• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Switching Dealers

Sprta

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Do receiving dealers have input when people move their reservations from one dealer to another. Can dealers refuse to accept the switch or is the decision exclusively Ford’s.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not sure if they can refuse the reservation, but they can refuse the order

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Not sure if they can refuse the reservation, but they can refuse the order
Chapman refused my reservation at Ford's request. They were very polite about it.

Ultimately, still limited my ability to secure the best price available.

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Any idea why Ford would request a dealer to refuse a reservation? :unsure:

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
And the receiving dealer can certainly make the price unappealing if they really don't want your business.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'd guess that say a large dealership has 700 reservations and know someone transferring over has a slim to none chance of getting one, they'd probably rather just refuse it off the bat than to disappoint the customer down the road. If I owned a dealership and knew a customer had no chance, i'd rather be a straight shooter and let them know up front. Also, that probably adds one more person to the list thats gonna tie up phone lines calling the dealership asking "is it my turn yet?" I'd hate to be answering phones at a ford dealership during this Wave process lol.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Why and how could they refuse the reservation?
I wish I fully understood. I had originally shared the email I received from the dealer after people acted like I was being unreasonable for wanting a fair deal. Today, I think most people recognize the disadvantage this program places on the consumer.

The email essentially said that Ford had met with them the day before and asked them not to accept any new orders, I believe this was prior to the dealer allocation policy being leaked.

Quote from dealer:
"It’s not that we do not want you to switch to our dealership, we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation for all of the reservations that we currently have."

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I wish I fully understood. I had originally shared the email I received from the dealer after people acted like I was being unreasonable for wanting a fair deal. Today, I think most people recognize the disadvantage this program places on the consumer.

The email essentially said that Ford had met with them the day before and asked them not to accept any new orders, I believe this was prior to the dealer allocation policy being leaked.

Quote from dealer:
"It’s not that we do not want you to switch to our dealership, we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation for all of the reservations that we currently have."
i have my reservation with Chapman and they told me since beginning to find other dealer who may be able to get my truck but I am not interested in switching so kept at Chapman

OP
OP

Sprta

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
One issue is the dealer notifies the people on their reservation list their numeric slot. Along comes a transfer with a lower reservation number and pushes that person further back in line. This could also be a reason why dealers will not provide that information as it is subject to change. It appears and its likely that if dealers provide the reservation spot to buyers they will not accept any reservations that will impact the buyers they notified.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Why wouldn’t Ford allow you to switch to another dealer? If they know the current reservation, then they can change the allocation.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
i have my reservation with Chapman and they told me since beginning to find other dealer who may be able to get my truck but I am not interested in switching so kept at Chapman
Wow! I almost went with Chapman, but decided upon Granger. I don't know if that was a wise choice as I don't believe I will be able to order MY22 although my reservation is about #20,000. I placed my reservation about 10 hours after the reveal.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
chapman ford of Horsham PA
Chapman Ford of Horsham PA is the only Chapman Ford that I know of that has been discussed on the forum.
Sponsored