse to drive it feels like the transmission is going to drop of the vehicle; it shutters forward with a loud bang and everything goes back to normal. (You really have stand on the brake or it will lunge forward, like when you pop a clutch on a manual.) There is also a high pitched noise when it gets cold, which they say is normal. Also the front active air dam keeps getting caught on the valance.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into these concerns on my end.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
FYI when I had access to the motorcraft service manual from ford, there was a TSB or GSB with these exact same symptoms. It made specific reference to the ford assistant coming on even though no buttons are pressed.

You will need to get with a dealer to pull your vin to check TSBs that apply to your truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, your symptoms are fairly similar to issues that pop up after a specific OTA update. And the solution IF that's the problem, is subsequent update(s)

Sponsored

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost

I don’t have the sync problems, but I have the same transmission issue. No idea what the problem is (though it seems to happen more when it is cold) - taking it into the dealer mid-March, will let you know if they find anything.

OP
OP

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into these concerns on my end.
Sent

FYI when I had access to the motorcraft service manual from ford, there was a TSB or GSB with these exact same symptoms. It made specific reference to the ford assistant coming on even though no buttons are pressed.

You will need to get with a dealer to pull your vin to check TSBs that apply to your truck.
I’ve only gotten one OTA from the time I got the truck. Other update is what the dealer did for the black screen which did fix the issue. Didn’t reset at all on my trip today so that’s been fixed.

I don’t have the sync problems, but I have the same transmission issue. No idea what the problem is (though it seems to happen more when it is cold) - taking it into the dealer mid-March, will let you know if they find anything.
Yes, it does seem to happen more when it’s cold outside, also seems more when the vehicle is warm and not off a cold start. However it seems to be happening more and more but could also be the weather. I’m at almost 15,000 miles now.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
Got back from the dealer today. They weren’t able to recreate the problem and said there was nothing they could do until they actually see it happen. Going to try and catch it on video, but otherwise might have to wait until it gets bad enough to happen every time so the dealer can see it for themselves.

OP
OP

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Well after almost 5 1/2 weeks at the dealer everything has been fixed and updated and even my Blue Cruise has been enabled; Mileage is 1-2mpg better, shifting is much improved. Sync no longer reboots or asks for commands randomly. My Dealer was excellent and kept me informed as to what was going on, even though it took so long. I've had the truck back for a week so far; drives perfect, the rough shifts and shutter are gone. I've also noticed that it will go into electric mode at much higher speeds and well as when you coast.
Sponsored