Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey guys,
Does anyone else have issues with the ford sync cutting out randomly on the iPhone? It’s the strangest thing I’ll be driving down the road listening to Amazon music and all of a sudden the music goes from a stereo sound to almost sounds like the music is playing through the backup “beep speaker” or some sort of analog system. it usually lasts 10-15 seconds then Reverts back to regular audio. It will also do this almost every time I open the Amazon app not the Amazon music app.
Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
This happens to me regularly, although I pretty much exclusively use Apple CarPlay. For me, it seems to be less "random"... I can tell you within 10 seconds of when the sound will cut out based on my location. I had presumed this to be more an Apple/iOS issue, but if you're experiencing it on other platforms, Sync itself may be a contributing factor.

One odd thing I've noticed: If I hit the manual play/pause button immediately when you notice it start to cut out, I can often resume playback a few seconds later without it going into that "tin can" audio mode...

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Haha “tin can” that is exactly the sound I was trying to reference. I’m surprised nobody else is experiencing this?

This happens to me regularly, although I pretty much exclusively use Apple CarPlay. For me, it seems to be less "random"... I can tell you within 10 seconds of when the sound will cut out based on my location. I had presumed this to be more an Apple/iOS issue, but if you're experiencing it on other platforms, Sync itself may be a contributing factor.

One odd thing I've noticed: If I hit the manual play/pause button immediately when you notice it start to cut out, I can often resume playback a few seconds later without it going into that "tin can" audio mode...
Sponsored