Mirel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Logistics
Hello,

Does anyone else have issues with their sync4? Mine is horrible and ill have to take it to Ford this week or next. There is some days I get in the truck and it doesnt even recognize carplay but plays music through blue tooth whether I have it plugged in via usb or not. Some days it will recognize car play but will not play my music, just radio. There were 2 instances were the screen was completely black. Very laggy... The sync 3 in my mustang was great. I tried to update and reset and that didnt help. Anyone have any tips or tricks? Its the most annoying part of my truck.
Sponsored

AggieEng

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost 6.5' Box
Hello,

Does anyone else have issues with their sync4? Mine is horrible and ill have to take it to Ford this week or next. There is some days I get in the truck and it doesnt even recognize carplay but plays music through blue tooth whether I have it plugged in via usb or not. Some days it will recognize car play but will not play my music, just radio. There were 2 instances were the screen was completely black. Very laggy... The sync 3 in my mustang was great. I tried to update and reset and that didnt help. Anyone have any tips or tricks? Its the most annoying part of my truck.
I was having issues slightly different from what you've described. My Sync was changing screens randomly to different settings pages away from the Apple CarPlay screen and would occassionally reset - including the MyView dash settings.

Dealer found that the TCU (telemetrics control unit) had an open circuit. They claim it fixed the issues with the dash.
Honestly, I was a bit surprised they found an issue as I assumed it was a software bug. It sounds like the dealerships (and the trucks they work on) are getting much better diagnostic capabilities. Gone are the days of the random, un-diagnosed check-engine light!

Unfortunately, I've not been able to verify the fix as the truck is still waiting for a back ordered coolant part to get some other issues fixed.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
The only issue I had with sync was when I left my truck on and walked away talking with the guys in the parking lot of the golf course. When I got back to the truck it had indicated that there was an error with carplay connecting and refused to reconnect.

I couldn't even enable wifi on the phone. But turning the car off, and back on got it back without issue.

I do notice that the screen tends to jump to settings first all the time, but once I'm on carplay I haven't noticed it jumping back unless I invoke another screen. For example, adjusting the lumbar or massage settings for the chair will bring up the settings, and then before it goes back to carplay it jumps for a second to the settings panel.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
The only issue I have with sync is if I plug the phone in to charge and leave it plugged in when I shut off the engine. When I return CarPlay will only play music through the phone.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
No sorry. Mines been perfect 4000 miles 4 months

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
There is a software update that takes them about 15 minutes to install and this should fix your problem. If you have FordPass it will show this update.
Sponsored