First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I've had my truck for almost four weeks. Wonderful experience so far, but I have one very strange bug - my truck disconnects from my phone ONLY in two locations along my commute. Every. Time. Two areas on my commute, without fail, no matter time of day or any other conditions. I just know it will disconnect briefly, then reconnect. No idea what's causing this. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
I've had my truck for almost four weeks. Wonderful experience so far, but I have one very strange bug - my truck disconnects from my phone ONLY in two locations along my commute. Every. Time. Two areas on my commute, without fail, no matter time of day or any other conditions. I just know it will disconnect briefly, then reconnect. No idea what's causing this. Anyone else having this issue?
Just noticed this as well. Not on my commute luckily (only a 10 min drive to work) but in the next town over which I go to somewhat frequently as I’m coming into town CarPlay will disconnect on me. I can usually get it reconnected but it usually takes some effort but by the time I’m headed back home it disconnects in the exact same spot. Weirdest deal. I’m planning on bringing this up tomorrow night when I’m scheduled to do the virtual walk around deal and will report back if they have any info.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Just found this now. I am having the same issue on my '22...

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Just found this now. I am having the same issue on my '22...
Take it to the dealer for APIM relearn. Advise them the issue of what’s happening and they should check the APIM module and few other modules needing an update but don’t tell them until they tell you it needs to be updated, or possibly replaced. This way they’ll warranty the work otherwise you’ll be slammed with the high hourly rate they charge.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Take it to the dealer for APIM relearn. Advise them the issue of what’s happening and they should check the APIM module and few other modules needing an update but don’t tell them until they tell you it needs to be updated, or possibly replaced. This way they’ll warranty the work otherwise you’ll be slammed with the high hourly rate they charge.
They better warranty it regardless. I only have 3,200 kilometers on it and only owned it for a month.

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
They better warranty it regardless. I only have 3,200 kilometers on it and only owned it for a month.
Most of the time they won’t when it comes to software updates unless there’s a recall/service action available or if the problem can replicate when they’re servicing the issue. Ford Canada told me it varies between dealers at their discretion. I have over 8+ modules that need to be updated and dealers in Edmonton, Leduc, Sherwood Park & Fort Saskatchewan won’t do it under warranty (I even have both PremiumCare+ and FMPP as well), few gave me quotes for starting at $160/hr and some at $180/hr just to update all the modules. All of them said will take half to a full day to do it, no guarantees. So I’m just going to update the modules myself with FDRS, should take me one weekend day to do it.

• Wow
Reactions: 780

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
My truck does the same on the stretch of road near our regional airport, comes back online as soon as I am past it 🤷. Been like this since the day I got it.

Reactions: 780

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
You guys can narrow down the issue further by testing three things in various combinations:
1. Plug phone in using cable (wired carplay)
2. Turn off wireless networking in sync4
3. Turn off mobile hotspot in sync4

my suspicion is the truck acquiring / discovering strong wi-fi networks during your trips, and sync4 or its CarPlay function not handling it well.
Sponsored