Streaming from phone to screen?

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT
Does anyone know if there's a way to streaming videos/movies from your phone to the 12" screen? Back in the day i was able to procure an aftermarket pop-out screen that would only play movies if the car was parked. I took it to a car audio place and they were able to disable this feature, allowing you to watch movies as you drove. Are you able to do something like this with the new Fords?
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have seen people do it with "jailbroken" Iphones.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Does anyone know if there's a way to streaming videos/movies from your phone to the 12" screen? Back in the day i was able to procure an aftermarket pop-out screen that would only play movies if the car was parked. I took it to a car audio place and they were able to disable this feature, allowing you to watch movies as you drove. Are you able to do something like this with the new Fords?
I hope not.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
No, this is a massive safety hazard for distraction during driving.

Even if you say it's for your passengers and you're not going to be the one watching, you're going to be distracted and tempted to glance over and sneak a peak to see what's going on.

Get an iPad and let your passenger watch that. There's a reason DOT and manufacturers don't let you do dumb shit like this.

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
The T Box from https://carlinkitcarplay.com/ is basically an android tablet without a screen. Your truck screen becomes the tablet screen. I’m able to do YouTube TV or anything a tablet can do. Unfortunately it doesn’t give you the FULL screen.

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Going down this same line of questioning myself.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/streaming-video.10570

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
The T Box from https://carlinkitcarplay.com/ is basically an android tablet without a screen. Your truck screen becomes the tablet screen. I’m able to do YouTube TV or anything a tablet can do. Unfortunately it doesn’t give you the FULL screen.

Looks to me like the company making this needs to reprogram the parameters of their working code to use up the entire screen just like the navigation system does. I’m sure there are ways to bypass using the right tools.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I wish they could. It’s limited to what Ford gives us for CarPlay.
Sponsored