Sponsored

Sync 4: Spotify Audio, Screen Size Android Auto, Google Assistant "command button"

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport (order), 17 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
VP of Construction
21 Lariat Sport Supercrew. B&O (not unleashed), 12" screen

So, coming into a 21 lariat 501A from a 17 XLT 301A. Loving the truck. Still learning alot about it as I've only had it a week.
One thing I've got a gripe/question about is the Sync 4 system. Maybe someone may know the answers?

1- Spotify Audio does not sound nowhere near as good as the radio or Sattellite. Am I missing something in the settings, because I also dont think the "Speed volume compensation" works with Spotify on Android Auto either?

2- Anyway to make the Android Screen to takeover the entire dash? I've got that little side bar that displays 1 of 5 things that takes up like 20% of the screen. Essentially making the screen the same size as my old 17.

3- In my old truck, when I would hit the "command button" on the steering wheel. My google assistant would answer, and I could command google to do what I needed. Now when I hit the button, the Ford Sync voice pops up and my commands don't work. IE: Hit the button, "Directions to home". It will prompt saying I haven't set a home destination in the Sync 4 navigation. (Which I prefer to use Google maps through Android Auto)
Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
No full screen yet for android auto or apple car play. You now have built in sync voice control, so you have to hold the voice button to get google assistant. Sometimes there are bugs, so try updating spotify and android auto to see if that fixes the sound quality.

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
No full screen yet for android auto or apple car play. You now have built in sync voice control, so you have to hold the voice button to get google assistant. Sometimes there are bugs, so try updating spotify and android auto to see if that fixes the sound quality.
Will do. I just looked through my spotify settings. Seen it had the "volume" set to Normal. I swapped it to Loud. The Equalizer on my phone was also set to flat, so I changed that as well. About to go test it.

Maybe when my Navigation tryout ends it'll go away. (I didn't need Nav, as I use Android Auto)

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of Construction
Wanted to post a discovery.
For Google assistant, if you HOLD the mic button on the steering wheel, it bypasses the ford sync assistant and will prompt the Google assistant instead. ?