First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
While my truck was being serviced at the local Ford dealer, I walked into the showroom, as usual, to check out the new vehicles. I heard a thumping sound coming from what I thought was the other side of a new F-150, so I walked around it, expecting to see some kind of construction work outside the window. But, the sound was actually coming from inside the truck! I opened the door, and this is what I heard. :oops:

Just then my Service Writer walked up, so I asked him what that noise was. He sort of rolled his eyes, and said people always leave the doors open and that runs the battery down. When the battery gets below 9 volts, he said it causes the temperature air mix door inside the passenger side dash to cycle, making that thumping sound. He walked off to get one of the techs to recharge the battery.

Meanwhile, the receptionist walked up to me and asked, "Did he say what that weird noise was??" :giggle:
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Haven't got the faintest why that would affect a blend door. Bit odd....

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Open the glovebox and let the little man out.

OP
OP
BlackCloud

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Haven't got the faintest why that would affect a blend door. Bit odd....
I totally agree. I'll have to ask next time I talk to him. He is a 20-year man at that dealership, so I just took his word for it. He was clearly very knowledgable about my PowerBoost. Plus, he made it sound like that was not the first time he had seen it.

Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Basically there are getting to be way too many computers in vehicles. So most odd issues/noises are just like your windows computer. when shit gets weird, shutdown, wait, restart. And likely upon restart all the 1's and 0's will be in the correct order and should function ok.

I had an Bluetooth phone pairing issues, that caused a horrendous static sound coming from the speakers, wouldn't go a way, no matter what I did. parked the truck, shut it off, and next restart, everything was just fine...

Defiantly good to get the service dept. to acknowledge/document the issue though, so that if you have future problems, you may have proof that it started while in warranty.

OP
OP
BlackCloud

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
...just like your windows computer.
My 2021 KR PowerBoost even has its own version of the infamous Microsoft "Blue Screen of DEATH." :oops:

Something in the software burped, and the 12" center screen turned blue. No maps, no ApplePlay, no active selections... just a weak image of what should be there, but all frozen in blue. When I turned off the truck (and opened the door to ensure it was completely shut down) and restarted it, everything went back to normal. That episode had me a little worried, but I haven't seen it happen since.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Sounds like the intro to Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
My 2021 KR PowerBoost even has its own version of the infamous Microsoft "Blue Screen of DEATH." :oops:

Something in the software burped, and the 12" center screen turned blue. No maps, no ApplePlay, no active selections... just a weak image of what should be there, but all frozen in blue. When I turned off the truck (and opened the door to ensure it was completely shut down) and restarted it, everything went back to normal. That episode had me a little worried, but I haven't seen it happen since.
I work in electronic manufacturing and am a little afraid of the chips (CCAs) that Ford is getting from whomever their manufacturer is. Right now it is very difficult to get the parts needed to build the boards. And the rush is to get boards out the door so ford can complete their truck builds. When that happens, quality suffers. The usual. Quality steps are shortened or in extreme cases ignored, in order to get boards out the door.

not saying that is what Ford and their supplier is doing, but being in the industry I am seeing some companies allowing product to ship to them that maybe they wouldn’t in the past.

cheers to hoping we don’t see some premature board failures in the future.
Sponsored