Sponsored

suspension mod for 2023 Powerboost

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
i'm looking for a modest lift in front to get rid of the factory rake look. improve on-road and offroad handling. i'm browsing stage3 for a few days and my choices are:

Ford Performance Bilstein. i know this is not recommended on powerboost due to the added weight, but i'm only looking for a very modest lift up front, so even 1.5" is good enough for me, and i like to keep my car/truck as oem as possible.

Fox 2.0 Stage 1 package. reasonably priced, most reviewed product on stage3. kind of a no wrong choice with this one.

i emailed stage3 about these and they recommended ICON stage 1 due to its heavy duty spring rate and bigger shocks that handles hybrid system better.

need some recommendations, i'm new to truck suspension mods. thanks.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It is a heavy beast and a bit undersprung/damped for my personal taste.
And for the most part, with suspension upgrades you do get what you pay for, if you know what I mean. Admittedly, there can become a diminished return for the dollar once you get to the very top of the line and the truck isn't going to be tested off road.

I bet their Icon stage1 recommendation has considerable merit in the context they are presenting.

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
The FRPP Bilstein Kit is awesome. I put it on the 2.5" Groove and got 1.75" of lift. Truck rides absolutely amazing on 10 ply 35's. Check Lethal Performance for pricing as well. I paid about $1350 shipped IIRC.

Ford F-150 suspension mod for 2023 Powerboost Powerboost Screengrab

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The FRPP Bilstein Kit is awesome. I put it on the 2.5" Groove and got 1.75" of lift. Truck rides absolutely amazing on 10 ply 35's. Check Lethal Performance for pricing as well. I paid about $1350 shipped IIRC.

Powerboost Screengrab.jpg
Nice rig!

Sponsored

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
Your install looks great! I Just looked at the pkg and it appears it is not for PB...
yeah, that would be my first choice, but it's not for our PB due to the extra weight i believe.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
I have the fox 2.0. Originally wanted King 2.5’s for adjustability but that’s another story. The Fox’s I got are actually from the last generation truck with a heavier spring rate and work well with the PB. Brought it up to just about level. The tiniest rake still but I’m happy with it as it’s perfect when gear is loaded. It rides much much firmer than stock but not uncomfortable to me. World of difference off-road which is the main reason I did this mod. If you’re going to crank some new coilovers up, and plan to hit some trails pretty good, consider replacing the upper control arm as you will most likely find the limits of the stock upper arm pretty quickly.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
I have the fox 2.0. Originally wanted King 2.5’s for adjustability but that’s another story. The Fox’s I got are actually from the last generation truck with a heavier spring rate and work well with the PB. Brought it up to just about level. The tiniest rake still but I’m happy with it as it’s perfect when gear is loaded. It rides much much firmer than stock but not uncomfortable to me. World of difference off-road which is the main reason I did this mod. If you’re going to crank some new coilovers up, and plan to hit some trails pretty good, consider replacing the upper control arm as you will most likely find the limits of the stock upper arm pretty quickly.
so the current Fox 2.0 comes with lighter spring rate?

Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
so the current Fox 2.0 comes with lighter spring rate?
Fox may have updated their current kit for the PB to the heavier spring rate. Mine was done over a year ago when that wasn’t the case. I’d reach out to fox and ask. Or if they have a PB specific kit now that would indicate they’ve updated. The kit I got was for a non PB f150 from the previous generation.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
i'm leaning toward the FRPP Bilsteins, but still concerning how much the extra weight gonna affect the longevity of the suspension?

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
i'm leaning toward the FRPP Bilsteins, but still concerning how much the extra weight gonna affect the longevity of the suspension?

Will not effect longevity in any way whatsoever. The Bilsteins are DRASTICALLY better than Fox 2.0's in both performance and longevity. My truck has been down some disturbingly nasty roads already. It rides as well or better than my 50" RZR 900, and that's still at 44 psi. The ONLY downside of the Bilsteins are that you will get less than. 2" of level, even on the 2.5" groove. I'm happy to have some rake still.
Sponsored