Swapping chrome exhaust tip

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Has anyone successfully replaced their chrome exhaust tip to black? I haven't measured my exhaust yet ( yes i know stupid) but searched online everyone says its 3in outside diameter or 3in inlet so based on that I've ordered two already. First was some knock off from Amazon that didn't fit than i got Gibson 500379-B and still doesn't fit, am I missing something? I did spray the stock one with few coats of high heat paint but im not satisfied... 3.5 Eco if that makes any difference
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Not being a smart ass, but you removed the chrome tip first?

are they too small? too big? I was assuming the factory pipe was 3”.

OP
OP

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
?? yes i did i had to paint it.. only thing i haven't done yet was measure the diameter of actual tailpipe. The stock tip is slightly larger and on the inside there are metal plates that hold it tight on the tailpipe. I was also assuming nothing has changed since previous gen but the ones I've ordered were small

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I figured, but hey some may paint it on the truck, lol. Yea I was looking at mine the other day, cause I usually cut mine off under the truck and put a turn down tip so it’s hidden. I guess I need to measure too.

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
?? yes i did i had to paint it.. only thing i haven't done yet was measure the diameter of actual tailpipe. The stock tip is slightly larger and on the inside there are metal plates that hold it tight on the tailpipe. I was also assuming nothing has changed since previous gen but the ones I've ordered were small

How did you get the tip off to paint it?

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I agree. I mentioned this
Was actually going to high temp paint mine today, Fords insistenceon still adding chrome to sport packages is annoying.
I mentioned this to them when I had a zoom meeting with the engineers a few months ago. I removed mine, pull and twist and it comes off. It's held on with very strong spring clips. I replaced mine with an black oval exhaust tip from Banks. It was a very snug fit. I ended up
Was actually going to high temp paint mine today, Fords insistenceon still adding chrome to sport packages is annoying.
I mentioned this to them when I had a zoom meeting with the engineers a few months ago. I removed mine, pull and twist and it comes off. It's held on with very strong spring clips. I replaced mine with an black oval exhaust tip from Banks. It was a very snug fit. I ended up having to use an exhaust pipe expander that I rented from O'Reilly auto parts to expand the end to slide it on. It was kind of a pain in the ass.

Blaze

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I agree. I mentioned this

I mentioned this to them when I had a zoom meeting with the engineers a few months ago. I removed mine, pull and twist and it comes off. It's held on with very strong spring clips. I replaced mine with an black oval exhaust tip from Banks. It was a very snug fit. I ended up

I mentioned this to them when I had a zoom meeting with the engineers a few months ago. I removed mine, pull and twist and it comes off. It's held on with very strong spring clips. I replaced mine with an black oval exhaust tip from Banks. It was a very snug fit. I ended up having to use an exhaust pipe expander that I rented from O'Reilly auto parts to expand the end to slide it on. It was kind of a pain in the ass.
Thanks, I was wondering how it was attached.
Have a friend with an expander and he is very experienced welder so that is the easy part.

I have been looking for a black square dual tip only found a few so far that might work.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Okay so if anyone is interested I've measured outside diameter on the tailpipe and at least on mine is 3.14 in . Will have to look for a tip that has 3.25 inner diameter

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Okay so if anyone is interested I've measured outside diameter on the tailpipe and at least on mine is 3.14 in . Will have to look for a tip that has 3.25 inner diameter
I have the 5.0 and OD is the same on mine; the ID is 3"

Anyone have pictures of their trucks with larger exhaust tips? I was thinking a 4 or 5 on mine but I'm not sure if it will look weird or not...

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Thanks, I was wondering how it was attached.
Have a friend with an expander and he is very experienced welder so that is the easy part.

I have been looking for a black square dual tip only found a few so far that might work.
We’re you able to find anything that fit your truck? I’m interested in something similar

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
@currybob cut his exhaust, well before the tip, and you can't see anything! I think he used a Sawzall and cut it at an angle.
Sponsored