Stock Orders

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
I placed an order in early February for a platty powerboost and was part of the 4/26 build week. After finding out my truck has an ETA of late August 2021 i started searching for a platinum powerboost around my area.

Here is what i found at almost all the dealerships near me:

A lot of stock orders coming in for the dealership and each dealer (30 around me) has a ton of stock in transit.... Blend dates are the last two weeks...

Anyone else see this pattern in their area?

Seattle area if that matters.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It’s not surprising. F-150 inventory is crazy low in most places. Trucks that dealers have in stock orders (in transit) they still lost of their website as for sale. I’ve read in a few places that many of those stock orders that are “to be built” or “in transit” have already sold or had a deposit placed on them.

I’ve seen dealers in my area listing them on their website without the vehicles actually being on the lot as well.

OP
OP

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
yeah that is precisely what is happening with dealerships in my area. However, it looks like any trucks with a blend date in the last two weeks are getting built and shipped to dealers faster than retail orders.

Do i put a deposit down on a produced stock order or not.......

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
A refundable deposit shouldn’t be an issue. If it’s equipped the way you want it then get the one that comes in first. I put deposits at 2 different dealerships for the exact same truck I would have ordered and got the one I wanted in about 2 weeks. Neither dealer charged my credit card, just took my number.

OP
OP

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
yup, that is exactly what i did. both trucks have the same options, however the one i did not order is on transit with max tow. Hoping the max tow comes in first.

Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
yup, that is exactly what i did. both trucks have the same options, however the one i did not order is on transit with max tow. Hoping the max tow comes in first.
Dealer I’m getting my truck from , has a white KR listed on their site . Checking the window sticker , shows the sticker for my truck in Smoked Quartz. Tracker still showing in production. Their online site shows 41 2021 F150’s. Bet they have less than a handful on site.

OP
OP

Hennessy

First Name
VV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum Powerboost
Dealer I’m getting my truck from , has a white KR listed on their site . Checking the window sticker , shows the sticker for my truck in Smoked Quartz. Tracker still showing in production. Their online site shows 41 2021 F150’s. Bet they have less than a handful on site.
Hey that might be a good thing. I've read where dealer websites will show inbound/in transit trucks on their site when it has shipped. When did you order your truck?

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Order was accepted by Ford on Jan 26th. But have several options in addition to chips causing the delays. Produced though on April 1.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It’s not surprising. F-150 inventory is crazy low in most places. Trucks that dealers have in stock orders (in transit) they still lost of their website as for sale. I’ve read in a few places that many of those stock orders that are “to be built” or “in transit” have already sold or had a deposit placed on them.

I’ve seen dealers in my area listing them on their website without the vehicles actually being on the lot as well.
I can confirm my truck is on a local dealer website and I put down a deposit on it. A lot of custom orders r processed as “Stock ”. I would bet all the new incoming trucks r someone’s order. Unless customer doesnt accept an order, those trucks in transit will be gone...Toyota told me in 2021 99% of tundra orders r bought from the production line.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can confirm my truck is on a local dealer website and I put down a deposit on it. A lot of custom orders r processed as “Stock ”. I would bet all the new incoming trucks r someone’s order. Unless customer doesnt accept an order, those trucks in transit will be gone...Toyota told me in 2021 99% of tundra orders r bought from the production line.

If that’s the case, I misunderstood the OP. That SHOULD NOT be happening! A special order is a special order and should not be listed on a dealer’s website as inventory.

A couple people on here (who were bigger men than I could have been) had their custom order, GREEN WINDOW STICKER trucks sold out from under them because of antics like that. Completely unacceptable.

I checked my dealer’s website daily as my truck was being produced and shipped, and it was nowhere to be found, as it should be.

The only caveat to that is if the dealer placed your order as a stock order (blue window sticker) under their own inventory/allocations.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If that’s the case, I misunderstood the OP. That SHOULD NOT be happening! A special order is a special order and should not be listed on a dealer’s website as inventory.

A couple people on here (who were bigger men than I could have been) had their custom order, GREEN WINDOW STICKER trucks sold out from under them because of antics like that. Completely unacceptable.

I checked my dealer’s website daily as my truck was being produced and shipped, and it was nowhere to be found, as it should be.

The only caveat to that is if the dealer placed your order as a stock order (blue window sticker) under their own inventory/allocations.
I have been seeing a lot of green window stickers this week. Called a few dealers and they are for sale, people backing out of deals I was told. I don't want to wait another 2 or 3 months if I can find something close, I'll jump on it. What boggles my mind is all the retail trucks still showing up on lots while custom orders are being delayed.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been seeing a lot of green window stickers this week. Called a few dealers and they are for sale, people backing out of deals I was told. I don't want to wait another 2 or 3 months if I can find something close, I'll jump on it. What boggles my mind is all the retail trucks still showing up on lots while custom orders are being delayed.
If customers backed out it’s one thing, the truck should be fair game then.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck

I agree, but as long as u put down a deposit u should be safe. my dealership has been ordering everyone’s orders under stock. At this pt in the yr dealers aren’t doing dealer trades, so I’m stuck. my stickers been blue so not sure what is special about green stickers.
If my dealer sells my truck I’ll be pissed. My trucks in transit according to local dealer site, but fords main site shows my truck like it’s delivered..idk bc tracker on this site shows It’s in transit too. I’m waiting on a call from the dealership, but my truck shipped on the 12th so it should be here soon. My sticker date at the bottom changed to 18th this month, so I figured there has been an update of some kind..i hope it meant it was delivered, but no call, so im not sure what is the status is?

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Technically my custom truck is built for me and to normal outsider looking on dealer site it appears to be Retail, but if dealer puts it as the order as stock, it may appear dealer stock is being done over custom orders..i think many will jump ship on orders if there is a lot of rust,

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Technically my custom truck is built for me and to normal outsider looking on dealer site it appears to be Retail, but if dealer puts it as the order as stock, it may appear dealer stock is being done over custom orders..i think many will jump ship on orders if there is a lot of rust,
I looked at 7 f150s today, all recent deliveries, no rust, all out of Dearborn. All XL and XLT, no max tow. Maybe they fixed the issue?
Sponsored