Sponsored

Sync 4 Glass screen protector

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I guess they aren't actually available, just for pre order on the ocd plug website. But I guess any detail shop can do it
They should be available. I have a set waiting for my pickup to show up.
Sponsored

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I have the tempered glass cover. Looks like it’s not even there, but if it gets scratched I can easily replace it… not so easy with a bare screen.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Screen protectors generally just use a little soapy water to apply the same as any tint or PPF. Products typically come with a small spray bottle, I know the OCD Plug product does, I don't know about the tempered glass version. Spary Sync 4 screen and both sides of screen protector, apply and squeege. Here is a good video (they also have one on the B Pillars):
Thank you, @mwf5888 !

I will give it a try tomorrow!

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Thank you, @mwf5888 !

I will give it a try tomorrow!
Pay attention to the direction/video, it is 2 or 3 drops of soap (like a Dawn dish soap) to give the water some lubrication to slide the screen protector around as you start to squeeze.

You can also start the squeegee process and if it is not straight pull it back up immediately and re-spray. Don't do this more than once or twice and only if you have squeegeed once or twice.

I had a microfiber cloth ready to hold at the edges as I squeegeed so I could wipe the extra water and not let in run down into the dash.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Following this thread for when I eventually get my truck… fingers crossed

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Just received the screen protector from OCD Plug...Under whelmed really. First off its almost impossible to remove all the dust and lint off of the 12" screen. Once I thought I had cleaned the screen enough I tried to apply the screen protector and it has a flaw. I literally spent 15-20 minutes cleaning and cleaning again. Now I have what looks like a crease and discoloration near the edge. I was very careful removing the sheet and followed all the instructions. Looks like I wasted money on a problem I'm not even sure existed! LOL, oh well, I'll probably just remove it. I'll give it a few days and see how it looks. Just a heads up for those that are considering it. If your pretty OCD on looks this one isnt the one.

MrJoeyJiffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2021 Lariat 502
Take some pieces of tape and cover the whole screen in strips with each strip overlapping the previous slightly, get the screen protector ready then pull the tape and immediately apply the screen protector. Worked in cell phone sales for 7 years and this is how we did tablets which were also a pain in the ass because of the size of the screen.

Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Installed the OCD Plug the other day and also had no problems with the install. I have installed many covers on cell phones and this one was the one that was easy. Looks great the next day.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech