First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Stock is 4"

Yes you need hangers and other bits.

Im actually compiling a spreadsheet with every nut, bolt, hanger, issue, etc and will share once done.

Biggest hurdle are the brake lines and driver side tail pipe interference. BM3 posted pic of it working with some zip ties. Im considering having an exhaust shop make an adjustment but we will see! Godspeed on your journey!
Any update on this? I am trying to use the Ford parts website, but for Tremor trucks they show single exhaust diagrams so I can't really discern the correct info

EDIT: @BM3 do you have the part numbers for the hangers? It appears there are 4 total hangers used on the dual exhaust
Sponsored

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
Any update on this? I am trying to use the Ford parts website, but for Tremor trucks they show single exhaust diagrams so I can't really discern the correct info

EDIT: @BM3 do you have the part numbers for the hangers? It appears there are 4 total hangers used on the dual exhaust
I know you did not ask me, but since I have the numbers handy, I thought I would help. I am guessing that you are asking about the 4 hangers for the tailpipes. The RH hanger on my truck for the original single exhaust was the same as the one for the dual exhaust hanger, so I did not need to buy that one. Depending on your vehicle, you may need to replace it. Here are the other 3 hangers:

The LH intermediate hanger is part number ML3Z-5260-E ML3Z-5260-A
The LH rear hanger is part number HL3Z-5260-A
The RH rear hanger is part number HL3Z-5260-B

If you want the Ford hardware to mount them:

The rear hangers use a dual thread plate part number HL3Z-17C886-B (1 each side)
and they use 2 flanged nuts each W520111-S442 per side

Intermediate tailpipe hanger bolts part number is W721218-S442
Intermediate tailpipe hanger u-nuts part number is W719331-S439

If you need the part number for the 2 bolts for the intermediate hanger, I can check my invoice at home and update this post.

Last edited:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I know you did not ask me, but since I have the numbers handy, I thought I would help. I am guessing that you are asking about the 4 hangers for the tailpipes. The RH hanger on my truck for the original single exhaust was the same as the one for the dual exhaust hanger, so I did not need to buy that one. Depending on your vehicle, you may need to replace it. Here are the other 3 hangers:

The LH intermediate hanger is part number ML3Z-5260-E

The rear hangers use a dual thread plate part number HL3Z-17C886-B (1 each side)

If you need the part number for the 2 bolts for the intermediate hanger, I can check my invoice at home and update this post.
Thanks! I was asking anyone who could help, and today you’re my guy! I appreciate it

21lariatspprt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

5.0screw, ive been mocking up parts as i progress through my swap and when i installed the drivers side intermediate tailpipe hanger my brake lines are less than an inch away, not to mention the wiring loom will rub against the new hanger. How did you overcome these concerns? Any pix?

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
5.0screw, ive been mocking up parts as i progress through my swap and when i installed the drivers side intermediate tailpipe hanger my brake lines are less than an inch away, not to mention the wiring loom will rub against the new hanger. How did you overcome these concerns? Any pix?
The lines are close, but I plan to tie them back and wrap them in heat shield tube. I have mocked up my pipes and tested everything, but I have not done the final install. I am still using my Borla tailpipes until I can get a pair of flanges welded onto my Borla muffler to complete the full install. I plan to get this done in about 2-3 weeks. I will take photos of the entire setup and post them.

My wife goes to the beach for the month of April, so it is truck project month for me! I'll have her Stealth Expedition while she is away, so I can tear mine apart for days on end. Maybe a few mods on hers as well. :unsure: While the cat is away, the dog will find a way to get tossed back into the dog house!

Sponsored

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
@Braeden Yes, the Tremor rear tow hooks are welded to the hitch. The part number was ML3Z-17D826D. I paid $644.49 for it. It cost me another $200 to have it installed but everything lined up perfectly. No cutting or drilling. This was installed on my 2022 XL regular cab 4x2.
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper Tremor Hitch-1
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper Tremor Hitch-2
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper Tremor Hitch-3
Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper Tremor Hitch-4

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
@Braeden Yes, the Tremor rear tow hooks are welded to the hitch. The part number was ML3Z-17D826D. I paid $644.49 for it. It cost me another $200 to have it installed but everything lined up perfectly. No cutting or drilling. This was installed on my 2022 XL regular cab 4x2.
Tremor Hitch-1.jpg
Tremor Hitch-2.jpg
Tremor Hitch-3.jpg
Tremor Hitch-4.jpg
Awesome! Thank you for that information. This will probably get added to my to do list.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

whenever you can update with the bolt part numbers I would appreciate it! I plan to purchase all the parts very soon

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are the bolts and the u-nuts for the intermediate tailpipe hangers. The trucks use 2 of each per mount:

I will also update the post above with this information.

Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper 20230322_102641

21lariatspprt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Here are the bolts and the u-nuts for the intermediate tailpipe hangers. The trucks use 2 of each per mount:

I will also update the post above with this information.

20230322_102641.jpg
The world needs more people like you, Sir! Great contributions!

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Just placed my order for everything except the tail pipes

Ford F-150 Swapping the Lariat rear bumper for the Tremor rear bumper B720E45C-05A5-4C30-866A-BFE4CEFA9552

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
could it be easy enough to install in the driveway and save $200??
Yes it can. It's extremely easy, I just didn't have a large enough socket to get the hitch off the frame. Also, I wanted someone who was more mechanically inclined to take a look at it. For me, it was worth the $200 spent to install it right because I have no idea what I'm doing. I am learning a lot with this truck.
The hardest part installing the hitch is getting the black plastic cap that sits across the top part of the bumpers off. Theres like 28 clips and they break easily but my dad and I did it....slowly.

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
This thread has me wondering….

Could those Tremor end caps be chromed for an XLT chrome package?

:geek: