Sync 4 Station Presets - Odd Navigation using steering wheel

NGinuity

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
I have three pages of FM mixed with Sirius XM presets (the FM are only on page one though). For some reason, when I use the steering wheel to move right across the presets, it does not traverse the pages correctly. Reaching the end of page 1 dumps me right to the beginning of that page....and that behavior is the same for page 2 and three. The only way to traverse pages is to back through them to the left.

Anyone else notice this odd behavior? I'm about ready to reset the whole shebang and redo them, but am not convinced this isn't a firmware flaw. I can traverse it just fine on the touch screen, this is just an issue with traversing presets with the left and right buttons on the steering wheel.
Sponsored

OFFICERHORN

First Name
ROBBY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 XLT LARIAT POWERBOOST
Occupation
PUBLIC SERVICE
in my wife's 2021 Ford Expedition she has the same problem, In my 2020 Ford F150 Lariat I did not have this problem and In my 2021 PB I currently do not have this problem only in her Expedition and it drives me crazy when I drive it.

OP
OP

NGinuity

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
in my wife's 2021 Ford Expedition she has the same problem, In my 2020 Ford F150 Lariat I did not have this problem and In my 2021 PB I currently do not have this problem only in her Expedition and it drives me crazy when I drive it.
So it would seem that it's an issue on *some* of the 2021 model year....great. I guess hope and pray they tack it on to an OTA update at some point? It's a pretty glaring issue, can't believe the complaints aren't more in number, or does a normal Sync user not use more than one page of presets?

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I have a slightly different problem. When I'm using Sirius and I use the navigation arrows on the wheel, it changes source instead of station.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I have three pages of FM mixed with Sirius XM presets (the FM are only on page one though). For some reason, when I use the steering wheel to move right across the presets, it does not traverse the pages correctly. Reaching the end of page 1 dumps me right to the beginning of that page....and that behavior is the same for page 2 and three. The only way to traverse pages is to back through them to the left.

Anyone else notice this odd behavior? I'm about ready to reset the whole shebang and redo them, but am not convinced this isn't a firmware flaw. I can traverse it just fine on the touch screen, this is just an issue with traversing presets with the left and right buttons on the steering wheel.
Funny, mine dumps me into the next page and I hate it. I do wish there was a way to change this, for both of us.

Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I've had mine since mid July and it just started doing this a few days ago. I have 5 pages of presets - 1 FM and 4 XM. I was messing with it this morning and found pressing the next button on the steering wheel will go through the first 3 pages and then back to the first preset on page 1. Pressing the back button will go through page 5, 4 and the last 2 presets on page 3 before returning to the last preset on page 5. I've reset it twice and changed it to 4 and 6 pages with no difference. Hopefully it's a software issue that is addressed soon because it drives me nuts.

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Just to follow up, mine did some sort of update on Friday and has been working fine ever since.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL

Sync 4 has many issues. Supposedly april we see an OTA
Sponsored