Sponsored

Storing/Mounting a Pistol

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I had two altercations yesterday that made me really want to start carrying my Glock 19 in my new truck. One was 3 dogs attacking an old lady and her two dogs, had to jump out of my truck in the middle of the street and chase off the dogs, they could have turned on me! Second was some guy that cut me off twice in a parking lot and I honked, he blocked my truck, jumped out and puffed up at my trying to fight. Eventually threw a water bottle at my new truck! Luckily nothing that could damage my brand new truck otherwise I would have gotten into it with him.

In my previous car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee there was such limited storage that I didn't have room to store it longer term. So looking for some solutions (products, best storage location for quick access, etc) in their trucks with a pistol. I really prefer to not take it out every night (I know this will freak people out, but it's a pain and with the security on this truck, shouldn't be anyone getting into it!!). Are there products that have some simple lock feature?
Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I keep my EDC in the center console.
Just loose? Mounting on/in anything? I'd like it in some sort of holster, perhaps screwing that holster in the center console could be nice....

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Just loose? Mounting on/in anything? I'd like it in some sort of holster, perhaps screwing that holster in the center console could be nice....
Holstered of course and just set on the bottom of the console. It really doesn’t move around too much to be honest.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
American trucks website has a few safes with combination lock for the center console. Some are for a full center console safe and others take up just half the console so you still have room for unlocked storage. I reached out to them and they confirmed the half console safe would fit on the 2021 model even though its advertised as 15-20. I only asked about the one with the $325 price since its the most popular one.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
I had two altercations yesterday that made me really want to start carrying my Glock 19 in my new truck. One was 3 dogs attacking an old lady and her two dogs, had to jump out of my truck in the middle of the street and chase off the dogs, they could have turned on me! Second was some guy that cut me off twice in a parking lot and I honked, he blocked my truck, jumped out and puffed up at my trying to fight. Eventually threw a water bottle at my new truck! Luckily nothing that could damage my brand new truck otherwise I would have gotten into it with him.

In my previous car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee there was such limited storage that I didn't have room to store it longer term. So looking for some solutions (products, best storage location for quick access, etc) in their trucks with a pistol. I really prefer to not take it out every night (I know this will freak people out, but it's a pain and with the security on this truck, shouldn't be anyone getting into it!!). Are there products that have some simple lock feature?
With all the storage spots available in reach of the driver, I'm sure you can find good comfort spot to keep it! Upper glove box, centre console, all room in door. Or even straped under seat. You have too many options to place it within reach.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill

I've tried a few solutions over the years with my F150's. Mostly with larger caliber pistols (.45, .40 and .357 sig). I eventually bought an M&P .380. While not a secure solution, for my .380 I use a simple magnet mount under the column and love it. This is the second F150 I've used this mount on, and will do the same if my 2021 ever rolls off the line. I usually carry it when I'm not in the truck (size of a wallet more or less), and if I need to leave it in the truck for an extended period of time - the 2021 locking compartment fits the bill. I did have a gun-safe in my 2015 (center console) for my larger caliber semiautomatics - but proved to be too cumbersome and 'clumsy' for quick access, which defeated the purpose.. I found this to be better balance for my purposes. I live in the Detroit suburbs and haven't seen nearly as much action as you have! Good luck!!
Ford F-150 Storing/Mounting a Pistol IMG_0117.JPG

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
With all the storage spots available in reach of the driver, I'm sure you can find good comfort spot to keep it! Upper glove box, centre console, all room in door. Or even straped under seat. You have too many options to place it within reach.
Plenty of places to have it sitting, was interested more so in mounting solutions I suppose. Sitting in my truck today mounting a holster to the inside of the center console would be nice, but not easy/fast access.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I've tried a few solutions over the years with my F150's. Mostly with larger caliber pistols (.45, .40 and .357 sig). I eventually bought an M&P .380. While not a secure solution, for my .380 I use a simple magnet mount under the column and love it. This is the second F150 I've used this mount on, and will do the same if my 2021 ever rolls off the line. I usually carry it when I'm not in the truck (size of a wallet more or less), and if I need to leave it in the truck for an extended period of time - the 2021 locking compartment fits the bill. I did have a gun-safe in my 2015 (center console) for my larger caliber semiautomatics - but proved to be too cumbersome and 'clumsy' for quick access, which defeated the purpose.. I found this to be better balance for my purposes. I live in the Detroit suburbs and haven't seen nearly as much action as you have! Good luck!!
IMG_0117.JPG
I’ve seen those before, but probably too exposed for me wanting to leave it in the truck. Don’t have my CCP for NM yet....

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
American trucks website has a few safes with combination lock for the center console. Some are for a full center console safe and others take up just half the console so you still have room for unlocked storage. I reached out to them and they confirmed the half console safe would fit on the 2021 model even though its advertised as 15-20. I only asked about the one with the $325 price since its the most popular one.
Don't believe them! There are no 2021 models avail yet as per Tuffy, Console Vault etc. I am arguing with AT and they are dense as it gets. Tuffy is working one of an updated version of theirs but isn't ready yet. It needs a design mod to work on 2021 F150s.

I requested AT to remove it from the site and they won't and don't care. I ordered a Tuffy, learned later from a Tuffy rep that it will not work. Yet, AT is sending it to me anyway, won't cancel order and I have to return it when I get it. They are the worse I've ever dealt with. First time and last time for them!

Use these somewhere you'd like. I got one right above my right knee near the start button. Been using this brand for years. Till there is a safe that fits, you're good to go. Leave the vehicle, holster your weapon and wear it!

Amazon.com : RYMMES Gun Magnet Mount Holster (45 lbs Rated) - HQ Soft Rubber Coated - Perfect Magnetic Holder for Concealed Your Weapon on Car, Truck, Wall, Vehicle & More - Powerful & Durable (2 Pack) : Sports & Outdoors

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I’ve seen those before, but probably too exposed for me wanting to leave it in the truck. Don’t have my CCP for NM yet....
First, get your permit, then carry on your body with the holster of your choice unless it's too uncomfortable while seated. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it's the first choice I'd recommend you consider. Driving isn't the only time you may need your weapon. What about when you need to pump fuel, run inside a convenience store, etc? Are you going to bother/remember to unlock it or remove it from whatever location and holster it every time you exit your truck?

Anywhere visible/exposed runs the risk of either theft or completely ruining your day, and the day of any inexperienced LEOs you encounter on a traffic stop.

Mine is always concealed in my holster on my body.
I never have to worry about exiting my truck in a hurry and forgetting it.
I also never have to worry about criminals or LEOs seeing it.

Once they are available for a 2021, I will have a gun-safe securely mounted in my center console for those rare occasions when I need to enter a property that prohibits concealed-carry. Until then, I will hide it, and always lock my truck upon exiting.

Again, I know my solution doesn't work for everyone, but it works great for me.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Don't believe them! There are no 2021 models avail yet as per Tuffy, Console Vault etc. I am arguing with AT and they are dense as it gets. Tuffy is working one of an updated version of theirs but isn't ready yet. It needs a design mod to work on 2021 F150s.

I requested AT to remove it from the site and they won't and don't care. I ordered a Tuffy, learned later from a Tuffy rep that it will not work. Yet, AT is sending it to me anyway, won't cancel order and I have to return it when I get it. They are the worse I've ever dealt with. First time and last time for them!

Use these somewhere you'd like. I got one right above my right knee near the start button. Been using this brand for years. Till there is a safe that fits, you're good to go. Leave the vehicle, holster your weapon and wear it!

Amazon.com : RYMMES Gun Magnet Mount Holster (45 lbs Rated) - HQ Soft Rubber Coated - Perfect Magnetic Holder for Concealed Your Weapon on Car, Truck, Wall, Vehicle & More - Powerful & Durable (2 Pack) : Sports & Outdoors
Good to know, thanks!

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I like this, just need to figure out where to mount it that’s not exposed but quick to access.
Sponsored