Stock speaker size?

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Does anyone know the sizes of the stock speakers in the front and rear doors for the 21 f150?
I usually order from crutchfield but they don't have it listed yet.
Sponsored

TomJr

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Silverado
I would also like to know this and is there any change in the space beneath the rear seat in the Crew Cab. Will a subwoofer box that fits a 2020 screw still fit in the 2021? I just ordered a 21 xlt sport with only the 400w outlet on Saturday 1/11 and upgrading the sound will be a priority once it comes in.

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Following. I just purchased 2021 XLT with the 302a package w/ standard speakers. I have an entire audio system from a previous build including Focal flax evo series 6.5 components for the front and rear, a shallow mount JL 12”, and an Arc audio 5 channel to power it all. I’m also waiting for PAC-Audio to come out with an amplifier interface so I can keep the 12” screen and standard features. Can’t wait for it to come up from Seattle on a barge to Alaska.

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Does anyone know the sizes of the stock speakers in the front and rear doors for the 21 f150?
I usually order from crutchfield but they don't have it listed yet.
Got official word recently that the size of the speakers have not changed if you are referring to the non- B&O sound system. There are 6x9s in the front and 6.5s in the back. There are no amps for the non- B&O and run off the head unit. If you plan on running an after market sub, you need either get a DSP like JLs Fix86 or Kicker Key to flatten the signal of the stock tune. I found out that a Line Converter will make it possible to hook up an aftermarket amp, but it doesn't flatten the signal, which makes it likely that aftermarket speakers will sound like sh!t.

Best of luck!

TeeravX

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It's strange, looking at the 21 F150 on Crutchfield which is usually pretty spot on with fitment - it doesn't seem like they list any 6x9 speakers as compatible with the front doors.

Sponsored

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
It's strange, looking at the 21 F150 on Crutchfield which is usually pretty spot on with fitment - it doesn't seem like they list any 6x9 speakers as compatible with the front doors.
Whatever 6x9s are compatible with the 2020s are comparable with the 21s. I bought speaker adapters that fit previous years for my 21.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I was interested in this as well. Depending how the stock speakers sound (Picking up my truck Saturday hopefully) I may want to replace the stock speakers with something a little better quality. Not interested in crazy volume levels or bass, might just want better quality sound so I may want to swap out the stock speakers.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Thanks for this thread.
I purchased an XLT off of my works lot and I spent hours going over all the trucks to try and get the combination of options I wanted.
I was forced to give up the moonroof, rear sliding window, and B&O stereo to save $5k.
My Lincoln MKZ is loaded with the exception of the nicer stereo, so I bought 2 sets of Infiniti components and they made all the difference.
I was going to do the same with this truck.

Would you think I can just search for stuff to go in a 2020 F150 and it will all work the same?
Thanks! Love this truck.

Sponsored

Seanjbrogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a FX$
I was able to use Crutchfield to search for speakers and installation hardware for a 2020 model and it all worked in my 2021 just fine.
SO did you replace your rear speakers too? same mounting kit and accessories?

Last edited:

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I replaced the rear with the same components that I used in the front. Different mounting brackets, though.

Seanjbrogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a FX$
Just did a full build out on my 21. All door speakers are the same as the 2020. I have a wiring diagram if anyone needs it. Actually very simple job and my system is WAY better. Had to do an under seat sub though just couldn't squeeze it behind the seat (well not a good sub). Fair warning I was not able to get voltage for remote turn on however many amps now have speaker level turn-on.

Polk 656
polk 6506
All new Speaker wire
Audiocontrol D5.1300
AudioControl AC-LGD
JL JL Audio 10TW3-D4 (custom box)

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost FX4 XLT with Stuff
I just replaced my fronts, rears and pillars. All brackets from metra and oem speaker adapters fit perfectly using 2020 as reference. I replaced with a 3-way focal 6x9 in front doors, Infiniti tweeters in pillars and focal 6 1/2 in passenger doors. No issue and install myself under 2 hours.
Sponsored