• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Subtle body changes from ICE to Lightning

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Possibly future charging port for Europe market (Rt side driver).
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Most of Europe has driver side on the left. Also not much of a market for F150 in Europe.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Correct, when I was in Europe, along the sidewalks where EV cars can only park, the charge cable from the "meter" to the vehicle charge port was on the right side of the car for left side driver.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Correct, when I was in Europe, along the sidewalks where EV cars can only park, the charge cable from the "meter" to the vehicle charge port was on the right side of the car for left side driver.
There isn't a reinforcement bracket in the right fender to mount the charging socket like on the left fender.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
And you probably saw none, or maybe one, full size US made pickup truck. $8 gas and space requirements would make it really awkward to own.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
And you probably saw none, or maybe one, full size US made pickup truck. $8 gas and space requirements would make it really awkward to own.
On the Inside EVs podcast, Darren Palmer said there are no plans for the Lightning in Europe. Due to its size, Ford doesn't see a market there, outside of perhaps Norway.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
If you are off roading, of course not, but on a highway you can absolutely go lower. You can even go extra low at higher speeds because you are not exactly hitting curb on the interstate. Make it user controllable, but no reason you couldn't go down to ~4 inches clearance in highway driving - that is what my GT350 has and I daily that 3 seasons of the year.
Not saying you couldn't go lower... I'm guessing there is some reason why it isn't lower already, like Rivian sees potiential issues of it riding lower on the freeway (even if rare). I assume it's possible for Rivian to continually test this and eventually release an even lower mode.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not saying you couldn't go lower... I'm guessing there is some reason why it isn't lower already, like Rivian sees potiential issues of it riding lower on the freeway (even if rare). I assume it's possible for Rivian to continually test this and eventually release an even lower mode.
I don't know the details of the Rivian system, but any air suspension is going to have a maximum range of travel. Rivian is biased towards being an off road adventure vehicle, so they most likely used that range to get clearance off road vs. "slamming it" on the highway.

Example (with made up numbers) - let's say you have 12" of travel. If you want to maximize offroad capabilities while keeping some on road manners / efficiency you would set your clearance to vary between 8" and 20". If you want to maximize range and on road handling, you could set it to go between 4" and 16".

This is simplified and there are other tradeoffs with overall suspension travel and ride comfort, but that is the basic idea. It is all in the design intent for the suspension system.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I'm pumping an old thread, but as a recent lightning owner that traded in a 2021 f150, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I thought the lightning seemed more bland, or vanilla.

I compared my own photos side by side and realized it was the character missing in and around the fenders. Also my truck had the big FX4 graphics that some hate but I liked. Makes the bed of my new truck seem a little longer and more plain.

I'm not hating, I LOVE my new truck. But my 2021 in Velocity Blue may just be my favorite looking.

I really like the new light bar front and back, and I like the new wheels a lot still. Still a great looking truck.
Sponsored