First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Audi Q5 TDI, 2021 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Communication Equipment Sales
I have also had this noisy experience. Yesterday the weather here (North central Ontario) was at about -30C when I went out to start the truck. It made a horrible racket. I did make a video but since it’s much the same as the rest of the videos, I won’t post it unless it’s needed for some reason.
I stopped by my dealership and they had a look at the video clip. The shop Forman suggested it could be pump aeration and wanted to do a quick check of the transmission fluid levels. The check showed that the levels were normal and did not need to be topped off. My next step would be to drop it off at the dealer prior to a very cold night so that they can do a morning start after it has been sitting in the cold.
For now I will keep a watch of this thread to see what folks figure out.
thanks
Kevin
Sponsored

flasch192

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 1993 Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Engine Assembly Tech
Add mine to the List 481 miles -12 a couple night ago , what a racket on cold start !

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I tested mine yesterday after reading this and it had been sitting for about 12 hours to get cold. It was 2F when I did a start, didn’t get any noise like this. Possible it just wasn’t cold enough, or maybe my truck just doesn’t have this issue.

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
add me tot he list as well. Noticed it a couple of days ago but it has not been as cold here as where most of you are. It has only gotten to mid 30s at the coldest

Sponsored

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
For a second I thought maybe it was just late year production issues, but doesn’t seem to be the case. There are posts about non powerboost having this issue also. Includes ecoboost and even saw one for a 2021 5.0. So it is not isolated to just powerboost. Maybe they are different issues with same symptoms.

Mine didn’t make any noise today. It didn’t get below 40degrees though

Last edited:

Sponsored

1985ns

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Hey Everybody, So I took my truck in and left it overnight. Low and behold it didn't get quite cold enough (only down to -10c) so the service manager said it didnt make the noise, he did however watch my video and noted that he's had several come in with the exact same issue in the past few weeks. He suggested that rather than go on a Fishing Expedition ripping things apart (which I completely agree with), he is waiting for direction from @Ford Motor Company to see what the actual issue is and have a TSB released. They did check the Transmission oil level and he said it was perfect so that's not it. For now he suggested to just continue driving it and should it suddenly get way worse to come back. I'm going to check back with them at my next oil change to see if anything has been resolved. I'll post if I have any news.

Please let me know if anybody seems to have a resolution to this problem.

1985ns

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Mine was a
For those having issues, when was your f150 built? Mine was mid October 2021
Im november 2021, but the service manager said that he's seen builds from all months have the same issue. Most likely just because those that got their trucks mid-late last winter didnt see cold enough weather. It seems to only happen below -15c and it needs to sit all night in the cold.

KSA63

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Audi Q5 TDI, 2021 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Communication Equipment Sales
Second time for me hearing the noise from the truck. -20C this am at start. It did not immediately show up but came about a minute after start.
Could it be a problem with the sounder/noisemaker thing? ?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Second time for me hearing the noise from the truck. -20C this am at start. It did not immediately show up but came about a minute after start.
Could it be a problem with the sounder/noisemaker thing? ?
It’s not the pedestrian alert speaker. As mine has the silencer on it. The dealer couldn’t replicate the noise and my transmission fluid level was in the OK range. Who knows what’s going on?!

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
watching this thread as mine also has been making this noise the last few weeks when temps are cold over night. I have a family member who is a service manager at a local dealer and he hasn’t seen this in any trucks here yet but we just started having cold weather. He agrees with what someone’s said on here before a service bulletin should come from ford at some point since it seems to be a widespread issue.
Sponsored