Sponsored

Sync CarPlay disconnects consistently

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
I use CarPlay for Spotify, google maps, voice to text etc....

I can't get more than 10 minutes on a good day until the system freezes, stops audio, and disconnects CarPlay. 75% of the time it reconnects a couple minutes later, 25% of the time it won't reconnect to CarPlay without a power cycle or sync reset (hold power and seek right buttons).

I brought in the truck for TSB 21-2310, but I am still having these issues. not sure if it's related, but MyView just lost all it's settings yesterday.

Can anyone advise? Have you seen this before? Any solutions? Thank you!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Bump - anyone solved this? I've had 2 dealers look at it, but can't figure out what to do...
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this carplay concern on my end? Thanks!

OP
OP
RyanStroeder

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this carplay concern on my end? Thanks!
Ok, sending now. Here is video of the issue for anyone else who is suffering:

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
New iOS update today that addresses some Carplay 3rd party apps. Hope that helps! update 15.2.1

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Trust me you're not the only one having this issue. What i've also noticed is that its cell reception related sometimes. Mine disconnects every time on a certain stretch of road on my way to and from work. And other times it will just drop out as well with no reason. I also had Ford message me about it and they were pretty much useless...Have you been getting OTA updates on your truck? I bought mine in october and my fordpass has yet to tell me I have had an OTA installed, which I feel is part of the problem.

dudz2114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Mine is in the shop right now for the recall and I am having them look at my radio too. I showed them a video of it doing the same. Mine was built in August. My friend has one too and same issue so I think it is a ford issues not car play. The only thing does anyone have Android Auto and does that do it too.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
New iOS update today that addresses some Carplay 3rd party apps. Hope that helps! update 15.2.1
A couple days ago I was having this issues with CarPlay disconnecting/ not connecting. If I had google maps, I could hear it on the car speakers but nothing on the screen. after I updated my iOS to 15.2.1 it seems to have helped for now… note that my SYNC version is 21146_Product version 145

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I updated my iPhone 12 to 15.2.1 today and gave the wireless CarPlay another try. Actually worked for a 20 minute podcast, then shortly after I switched to music it dropped out. I was excited for a little while.

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
A couple days ago I was having this issues with CarPlay disconnecting/ not connecting. If I had google maps, I could hear it on the car speakers but nothing on the screen. after I updated my iOS to 15.2.1 it seems to have helped for now… note that my SYNC version is 21146_Product version 145
Interestingly enough I’ve noticed CarPlay issues the last few days myself. Haven’t had any issues since owning the truck. I’ll update my phone tonight.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Interestingly enough I’ve noticed CarPlay issues the last few days myself. Haven’t had any issues since owning the truck. I’ll update my phone tonight.
yeah same here, I’ve been trouble free up to earlier this week… the iOS release notes had mentions of CarPlay issues in certain models ( can’t remember actual verbiage)

BrainLinq

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
IT MSP
I'm having similar issues... iOS is fully updated. I have a 22 PowerBoost and it seems to cut out more when the truck switches to full electric mode. Maybe a coincidence, not sure.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would suggest you forget your phone completely from the truck also forget the truck in the phone CarPlay and Bluetooth settings. Do not do a master reset. Then in the iPhone reset network settings. Then pair the phone again.

Now a warning this will forget all Wi-Fi and network settings and passwords.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I would suggest you forget your phone completely from the truck also forget the truck in the phone CarPlay and Bluetooth settings. Do not do a master reset. Then in the iPhone reset network settings. Then pair the phone again.

Now a warning this will forget all Wi-Fi and network settings and passwords.
So basically:

Ford F-150 Sync CarPlay disconnects consistently giphy
Sponsored