Sponsored

Submitting Sync Update Suggestions?

Snippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone know of an email where we could submit some sync software update suggestions? Below are some of the things I was thinking about.

1. Adjusting the volume results in a pop up that takes up a large portion of the screen. Its rather distracting, so perhaps we could make use of the empty space in the bar up top? Rough mockup below:

Ford F-150 Submitting Sync Update Suggestions? Ford Sync Mock U

2. When maneuvering in tight spaces and using the 360 cameras, it's rather annoying to have to hit the front camera button every time you transition from reverse to drive. Perhaps having an option to automatically default to front facing camera after going from reverse back to drive? Also it flickers the main sync screen between the switch, so having it go directly to the front facing camera would result in a significantly more fluid UX.

3. Given there's USB ports in the cab and console, could we enable a mode similar to Tesla's sentry mode utilizing the 360 cameras while parked? Many of us already have dash cams in place that record while parked, but this would be a huge selling point.
Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I would like to see the option to have a black theme. and i like your suggestion for the volume bar.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
When I had a 2019 Silverado, it flipped from the reverse to forward cameras on screen when going from reverse to drive automatically. I'm surprised Ford doesn't do that.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
When I had a 2019 Silverado, it flipped from the reverse to forward cameras on screen when going from reverse to drive automatically. I'm surprised Ford doesn't do that.
yes very odd to me as well… also being able to use the rear bed camera I feel like it’s so hidden in the menu option and should be functional while driving.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I would like to see certain bugs fixed, which I know many have mentioned:

1. when I’m on CarPlay and go in reverse, it will turn off the radio? Happens at random

2. when I get a call, my instrument panel does not go back to my favorite screens.

3. CarPlay in general is really buggy. Lol

Sponsored

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I disabled my CarPlay, i'll wait for some issues to get resolved and try again later.

MrHat102

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
New search feature enabled for music search when driving, gapless playback and play through folders when playing music from thumb drive.
As it is you cannot access the next album without stopping. pretty lame to listen to same album over and over until your next stop.

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
1. Allow Android auto to go full screen! The side window has worthless information.

2. Allow USB ports in center console to work with Sync. I can never close the tray at the front of the center console since it has the only ports to connect to Sync.

3. Have Sync automatically switch to Android auto when a phone is plugged in.

4. This probably has nothing to do with Sync but Incase it does, who in their right mind put the parking button above the screen and require you to hold it the entire time? With the button location your arm blocks the screen and makes using the feature akward. They should swap this bottons position with the shift lever fold button.
Sponsored