stock units vs ordering

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
A buddy of mine who helps run a local dealership said that stock orders usually get priority over orders that say, we all make here... so my question is this.. If a stock order gets preferential treatment, what stops them from doing that instead of the consumer order. Does this make sense? LOL
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
A buddy of mine who helps run a local dealership said that stock orders usually get priority over orders that say, we all make here... so my question is this.. If a stock order gets preferential treatment, what stops them from doing that instead of the consumer order. Does this make sense? LOL
Your question makes perfect sense.
The answer is hiding in plain sight somewhere within the convoluted ordering process.
I've read a few attempts to explain the process, but it still makes no sense to me. Could be I expect it to be a lot simpler that it is, and I can't wrap my mind around it. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

That being said, by dealer talked me into a stock order and said it would get here faster, so I went with that. I ordered in late August and already have a VIN# assigned with an estimated build later this month.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
My salesman told me that the factory will start out with stock units......to take care of any problems.....then they will start with the orders next.....it lets them get any incidental problems out of the way...........I will gladly stay with my ordered unit....Supercab larit 502a
Sponsored