Strange steering wheel pattern of vibrations seemingly linked to PB

Llijbard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat V6 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I now have had my 2022 F150 (3.5L hybrid V6 PB) for about a week after buying it off a Toyota dealership with 5000 miles on it. (And of course Toyota has no clue re the issue.) When driving normally at moderate speeds -- 50 to 65 mph -- with engine on, I get steering wheel vibrations, in sets of three, seemingly when the electric motor kicks in and out, like going around a curve or starting uphill. (There is no shifting of gears, and the transmission is usually in any of gears 8-10 when this happens.) Each of the three vibrations lasts like 1/2 to 1 second. This has become annoying as it occurs constantly in the area I live. Is it normal for this powertrain? If this is some indicator supposedly helpful, can the three vibrations be programmed down to one, or totally eliminated? Or, is this a powertrain defect that I need to take to Ford for immediate action under warranty?
Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.
Sponsored

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
It's under warranty, take it to a Ford dealer. It almost sounds like the lane keep assist warning, but that's just a guess.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I now have had my 2022 F150 (3.5L hybrid V6 PB) for about a week after buying it off a Toyota dealership with 5000 miles on it. (And of course Toyota has no clue re the issue.) When driving normally at moderate speeds -- 50 to 65 mph -- with engine on, I get steering wheel vibrations, in sets of three, seemingly when the electric motor kicks in and out, like going around a curve or starting uphill. (There is no shifting of gears, and the transmission is usually in any of gears 8-10 when this happens.) Each of the three vibrations lasts like 1/2 to 1 second. This has become annoying as it occurs constantly in the area I live. Is it normal for this powertrain? If this is some indicator supposedly helpful, can the three vibrations be programmed down to one, or totally eliminated? Or, is this a powertrain defect that I need to take to Ford for immediate action under warranty?
Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s vibration concerns on my end. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Try using your turn signal in those area where you get the constant set of three vibrations. The lane keep assist won't bother you if it knows you're intentionally crossing what it thinks are solid lines. Unless you are crossing actual lanes without signaling, in which case other people would appreciate you using your turn signal too. :LOL:

Sponsored

SouthernGuy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost, 7.2K PPoB
Occupation
Retired
I agree with the 2 guys that mentioned Lane Keeping system. Turn it off and I suspect you wont be 'picking up good vibrations' any more.

OP
OP

Llijbard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat V6 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
retired
You guys nailed it -- it was the lane keep system. When I turned it off, the vibrations ceased.
Thanks for your input and help.
Sponsored