First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I have been a concealed weapons instructor for 20 years and I carry daily. I had a Console Vault in my 2006 F150 and used a trigger lock/gun cable lock to secure my firearm in my 2016 F150. I hear the local news and my LEO friends say all the time that they recovered a firearm that was stolen last week, last month, last night, and etc. EVERY FREAKING TIME, the weapon was unsecured in an unlocked vehicle. A video of one of the Kimber Elite .45s that have been stolen around here showed the thief was in the car for about 17 seconds. There is NO EXCUSE for leaving a firearm in a vehicle unsecured....none.

An EDC is called that because you Carry it. If you aren't carrying it, you need to reconsider your reason for having a firearm with you at all. It does you ZERO favors to have it locked in a lockbox, under the seat or unloaded and laying in the glovebox. If you don't wear it because you are uncomfortable, just how uncomfortable are you going to be if you are knifed or shot while someone takes your beautiful truck.

Now, if you are getting into heated arguments because someone is inconsiderate in a parking lot....remember what I tell my students.... "Just because you are now armed does not mean you can stand your ground and enforce your rights. Now you get to be the one to be the nice guy, deescalate, take leave of the situation and open distance from the conflict." The firearm/weapon only gets brought to bare when you have NO OTHER CHOICE. If the weapon comes out, it should be employed, it's not a show piece, it is a weapon.

Just my $0.25. 13 years US Army, combat veteran, 22 years concealed carry and instructor, and a dyed in the wool American.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I have been a concealed weapons instructor for 20 years and I carry daily. I had a Console Vault in my 2006 F150 and used a trigger lock/gun cable lock to secure my firearm in my 2016 F150. I hear the local news and my LEO friends say all the time that they recovered a firearm that was stolen last week, last month, last night, and etc. EVERY FREAKING TIME, the weapon was unsecured in an unlocked vehicle. A video of one of the Kimber Elite .45s that have been stolen around here showed the thief was in the car for about 17 seconds. There is NO EXCUSE for leaving a firearm in a vehicle unsecured....none.

An EDC is called that because you Carry it. If you aren't carrying it, you need to reconsider your reason for having a firearm with you at all. It does you ZERO favors to have it locked in a lockbox, under the seat or unloaded and laying in the glovebox. If you don't wear it because you are uncomfortable, just how uncomfortable are you going to be if you are knifed or shot while someone takes your beautiful truck.

Now, if you are getting into heated arguments because someone is inconsiderate in a parking lot....remember what I tell my students.... "Just because you are now armed does not mean you can stand your ground and enforce your rights. Now you get to be the one to deescalate, take leave of the situation and open distance from the conflict." The firearm/weapon only gets brought to bare when you have NO OTHER CHOICE. If the weapon comes out, it should be employed, it's not a show piece, it is a weapon.

Just my $0.25. 13 years US Army, combat veteran, 22 years concealed carry and instructor, and a dyed in the wool American.
As a 30+ yr. Federal Law Enforcement veteran, retired, I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
As a 30+ yr. Federal Law Enforcement veteran, retired, I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done.
My wife's cousin was a retired FBI agent, he asked me why I would carry a firearm and not use it. I told him I believed in carrying a reserve parachute too.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Haha! Good one. Yeah, no FBI associations here. Not a fan personally.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
My wife's cousin was a retired FBI agent, he asked me why I would carry a firearm and not use it. I told him I believed in carrying a reserve parachute too.
Well, you kinda have to wonder about how reasonable those of us that have jumped out of perfectly good aircraft on purpose are lol!

Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thanks for the inputs, wasn’t trying to made this a firearm usage discussion but a stowage discussion. So to get back on track, here’s what time trying first to see if I like it. In the center console with magnets: Tactical Pro Sports Tac Mag Gun Magnet with 25 lb Rating W/Mounting Screws and Tape (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SWVF3...abc_30E9C7RT7A18HF0ARBB9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

when I first saw the magnets I thought they were too small, but they seem to secure the weapon really well. We’ll see with some driving around, bumps, etc, but I left enough space to get my hand fully on the grip and it's a fairly natural action to pull it out similar to a holster. Yeah not the fastest access, but it's a good compromise of out of sight, secure and reasonable access.

I just used to two sided tape for now. it leaves plenty of room still in the console for other things and without the gun in there you'd never notice the magnet. I can keep my holster there sperate in caseI want to carry the pistol on me when I leave the truck.

Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol 81B46248-B57D-461E-8390-1586100A0F5D

Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol 39203BA7-7EAF-400C-B7E2-98136C0AF583

Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol 16756DD3-8883-4A58-8548-E3A4A72B4310

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
If you have your state’s appropriate carry permit, keep it on you. “Stay strapped or get clapped” as the kids say!

BamaGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I've tried a few solutions over the years with my F150's. Mostly with larger caliber pistols (.45, .40 and .357 sig). I eventually bought an M&P .380. While not a secure solution, for my .380 I use a simple magnet mount under the column and love it. This is the second F150 I've used this mount on, and will do the same if my 2021 ever rolls off the line. I usually carry it when I'm not in the truck (size of a wallet more or less), and if I need to leave it in the truck for an extended period of time - the 2021 locking compartment fits the bill. I did have a gun-safe in my 2015 (center console) for my larger caliber semiautomatics - but proved to be too cumbersome and 'clumsy' for quick access, which defeated the purpose.. I found this to be better balance for my purposes. I live in the Detroit suburbs and haven't seen nearly as much action as you have! Good luck!!
IMG_0117.JPG
Like this! I carry my LCP .380 and it fits in the pocket to the right of my leg and also perfectly in the higher drivers door pocket (@ waist height). I’m 5’2 and I find my Glock is bulkier and in a situation I want ease of use/access.
I’m looking for a magnetic plate or perfect holster to maybe Gorilla glue underneath (knee area) the dash so it’s hidden, yet secured. I don’t want to dig it out of a console or glove compartment. I’m too small to reach to glove compartments. I have to put it in park, move the seat and steering wheel and crawl over to shifter to access.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well, you kinda have to wonder about how reasonable those of us that have jumped out of perfectly good aircraft on purpose are lol!
HEY!!!! I got paid to do the 'Wild Thang!!'

daytpwr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If I am not carrying on me I have used the center console or a vaultek lifepod. The lifepod is a really good device and I have used it for air travel as well. It is Tsa certified.

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Never leave a weapon in your vehicle
strong magnet holder
Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol IMG_1205.JPG
Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol IMG_1207.JPG
Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol IMG_1206.JPG

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well the magnet held fine to the weapon while driving around yesterday, but the magnet didn't stay stuck to the inside of the console, it fell off the double sided tape. Either I need to screw it on or glue it. I don't know how well screws will hold on the plastic on the inside? How thick is the plastic inside the console?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can't speak to the 2021s, but I did screw a magnet into my 2016 with zero issues. Held my pistol like a champ. I'm kind of laid up at the moment or I'd go take a closer look. But if I remember correctly, I think some parts of the console were double walled, and some were not, or at least appeared to be. Obviously I picked a portion that I was reasonably sure was double walled and thick enough to accept a relatively small screw which worked well in conjunction with the tape. I'm sure others will chime in with more usable advice.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I use a magnet that is glued to the inside of my console made specifically for this application. Go to 2AFORLIFE.com. They have a magnet system for this that works well.
This is exactly what I bought. My gun will be on the magnet when I'm in the truck and in my holster when I'm out of the truck. To me it's that simple.
Sponsored