First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My dealer needed my driver license and also proof of insurance ( which changed companies shortly after ordering, but need to provide updated copy for registration)
When the “special order“ goes in to Ford, your name and the dealers order number is attached to the paperwork Ford generates..

PReam

First Name
Putnam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My dealer asked for a copy of my DL before placing the order...

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I plan on using x plan. I have a pin from my
Employer but I don’t believe I have a membership card. Where do we get those?
I don’t have a card either (never even heard of one before now) but mine is a pin in an email from the person at ford who initially verified my eligibility. My understanding is that the pin would pull up my name in their system which they match to my ID.

As for drivers license, they took a copy when I placed the order.

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
My salesperson asked for a copy of my license yesterday and told me the same thing.
My salesman took a copy of my license when I placed my order in Feb as standard procedure

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I used Mustang club of America. I sent them a screenshot of my PIN Email that I received.

Rustifer

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford F-150, 1996 Ford F-250
Occupation
Sales manager
So today I received the strangest call from My dealer. It wasn’t the salesman I’ve actually been working with but it was someone asking for me to send them a copy of my drivers license. They told me all dealers are prioritizing custom builds over dealer stock trucks which we already know. Has anyone else received this call? He said my license was needed to assist with scheduling my delivery. I was so excited I went ahead and sent a picture of my license via text. Then I thought… wait a minute, is this a freaking scam? My phone did have the dealer name pop up when he called so I’m probably fine but it’s very odd to me they need your drivers license to schedule or prepare a delivery.
There were too many dealers ordering trucks for customers, that were actually for their inventory. Thus, they wanted drivers licenses, emails, address, phone #, etc. I'm a dealer. It's a complete pain the the rear. Blame it on the shady dealers out there trying to inventory ahead of the next guy.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I had to do the same thing when I purchased from Granger. They had to show Ford, I assume, that I was a real person. Mine was a stock order converted to retail and this took place in December.
Sponsored